#900 came home!

50thLE_CEMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary LE Mustang GT
Hello everyone! Just picked this past weekend #900 (manual, WW) from a dealer in upstate NY with only 782 miles!!

I've been lurking this forum for a while now, it took me quite a bit to convince myself that this was a good idea and actually my hesitation made me lose a couple of other good opportunities. Most remarkably, #835 with only 123 miles.

The car is in pristine condition and I got all of the 50th LE goodies with it: welcome kit with book, owners manual and navigation SD card still in their wrappers, certificate of VIN authenticity, signed picture of the car at FRAP and car cover. The cover is in pretty rough shape I'm afraid, so I'll be checking in the near future if the logos can be re.-printed.

The car will be spending the rest of its foreseeable future in the Detroit metro area, I'll make sure to post some pics of it if/when I cruise to FRAP and the Ford HQ with the rest of my Mustang club.

Looking forward to contribute to the conversation!
IMG_0489 copia.jpg
IMG_0491 copia.jpg
IMG_0493.JPG
IMG_0240 copia.jpg
IMG_0238 copia.jpg
IMG_0236.JPG
Sponsored

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Congrats. Enjoy it!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Congrats! @50thLE_CEMS

So if you don’t mind the questions:

What was your hesitation in buying a 50th LE?

Was it the limited exterior/interior color configurations?

Were you seeking a certain LE production number?

Were you looking at newer S550’s with different features or performance aspects and comparison shopping?

Were you comparing other collectible limited edition Mustangs to the 50th, whether that would be Classics or Moderns?

Was it a “toy” aspect bs getting one and daily driving it?

Just wondering because I myself have also been doing the “back and forth” with picking up a 15 50th LE. I even found LE #13 in FL (made a post in here too), but twiddled too much with the thinking aspect and it was “poof”, too late & gone...

Sponsored

OP
OP

50thLE_CEMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! @50thLE_CEMS

So if you don’t mind the questions:

What was your hesitation in buying a 50th LE?

Was it the limited exterior/interior color configurations?

Were you seeking a certain LE production number?

Were you looking at newer S550’s with different features or performance aspects and comparison shopping?

Were you comparing other collectible limited edition Mustangs to the 50th, whether that would be Classics or Moderns?

Was it a “toy” aspect bs getting one and daily driving it?

Just wondering because I myself have also been doing the “back and forth” with picking up a 15 50th LE. I even found LE #13 in FL (made a post in here too), but twiddled too much with the thinking aspect and it was “poof”, too late & gone...
Thanks!! To be honest, my hesitation had more to do with the current state of affairs (covid + shaky economy) than with the car itself.

My previous car was a '18 EcoBoost that had 14 months left on the lease however, with the pandemic, I found myself working from home so the car was just sitting in my garage - I was paying for a lot of miles I wasn't driving in a car that I had no intention of keeping. By my estimation, I would have returned the car with about 15k miles bellow my allowance had I gone the full term.

I figured it was a good idea to just cut my losses and get into something I'd HAVE the intention of keeping for at least 10 years, but I still had this little voice in my head telling me it's not a good idea to get out of a lease so early and that it was not really a good idea to get a new car with the current state of affairs.

After going back and forth, I'm happy to say I could be happier with the car. I actually love the interior color combination and I'm a complete sucker for Wimbledon White. The fact that only a handful of modern Mustangs have come in this color makes so much more special.

I did look into a '20 GT, but a fully equipped one was out of my budget. The LE is missing some stuff that was introduced down the road, such as active exhaust and magneride, but it is as loaded as it could get back in '15. I was not looking for a specific production number, but it had to be WW.

I did not cros shop with other special Mustangs. This will be my daily for the next 5 years or so, so I needed something dependable.

I guess the LE just ticked all the boxes that were important to me: very well equipped V8 Stang that can be had in brand-new condition (only 782 miles!) at a price point I could afford. The fact that I've wanted one since it was introduced and it's a special Mustang just makes it sweeter.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Thanks!! To be honest, my hesitation had more to do with the current state of affairs (covid + shaky economy) than with the car itself.

My previous car was a '18 EcoBoost that had 14 months left on the lease however, with the pandemic, I found myself working from home so the car was just sitting in my garage - I was paying for a lot of miles I wasn't driving in a car that I had no intention of keeping. By my estimation, I would have returned the car with about 15k miles bellow my allowance had I gone the full term.

I figured it was a good idea to just cut my losses and get into something I'd HAVE the intention of keeping for at least 10 years, but I still had this little voice in my head telling me it's not a good idea to get out of a lease so early and that it was not really a good idea to get a new car with the current state of affairs.

After going back and forth, I'm happy to say I could be happier with the car. I actually love the interior color combination and I'm a complete sucker for Wimbledon White. The fact that only a handful of modern Mustangs have come in this color makes so much more special.

I did look into a '20 GT, but a fully equipped one was out of my budget. The LE is missing some stuff that was introduced down the road, such as active exhaust and magneride, but it is as loaded as it could get back in '15. I was not looking for a specific production number, but it had to be WW.

I did not cros shop with other special Mustangs. This will be my daily for the next 5 years or so, so I needed something dependable.

I guess the LE just ticked all the boxes that were important to me: very well equipped V8 Stang that can be had in brand-new condition (only 782 miles!) at a price point I could afford. The fact that I've wanted one since it was introduced and it's a special Mustang just makes it sweeter.
$$??

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

50thLE_CEMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
Good deal on that!

Hiw are you liking it so far? Will you be updating or doing anything to it?
I absolutely love it. It's been a while since I drove a stick shift so I'm still getting used to it, but I'll get there.

I do have some upgrades planned, the first one will be sync 3. I also want to upgrade the upper part of center console (black plastic around the cup holders and shifter) and the knee bolsters. It may sound silly, but those were wrapped in leather in my '18 and is really bugging me.

I'm on the fence about the digital dash, we'll see in a few months.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

@50thLE_CEMS
Thanks for the reply.

So what are your thoughts as far as the prior ownership of the 18 vs the now new to you 15, as far as “tech” goes? Are you finding yourself missing anything tech related from the 18?

Aside from the differences in engines, does the 15’s handling feel more raw compared to your prior 18?

OP
OP

50thLE_CEMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
@50thLE_CEMS
Thanks for the reply.

So what are your thoughts as far as the prior ownership of the 18 vs the now new to you 15, as far as “tech” goes? Are you finding yourself missing anything tech related from the 18?

Aside from the differences in engines, does the 15’s handling feel more raw compared to your prior 18?
Oh absolutely. I badly miss CarPlay and sync 3 is so much better than My Ford Touch overall. I do believe the actual screen is older technology as well, I can tell it takes more force for it to detect your touch. I'm also more and more convinced about the digital cluster swap. I know it kind of defiles the "modern classic" theme of the car, but it is much more usable than the tiny screen the car came with. With the 12" screen you have all the info you need while driving right in front of you.

I have only driven the car 80 miles in the past two weeks (me not using the car was one of the reasons I traded up), so I can't tell much about the handling. The Brembos are MUCH more grabby than the base brakes and the car does roll less, which means I can take corners somewhat faster. I'll be doing a small rally through some backroads with my Mustang club later this month, I'm sure I'll be able to tell more after that.
Sponsored