Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
For reference, my ‘09KR base car MSRP was $46,890 and did not have a gas guzzler tax.
Here’s the KR package sticker:
5B308B18-3F1B-44B2-B244-03108F81F6B3.jpeg

Note the added gas guzzler tax and that the KR package was worth about 76% more over the base car. And let’s not discuss ADM on these.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m not impressed. I just don’t see the value here. Sure you get a CSM, but the rest of it just doesn’t add up to me as far as cost to value.
If money were no object and I wanted a garage Queen then I’d be ordering a HE CFTP Wide Body yesterday.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Bad ass American muscle. I want to know how in the hell are they getting 900HP on pump gas. I want some info on the fuel system.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Bad ass American muscle. I want to know how in the hell are they getting 900HP on pump gas. I want some info on the fuel system.
The fuel system for pump gas is much easier than it is for E85 with about 30% less flow requirements. They could either voltage boost the stock/OEM or add an extra pump. Or they may even have enough extra capacity to stretch the OEM system out to make it work. I'm sure they probably upgraded the injectors (to go along with the whipple 3.8) but it's not like the GT500 fuel system would have to be totally overhauled to get adequate flow for 900 on pump.

I'm more curious as to how they got to 900 on pump in terms of safe/reliable (and 50 state legal) tuning.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So, as expected (see other GT500 KR thread) a bunch of whiny negative comments. Instead of looking for the good we immediately jump to the bad. Unfortunately this says a lot about the current state of our forum.

IMHO SA has taken the most powerful Mustang and made it better. 900HP. Come on guys, 900HP on pump gas. The rest is purely individual taste. Lastly, do we not realize that this is most likely the last of it kind. We all know the direction the industry is headed in and it‘s not looking great. So let’s celebrate the new King of the Road and go out there and enjoy all of our Mustang’s.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
So, as expected (see other GT500 KR thread) a bunch of whiny negative comments. Instead of looking for the good we immediately jump to the bad. Unfortunately this says a lot about the current state of our forum.

IMHO SA has taken the most powerful Mustang and made it better. 900HP. Come on guys, 900HP on pump gas. The rest is purely individual taste. Lastly, do we not realize that this is most likely the last of it kind. We all know the direction the industry is headed in and it‘s not looking great. So let’s celebrate the new King of the Road and go out there and enjoy all of our Mustang’s.
900 on pump gas is impressive.

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
im a die hard hardcore shelby american fan and im excited as a son of a bitch with them bringing back the GT500KR but shit i still wanna see a comeback of the GT500 super snake

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

fuck yeah one shelby american fan from another bro

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1

Relax, we are all happy at the end of the day to see another Shelby. Some of us are just a little salty to be priced out (KR 3X-4X more than 10 15 years ago). I will stick with my GT500 I got for MSRP and over 800HP.

I collect Jordan's and I'm a little salty where the game has went, fakes and hard to find. Went to Disney recently and def. not worth it. So, we all get a little salty when the game changes ways we don't like and not worth our time.

I'm in my 50s dating and there are only V4 hoopties out there. Of course the state of dating these days is shit, but It's ok if I complain a little about it. We all have expectations. lol

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
im a die hard hardcore shelby american fan and im excited as a son of a bitch with them bringing back the GT500KR but shit i still wanna see a comeback of the GT500 super snake
Me too, but I’m afraid this is the last hoorah. That‘s why I feel so strongly about celebrating it. Sure it’s not perfect, just like the man himself, and it is costly, isn’t everything these days. But it’s a Mustang, it’s a Shelby, and it’s a King of the Road. Shouldn’t that be enough?

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Me too, but I’m afraid this is the last hoorah. That‘s why I feel so strongly about celebrating it. Sure it’s not perfect, just like the man himself, and it is costly, isn’t everything these days. But it’s a Mustang, it’s a Shelby, and it’s a King of the Road. Shouldn’t that be enough?

hell yeah

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

And it never fails that someone has to come in and piss on others opinions and be a hypocrite about “whining”. 900hp on 93 is easy in these cars, Shelby isn’t using any magical fairy dust here.
Thanks for your .02, about all it was worth.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

It's not a question of what they've done, it's a question of value. If I told you that I'm gonna make a 1000hp mustang with all the upgrades you can imagine and sell it for $400k, you'd acknowledge that it's both a badass car, but also a poor value (given the alternative that you or many others could produce the product for the same or less.)

Having a SA real mccoy car has value, but you'd be hard pressed to convince many that a 3.8 and a bunch of frilly upgrades is worth $56k. I don't think anyone is saying it's not a badass car.

I don't think anyone is saying it's not coveted and wanted and appealing. But at what cost? THAT is what makes this kinda yawn worthy. Anyone can build a car for unlimited or outrageous costs, it's offering a badass car at a great value that's difficult.

The supersnakes before it were at least a big jump from the GT that it started out to be. Now, could you take $56k and replicate what Shelby has done? Performance wise, absolutely, now, SA licensed aesthetics might be a different matter (and of course you wouldn't have the SA name/brand which does add and hold value).

We all had the same concerns when Ford fielded the Bronco. Would they offer this awesome new product at a reasonable price point or would it be stupidly high. When GM came out with the C8, it's largely a home run because the car is a LOT of car at under $70k. It's HIGH VALUE.

As I said in my previous post, if you can actually buy direct from SA (for their MSRP) the value is much higher because getting a GT500 right now for MSRP is difficult. But if SA is going to send these to dealers who turn around and add their own market justified markups, then it's going to be much lower value (benefit/cost).
Sponsored