84mo/100,000 Mile CPO?!?!

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I know what the Magnuson Warranty Act is. I'm asking for the specifics where you stated they have to pay you for the vehicle and you get to keep the vehicle as well.

Any lemon law attorney will gladly accept the case, people think its hard to enact the MMA, but in reality it only takes about two to three months to settle.

You need to make sure that all modifications that are done to the car prior to the sale of the vehicle are documented. If the dealer says "Its still under factory warranty" in any shape or form, just get them to put it in writing, and if you ever have a claim denied related to the aftermarket parts, you're in the money...

"Magnuson Warranty Act

The federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act specifies that a dealer or manufacturer providing a written warranty on a vehicle cannot disclaim implied warranties for that vehicle. Even if the written warranty is limited to certain vehicle components, the federal statute prohibits disclaimers of any implied warranty."
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You do realize what you put there in the end constitutes fraud, correct? I fail to understand why you would come on a forum state what you stated about warranty's and then in the end tell people to commit fraud by covering your tracks. All this aside, congrats on the new car. I'm sure glad I get to pick and chose my clients.

Long tube headers typically have no cats. Cats or not, the positions of the O2 sensors fall within the factory variance and threshold of accepted AFR, it does not change or create any fuel condition that would cause a failure up top. Dealers can state that it does, but they don't expect you to lawyer up and come back with facts, and engineering information about tolerances and thresholds.

Warranties are regulated by the bureau of automotive repair. Every new car warranty has to be approved by them before calling it an actual warranty, otherwise, it must be called a replacement plan. When they are approved, they are approved within thresholds of technical data for every part of that vehicle. Basically, if a warranty claim is denied due to long tube headers, and the factory O2 sensors are still in use, and they were relocated by an approved shop, the only thing they are admitting to is that their sensors failed and they had no failsafe to dump into limp mode.

There is no getting around modifying a stock ECU, if you even have one flash that wasn't approved. you're out of luck.

Words of wisdom, try to avoid all of this, keep a stock exhaust handy, buy a motec, pull your stock ECU and set it aside, cover your tracks. I learned all this stuff the hard way.

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
Does it count as fraud if itā€™s a motec system exhaust and a spoon engine???

ā€œbuy a motecā€ is one of my favorite quotes Iā€™ve seen on this forum haha. Cause you knowā€¦ you just plug in a stand alone ecu easy peasy.

You do realize what you put there in the end constitutes fraud, correct? I fail to understand why you would come on a forum state what you stated about warranty's and then in the end tell people to commit fraud by covering your tracks. All this aside, congrats on the new car. I'm sure glad I get to pick and chose my clients.

OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Z06, S3, Jeep JL Eco Diesel, Armada
Thanks for the kind words! I was referring to my comment of Make sure you get everything in writing. Have them document all after-market installed parts on the car at the time of purchase, and that it has been approved by corporate.

There are 1000's of threads of denied warranties due to aftermarket parts, the objective of this was to educate future buyers on what their options are at the time of purchase and what questions they should be asking. I learned the hard way when I was younger, sometimes the excitement of buying a new car can leave you scatterbrained at the dealership.

Look for this line in the act, this falls under dealer fraud.
  • Cash with continued possession of car: The Magnusson Moss Warranty Act allows a consumer to seek a cash settlement and keep the car. The Magnusson Moss Warranty Act does not require the consumer to give the car back to the manufacturer."

OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Why go through all the effort you have gone through to have the COO's power of attorney sign some form stating your warranty is still a warranty even with your aftermarket parts, when you are saying you will need a lawyer anyway and can leverage the Magnuson act (which in no way states your aftermarket parts are warranted, or the addition of your aftermarket parts don't void portions of your warranty if deemed attributed to a failure)?

Even the factory bumper to bumper warranty is a "limited" warranty.

Genuinely trying to follow, as I too am a bit confused.

Is the bottom line you went through extraordinary measures to ensure that the selling dealer is liable if there is a mechanical failure that could be attributed to the aftermarket accessories that are installed on the car you purchased for the duration of the ESP warranty that you are not sure is even part of the deal?

I think you definitely should do as others mentioned and ensure the ESP transfer is a part of your deal, in addition to what you've already done.
I was never asking if it was transferrable, it is, and it's now registered in my name. I was asking if anyone had ever seen an extended powertrain warranty added with such low mileage and if this was common or a sure sign of a motor replacement.

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
ever seen an extended powertrain warranty added with such low mileage and if this was common or a sure sign of a motor replacement.
I donā€™t believe you posted the current mileage anywhere in your initial post?

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
You were asking if the warranty was a real thing yet you knew it was transferableā€¦ ok

the ESP warranties are purchasable while the factory warranty is in place, but the ESP warranties take affect at the vehicles original in service date, not when you buy it or when your new car warranty runs out.

many people purchase these at time of purchase of the car new.

I was never asking if it was transferrable, it is, and it's now registered in my name. I was asking if anyone had ever seen an extended powertrain warranty added with such low mileage and if this was common or a sure sign of a motor replacement.

OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I donā€™t believe you posted the current mileage anywhere in your initial post?
The extended powertrain warranty was added at 527 miles, its on the Oasis report. Was thrilled to see it!

OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
You were asking if the warranty was a real thing yet you knew it was transferableā€¦ ok

the ESP warranties are purchasable while the factory warranty is in place, but the ESP warranties take affect at the vehicles original in service date, not when you buy it or when your new car warranty runs out.

many people purchase these at time of purchase of the car new.
I asked if anyone had seen a 7 year 100k warranty added after the initial purchase and if that scenario was indicative of a motor replacement.

Either way, I'm super excited to be a part of the community again, last Cobra I owned was a 2004 and I loved it. It's pretty amazing to see the progression of Ford engineering going all the way back to my 93 Cobra.

Last edited:

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I asked if anyone had seen a 7 year 100k warranty added after the initial purchase and if that scenario was indicative of a motor replacement.
The OASIS report would tell you if a motor was replaced... So....

Sponsored
OP
OP

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
The OASIS report would tell you if a motor was replaced... So....
Unfortunately, I only had access to the warranty declarations page of the Oasis report.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Long tube headers typically have no cats. Cats or not, the positions of the O2 sensors fall within the factory variance and threshold of accepted AFR, it does not change or create any fuel condition that would cause a failure up top. Dealers can state that it does, but they don't expect you to lawyer up and come back with facts, and engineering information about tolerances and thresholds.

Warranties are regulated by the bureau of automotive repair. Every new car warranty has to be approved by them before calling it an actual warranty, otherwise, it must be called a replacement plan. When they are approved, they are approved within thresholds of technical data for every part of that vehicle. Basically, if a warranty claim is denied due to long tube headers, and the factory O2 sensors are still in use, and they were relocated by an approved shop, the only thing they are admitting to is that their sensors failed and they had no failsafe to dump into limp mode.

There is no getting around modifying a stock ECU, if you even have one flash that wasn't approved. you're out of luck.

Words of wisdom, try to avoid all of this, keep a stock exhaust handy, buy a motec, pull your stock ECU and set it aside, cover your tracks. I learned all this stuff the hard way.
So you bought a vehicle from a Ford dealer that has no cats? If so, that's an illegal sale as a dealer can not sell a vehicle legally without cats being against federal law.

So with that, I fail to see how Ford would have to honor any warranty of an illegal sale.

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
So you bought a vehicle from a Ford dealer that has no cats? If so, that's an illegal sale as a dealer can not sell a vehicle legally without cats being against federal law.

So with that, I fail to see how Ford would have to honor any warranty of an illegal sale.
I expect every state has slightly different laws but here in TX, it is illegal to sell a vehicle without the catalytic converters installed. Texas law prohibits any person from selling, offering for sale, leasing, or offering to lease any vehicle not equipped with all emission control systems or devices in good operable condition. Specifically, It is illegal in Texas to tamper with properly functioning catalytic converters and other pollution control equipment. Tampering means removing, disabling or otherwise rendering inoperable the pollution control devices installed on a motor vehicle. I personally don't care what people do but I would definitely keep the factory exhaust system in case the next person that buys the car knows the laws in their state and they live in a state like TX that has these types of laws.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Happens every day bud.
Flood Ford and others offer the Ford ESP at substantial discounts.
I knew this (from this forum) before I bought my car. Iā€™ve got 8400 miles on it now and shopping for the best Ford ESP price.
BTWā€¦. My original motor runs great.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I expect every state has slightly different laws but here in TX, it is illegal to sell a vehicle without the catalytic converters installed. Texas law prohibits any person from selling, offering for sale, leasing, or offering to lease any vehicle not equipped with all emission control systems or devices in good operable condition. Specifically, It is illegal in Texas to tamper with properly functioning catalytic converters and other pollution control equipment. Tampering means removing, disabling or otherwise rendering inoperable the pollution control devices installed on a motor vehicle. I personally don't care what people do but I would definitely keep the factory exhaust system in case the next person that buys the car knows the laws in their state and they live in a state like TX that has these types of laws.
It is illegal in every state because it is a Federal Law.
Sponsored