Sponsored

90% of my Cervinis GT500 hood arrived today

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ordered this same hood and have posted pictures of it in the other original gt500 hood thread. I have Royal Crimson paint and ordered mine painted from them after I got some crazy high quotes locally to paint it. I was fortunate that my hood showed up in great condition and the paint matched very well and in good condition.

That said, their customer service stinks and I'm not sure that I would purchase from them again based on my experiences calling their CS twice.

I hope you get your issue resolved.
Good to hear yours ended on a postive note. Totally agree on the customer service.
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just got notice of my hood being shipped.
A week later, but its out. Crossing my fingers.

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
That gap looks like a normal Cervini's gap to me. Mine is the same and also had some trash in the clear coat but it did wet sand out. The paint is SUPER thin so if you attempt to fix it, be very careful. Kinda wish I would have had it painted by a shop.

I will say they were able to match magnetic very well though...which was my biggest worry. Seeing that on your car makes me wish I had waited for the GT500 hood instead of going with the 4" cowl. Looks killer!

This is only my opinion but their customer service is terrible! I had some missing hardware from the side skirts and rear diffuser so I sent them an e-mail through the website..never got an answer. Tried calling the guy who i placed the order with and never called me back. Finally said screw it and got my own hardware. It's a small company so you would expect the customer service to be top notch. Hope your rain tray shows up soon.
Good luck with a true paint match to magnetic j7, there is over 10 variants to that color. I sprayed out all 10 and still wasn't happy. Had to blend the windshield post bumper cover and into the doors to make it match perfectly. Heres a factory ford 500 hood on my 350
20200614_154010.jpg
20200614_153944.jpg

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring

Sponsored

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Update - BBB complaint was closed due to no response from Cervinis. Not very surprised at this point. If they don’t respond to my card company then the idiots are going to lose the entire cost of the hood when all I wanted was the paint refund. In terms of match, I would actually say that’s the one thing they got right, matches my OE paint very well aside from all the spots they screwed up, which looks more to be in the clear than the base.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Update - BBB complaint was closed due to no response from Cervinis. Not very surprised at this point. If they don’t respond to my card company then the idiots are going to lose the entire cost of the hood when all I wanted was the paint refund. In terms of match, I would actually say that’s the one thing they got right, matches my OE paint very well aside from all the spots they screwed up, which looks more to be in the clear than the base.
I’ve read this whole thread and to be honest the only true thing that can’t be fixed with just a polisher and a light grain polish is probably the hood vents slightly sloppy matte finish. Every other issue from the cloudy clear coat to the “hologram” look can easily be polished out and that $100 refund should be able to cover it if you don’t know how to yourself. Not saying it’s right or fair but realistically the paint probably is fine and they just polished it poorly creating those issues. No matter what I always polish the paint after about a month. Shops always do a quick and rushed polish job making the paint look horrible in the sun. A 15minute polish will make the hood look mint most of the time causing that “hologram” effect you talk about.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
I’ve read this whole thread and to be honest the only true thing that can’t be fixed with just a polisher and a light grain polish is probably the hood vents slightly sloppy matte finish. Every other issue from the cloudy clear coat to the “hologram” look can easily be polished out and that $100 refund should be able to cover it if you don’t know how to yourself. Not saying it’s right or fair but realistically the paint probably is fine and they just polished it poorly creating those issues. No matter what I always polish the paint after about a month. Shops always do a quick and rushed polish job making the paint look horrible in the sun. A 15minute polish will make the hood look mint most of the time causing that “hologram” effect you talk about.
Sweet observation bro but why the fuck would I pay 800 dollars to have to finish the job myself? It doesn’t matter how minor or inconvenient it is. It’s principle. I run a business and it’d be a cold day in hell before I’d have my customer settle for having to finish the job themself after paying for the work to be done. That’s just an asinine opinion, next time keep it to yourself.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
DD639B1D-ACC7-4D82-A5C7-F2D21FC9AE79.gif

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet observation bro but why the fuck would I pay 800 dollars to have to finish the job myself? It doesn’t matter how minor or inconvenient it is. It’s principle. I run a business and it’d be a cold day in hell before I’d have my customer settle for having to finish the job themself after paying for the work to be done. That’s just an asinine opinion, next time keep it to yourself.
First of all there comes a point where all the time and effort you spent trying to get a refund was worth just polishing the hood for 15 minutes and being happy, stress free and done. Clear coat swirls aren’t worth a full paint job refund, imho. You got credited shipping, correct?...and $100 credit. You got way more refunded than what it costs to polish swirls out. Not one shop would repaint or refund for that since it can be fixed in minutes usually. Sorry. Second of all if you were that concerned about perfect craftsmanship you would have had a local shop paint it and match it on site. Not mail order a paint job. Obviously any fixable defect would have to be done by you or another shop, no matter how “inconvenient” it is, or how much it costs those are the chances you take with a mail order paint job. Lastly if you don’t want opinions don’t post on public forums where they are made to give comment, feedback, or opinions. I was just trying to give you good advice because it’s very obvious you don’t know what you’re looking at considering you think the paint job is bad due to swirls and clear needing to be polished, not counting the extractor, that clearly needed another coat and they should offer you a refund for that paint or an exchange for another painted matte extractor. But based on your response and how you responded to me pretty sure I understand now why Cervinis didn’t want to deal with you. Only took you 1 response to respond to me like that and I was giving you normal, helpful advice. Hope it works out for you though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Two different points being made here in the last two posts. I can understand both sides completely. What I've learned from this thread is that mail order paint jobs are only good if the company has a reputation for consistent quality. I bought a Cervinis cobra r hood painted black for my previous 2012 gt. I found minor issues that could only be spotted if i looked very close. This 2020 gt-500 hood came to the customer with issues far worse then mine. Not only that, I've read so many posts about Cervinis paint quality being substandard. In the Future I will not order any pre painted hoods from them. I have a buddy who works in a bodyshop and i would have him paint it. There’s nothing wrong with requesting a refund for a substandard job on a hood you’ve paid for. Sure you can fix their errors to get it right but i think in this scenario there’s to much to fix to make it right. This case deserves a full refund with the return of the hood.

Last edited:

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two different points being made here in the last two posts. I can understand both sides completely. What I've learned from this thread is that mail order paint jobs are only good if the company has a reputation for consistent quality. I bought a Cervinis hood cobra r hood painted black for my previous 2012 gt. I found minor issues that could only be spotted if i looked very close. This 2020 gt-500 hood came to the customer with issues far worse then mine. Not only that, I've read so many posts about Cervinis paint quality being substandard. In the Future I will not order any pre painted hoods from them. I have a buddy who works in a bodyshop and i would have him paint it. There’s nothing wrong with requesting a refund for a substandard job on a hood you’ve paid for. Sure you can fix their errors to get it right but i think in this scenario there’s to much to fix to make it right. This case deserves a full refund with the return of the hood.
polish of a clear coat isn’t too much to fix. Matter of fact most cars that are dark require in this heat a second round of polish due to a cloudy look after the clear settles and after about 30 days of paint cure. Again a big reason you go to a shop. The louvers are easily exchangeable.

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My local shop gave me an estimate of 400 for paint and install. Why would you want to pay so much for a mail order paint job on such a large part? If you get it done local they can fix any defect.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
My local shop gave me an estimate of 400 for paint and install. Why would you want to pay so much for a mail order paint job on such a large part? If you get it done local they can fix any defect.
I live in a small town with two locally owned body shops. One quoted 1500, the other quoted 1200 as they insisted on repainting and blending most of the front clip. Everyone seems to be missing the point that it was offered as a service. It’s not like the paint was something I asked them to do as a favor. Painting is part of their business and having something arrive and ready to go is more convenient than having to rent another truck to haul it around town and let it sit for weeks while the body shop has a chance to get to it. I’ve bought pre painted bumpers and spoilers for years with zero issues. If the company isn’t capable of doing a good job, or catching a shit job before it releases to public, that’s on them not me.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Sweet observation bro but why the fuck would I pay 800 dollars to have to finish the job myself? It doesn’t matter how minor or inconvenient it is. It’s principle. I run a business and it’d be a cold day in hell before I’d have my customer settle for having to finish the job themself after paying for the work to be done.
3f2.jpeg
Sponsored