zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
got mine fitted today. looks great and the fitment is way better than i expected given what i'd read on here, but does anyone know how you remove the rain tray? i've undone the nuts but there are washers that really don't want to budge at all. Am i missing something?

IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0246.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0252.jpg
On a positive note, at least they didn’t screw up your hood and order like the rest of us.
Sponsored

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The inner splined washers only hold on the vents as they are supposed to be more permanently attached, the tray is supposed to use the acorn nuts only . You are not going to enjoy taking all those washers off my friend.
That makes a lot of sense. Any suggestions as to how to do it?

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
That makes a lot of sense. Any suggestions as to how to do it?
Those type of washers usually won’t be reusable after the removal process. Fastest way is to get a pair of side cutters and grab a corner, bite and twist. That opens the cavity and allows you to wrestle off or cut off easier. If you’re extremely patient you may be able to use a pick and spin them off but I’ve never tried as I’ve always just replaced similar washers in the past. Let me see if I can get one taken off of mine.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Those type of washers usually won’t be reusable after the removal process. Fastest way is to get a pair of side cutters and grab a corner, bite and twist. That opens the cavity and allows you to wrestle off or cut off easier. If you’re extremely patient you may be able to use a pick and spin them off but I’ve never tried as I’ve always just replaced similar washers in the past. Let me see if I can get one taken off of mine.
ok thanks, will try and source some new washers and give it a go, thanks

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
ok thanks, will try and source some new washers and give it a go, thanks
I was not able to get the one off that I tried without rendering it unusable. At least, I personally wouldn’t use again. Hardware store should have something similar in stock. Luckily I was supplied a few extra with mine.

Sponsored

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I was not able to get the one off that I tried without rendering it unusable. At least, I personally wouldn’t use again. Hardware store should have something similar in stock. Luckily I was supplied a few extra with mine.
yeah I’ll replace with new. Thanks

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I put my washers in to hold the vent before I got it painted, big mistake. Taking them out was not fun, but I used a small flat head screwdriver and tweaked a few of the teeth and they came right off. I didn't plant to use the rain tray so I purchased some nylon lock nuts and used those as replacement, that way if it ever needs to come out again, all I need is a socket wrench.

Hood Looks great on your ride.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Update on my situation. All that had happended is they put the wrong tracking information on my order. They didnt ship until yesterday though and no one bothered to call and tell me anything.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Update on my situation. All that had happended is they put the wrong tracking information on my order. They didnt ship until yesterday though and no one bothered to call and tell me anything.
At least it shipped. Now to see what's missing.

Sponsored

Stang5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt 6759
I received my hood yesterday , I went and picked it up everything was there all in one huge box . Now after a few days of curing in the sun I will start the paint process . I might add the finish looks pretty good except for one scare on the top side that I will have to fix but it is minor .

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
Do you mind if I ask where you sourced the OEM 500 hood? And how does it fit on a 350? I thought the two wouldn't line up.
I ordered it through my local dealer. (Depaula ford)Yes it doesn't line up at all without alot of work to fenders, bumpercover and hood itself.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I ordered it through my local dealer. (Depaula ford)Yes it doesn't line up at all without alot of work to fenders, bumpercover and hood itself.
Thanks, how much hood clearance did you pick up over the whipple vs the factory 350 hood?

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
Thanks, how much hood clearance did you pick up over the whipple vs the factory 350 hood?
Not much,if any, my reason for doing it was the heat extraction more than anything else

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Update, Cervini's shipped my louvers today. I hope with them actually in the box.
Sponsored