$9 Seat Lap Belt Tensioner for Autocross

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
As several of you have probably noticed, the schroth quick fit doesn’t fit a 2018+ without some extra work and neither does a CGlock. I found that two of these seat belt tensioners from Amazon do a fine job and are ezpz to adjust. Just pull up on the chest strap, slide them down to the buckles, and click the latches.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WSDRPTJ?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

AF77C460-C674-4930-B04A-87BF502FBA28.png

Mandatory autocross video:

look how relaxed I am now that I don’t have to use my arms and legs to hold myself in the seat.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I love seat mods. They're cheap, easily noticeable by the driver and actually turn into time on the watch. Good stuff!

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
As several of you have probably noticed, the schroth quick fit doesn’t fit a 2018+ without some extra work and neither does a CGlock. I found that two of these seat belt tensioners from Amazon do a fine job and are ezpz to adjust. Just pull up on the chest strap, slide them down to the buckles, and click the latches.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WSDRPTJ?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

AF77C460-C674-4930-B04A-87BF502FBA28.png

Mandatory autocross video:

look how relaxed I am now that I don’t have to use my arms and legs to hold myself in the seat.
Thanks, that looks like a good and cheap idea. I tighten the belt when I get in, but then it of course losens up by it self a bit later. Ordered a set of this.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Let me again compliment Dana Pants on his tip. It's a bit too cumbersome to use for daily driving I find, and I've developed the habit of pulling up on the belt every now and then to keep it tight anyway, but I used this thing on my track day last Sunday, and found it quite useful. Keeps the lower over-the-lap part of the seat belt tight and reduces sliding on the seat.

Very cheap and useful mod.

OP
OP

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Let me again compliment Dana Pants on his tip. It's a bit too cumbersome to use for daily driving I find, and I've developed the habit of pulling up on the belt every now and then to keep it tight anyway, but I used this thing on my track day last Sunday, and found it quite useful. Keeps the lower over-the-lap part of the seat belt tight and reduces sliding on the seat.

Very cheap and useful mod.
I’m glad this tip is helping people.
Sponsored