Sponsored

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
The fuel system for pump gas is much easier than it is for E85 with about 30% less flow requirements. They could either voltage boost the stock/OEM or add an extra pump. Or they may even have enough extra capacity to stretch the OEM system out to make it work. I'm sure they probably upgraded the injectors (to go along with the whipple 3.8) but it's not like the GT500 fuel system would have to be totally overhauled to get adequate flow for 900 on pump.

I'm more curious as to how they got to 900 on pump in terms of safe/reliable (and 50 state legal) tuning.
I just read that the 900 is on 91 octane which surprises me.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
It's not a question of what they've done, it's a question of value. If I told you that I'm gonna make a 1000hp mustang with all the upgrades you can imagine and sell it for $400k, you'd acknowledge that it's both a badass car, but also a poor value (given the alternative that you or many others could produce the product for the same or less.)

Having a SA real mccoy car has value, but you'd be hard pressed to convince many that a 3.8 and a bunch of frilly upgrades is worth $56k. I don't think anyone is saying it's not a badass car.

I don't think anyone is saying it's not coveted and wanted and appealing. But at what cost? THAT is what makes this kinda yawn worthy. Anyone can build a car for unlimited or outrageous costs, it's offering a badass car at a great value that's difficult.

The supersnakes before it were at least a big jump from the GT that it started out to be. Now, could you take $56k and replicate what Shelby has done? Performance wise, absolutely, now, SA licensed aesthetics might be a different matter (and of course you wouldn't have the SA name/brand which does add and hold value).

We all had the same concerns when Ford fielded the Bronco. Would they offer this awesome new product at a reasonable price point or would it be stupidly high. When GM came out with the C8, it's largely a home run because the car is a LOT of car at under $70k. It's HIGH VALUE.

As I said in my previous post, if you can actually buy direct from SA (for their MSRP) the value is much higher because getting a GT500 right now for MSRP is difficult. But if SA is going to send these to dealers who turn around and add their own market justified markups, then it's going to be much lower value (benefit/cost).
exactly, and if it was 56k on top of a GT, it would be reasonable. but it is not just adding a 3.8L S/C and getting to 900hp, you are STARTING off with a S/C and at 760HP. They aren't starting off at a stock suspension and upgrading it to handle the power, It is all already there!

the difference between a GT and a GT500 is MUCH more than between a GT500 and GT500KR, and the price difference between the GT and GT500 is much much less than from GT500 to GT500KR (granted, 10 hp at 760 HP already is much more expensive than 10 hp at 500 HP)

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Keep in mind these are most likely crank numbers. You don’t need a whipple to get 900 crank. A pulley drop, intercooler upgrade, fuel setup, and a tune will get you 900 AT THE WHEELS from Palm Beach Dyno.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
It's not a question of what they've done, it's a question of value. If I told you that I'm gonna make a 1000hp mustang with all the upgrades you can imagine and sell it for $400k, you'd acknowledge that it's both a badass car, but also a poor value (given the alternative that you or many others could produce the product for the same or less.)

Having a SA real mccoy car has value, but you'd be hard pressed to convince many that a 3.8 and a bunch of frilly upgrades is worth $56k. I don't think anyone is saying it's not a badass car.

I don't think anyone is saying it's not coveted and wanted and appealing. But at what cost? THAT is what makes this kinda yawn worthy. Anyone can build a car for unlimited or outrageous costs, it's offering a badass car at a great value that's difficult.

The supersnakes before it were at least a big jump from the GT that it started out to be. Now, could you take $56k and replicate what Shelby has done? Performance wise, absolutely, now, SA licensed aesthetics might be a different matter (and of course you wouldn't have the SA name/brand which does add and hold value).

We all had the same concerns when Ford fielded the Bronco. Would they offer this awesome new product at a reasonable price point or would it be stupidly high. When GM came out with the C8, it's largely a home run because the car is a LOT of car at under $70k. It's HIGH VALUE.

As I said in my previous post, if you can actually buy direct from SA (for their MSRP) the value is much higher because getting a GT500 right now for MSRP is difficult. But if SA is going to send these to dealers who turn around and add their own market justified markups, then it's going to be much lower value (benefit/cost).
Well said, I agree with what you are saying. I will add that SA states this is a “post title” package, which means you would buy your car on your own and send it to them. This is as it was for my Signature Edition as well.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and if it was 56k on top of a GT, it would be reasonable.
new GT, Buy GT500 crate motor with SC for $28,000, buy bigger SC for $10,000 and sell the kit one, add labor, tuning and go down to the corner sign/vinyl shop for some one-of-a-kind stickers and you're still ahead of the difference. by a mile.

Oh wait, no certificate of authenticity... Damn I knew I was forgetting something crucial.

Sponsored

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
new GT, Buy GT500 crate motor with SC for $28,000, buy bigger SC for $10,000 and sell the kit one, add labor, tuning and go down to the corner sign/vinyl shop for some one-of-a-kind stickers and you're still ahead of the difference. by a mile.

Oh wait, no certificate of authenticity... Damn I knew I was forgetting something crucial.
and you didn't add upgraded cooling, exhaust, wheels, new seat coverings, dress up, suspension work, carbon hood and parts.... Just sayin'.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm more curious as to how they got to 900 on pump in terms of safe/reliable (and 50 state legal) tuning.
I have to agree. I don't see the factory cats living for very long. The injectors are going to be dumping quite a bit of fuel for cat over temp protection in an attempt to keep them cool. And they'll have to last for 8 years or 80,000 miles.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
900 (ғʟʏᴡʜᴇᴇʟ) ᴏɴ 93 ᴏᴄᴛᴀɴᴇ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴀsᴜʀɪɴɢ ғʀᴏᴍ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀʟʟs. Eᴠᴇɴ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇ ᴀ ʜɪɢʜ sɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴀ 200ʜᴘ ᴠᴀʟᴠᴇᴛʀᴀɪɴ ʟᴏss, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's sᴛɪʟʟ 700 ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ ᴏɴ ᴘᴜᴍᴘ 93. Tᴀʟᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴅɢᴇ. I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀ ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇɴ2/3 ᴄᴏʏᴏᴛᴇs sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴡɪsᴇ. Aɴᴅ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ғᴏʟᴋs.. STOCK OPG ᴡ/ FACTORY WARRANTY. <- As ᴘᴇʀ M6G ᴘʀᴏᴛᴏᴄᴀʟʟ.. Dᴇʀᴀɪʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴘɪᴄ ʜᴀʜᴀ.

Last edited:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I have to agree. I don't see the factory cats living for very long. The injectors are going to be dumping quite a bit of fuel for cat over temp protection in an attempt to keep them cool. And they'll have to last for 8 years or 80,000 miles.
Read the fine-print under Exterior & Interior Features: “Power features void manufactures power train warranty.”

Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Do want.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Are those a reinvention of the Shelby Alcoa wheel from the S197 cars?
Classic design looks killer here too!
I really like the overall package although value is debatable as discussed.
-J

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I have to hand it to those who predicted the new Shelby would be unveiled to be a Shelby King of the Road. In this country people have the right to spend their money the way they want. I would love to see the new Shelby KR in person. I bet I would love it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
In this country people have the right to spend their money the way they want.
Agreed 100%. Quite frankly folks on here trying to put a “value” on a specialized 900HP Mustang need to find another tree to piss on.

There is no monetary value in the KR. There isn’t supposed to be. It’s supposed to be an incredible Mustang, which I believe it will be.

Value, is in the eye of the buyer. Personally I do not think a Rolex Daytona is much of a value but I’d love to have one. And would buy one if I really, really wanted it.