Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I assume there are no catalytic converters on these builds? If so then states with emissions testing would fail them, if it’s being tagged for road usage.
Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
I assume there are no catalytic converters on these builds? If so then states with emissions testing would fail them, if it’s being tagged for road usage.

Why would you assume?
They spell out that it's Motec Equipped and they show pics of the exhaust.
They aren't hiding anything, it's obviously an off-road only "legal" build. Or Overseas????

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Calm down, I was just asking. All I said was I don’t think it has them, in states that test emissions with connecting to the OBD2 port, like in DC, Va and MD, it’s probably going to fail, I don’t see how a Motec ECU works around that, but maybe it can. I mean before you write that check, and I’ve been considering it once I retire next year, mmmm it’d be good to know.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Calm down, I was just asking. All I said was I don’t think it has them, in states that test emissions with connecting to the OBD2 port, like in DC, Va and MD, it’s probably going to fail, I don’t see how a Motec ECU works around that, but maybe it can. I mean before you write that check, and I’ve been considering it once I retire next year, mmmm it’d be good to know.
I'm with you Robert, I've been considering also. Retirement that is, and the 800R upgrade as well. However, as with all of my toys or upgrades there will be no checks written....

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R

Thanks for having me CALM DOWN, I realize now how insanely charged my reply was.

Good to know people are out there watching my back.

Also I do know how a MOTEC works and there aint no OBDII port cause it aint for street or emissions use.

WAIT WAIT WAIT A MINUTE, I think I'm getting excited again. Let me meditate a while so I can compose myself.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
So then their package can’t be emissions passed in some states, was that tooooo hard to just say. The State OBD readers can’t talk to Motec even if the various pollutant levels were at standards and the ready cycles cleared. Not hard to say, I don’t think before you write a 30 to 60k check.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Drama aside, the question about emissions is a good one. It’s a beautiful setup, but if emissions can’t be adapted to it eliminates many of us.

Oh and on their website they do not say it’s only for closed course competition or off-road usage and that it’s not 50 state road legal, even though in some states that don’t test emissions…Florida and Texas or a few others that don’t test emissions, you can use it on their highways since the EPA doesn’t do spot road checks, yet. The EPA is going after these types of businesses anyhow, like the tuner that was selling aftermarket Honda tunes that racked up big fines.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
When the EPA deploys their mobile sniffers and testing vans, watch out. At some point they might use the VtoV or VtoX systems to interrogate cars while they drive by base stations to poke around your ECU. The technology is there to do it.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
VtoV and VtoX, whichever wins out, will be deployed and will have access to your ECU and adding in code to grab your tune and emission data is pretty simple to do. It’s going to be put all over the place as part of intelligent vehicle systems. Drive by a traffic light or road sign or something like that, and it’s going to read your data. Then link that to a database that has a lookup table for factory tunes. It’ll happen.

Sponsored

Tom Sanders

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
15 ,07, Mustang gt 65 Galaxie 500 , 97 F-150 12 E
VtoV and VtoX, whichever wins out, will be deployed and will have access to your ECU and adding in code to grab your tune and emission data is pretty simple to do. It’s going to be put all over the place as part of intelligent vehicle systems. Drive by a traffic light or road sign or something like that, and it’s going to read your data. Then link that to a database that has a lookup table for factory tunes. It’ll happen.
It's called O.B.D. 3
They already tried .
Luckily we still live in America.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Were you able to get the widebody from shelby without their entire kit including wheels etc?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well for us who lives in a emission test free state......its beautiful. Costly, but beautiful.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
GULP ! 830 HP GT350 twin turbo ! Glad I found this thread. Just have to find a nice GT350 now. Such a well built GT350. Sure has some good craftsmanship by Fat Fab.

OP
OP
Trevor@FatFab

Trevor@FatFab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo GT350
GULP ! 830 HP GT350 twin turbo ! Glad I found this thread. Just have to find a nice GT350 now. Such a well built GT350. Sure has some good craftsmanship by Fat Fab.
Thanks for the kind words! Let us know when you find a car!
Sponsored