Sponsored

$80k ADM Markup on 2020 GT500 LOL

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Are these still hot to trot? I thought the C8 was stealing a lot of the thunder ...

I would say there are MORE buyers in this pool , this generation because of the automatic. Those bean counters sure know how to move cars.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:

Sponsored

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
In Colombia, South Carolina we currently have a 2020 GT500 with the Carbon Fiber Track Pack going for near 200k as they are advertising it as the "first in this part of the southeast". That's not even including the 2 other bases and second CFTP we have coming in soon. (We have 3 Ford dealerships forming a triangle around Colombia) that will have significant ADM's.
Which dealer is this? I live in Lexington and was wondering if it's Jim Hudson Ford that always has huge ADM's on all of their "Specialty" vehicles......but then again so does classic ford. Although, right now you can get some good deals on Bullitt Mustangs which I think is due to how they originally had them a lot higher than sticker when they came out....serves them right really....

Thanks!!

ReliantG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
N/A
define 'better' ? This dealer is hoping someone thinks its $80k more exclusive I guess...
Better performance, better driving, better equipped, nicer interior, etc. Some objective metrics. The 80k exclusive is a subjective metric.

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Which dealer is this? I live in Lexington and was wondering if it's Jim Hudson Ford that always has huge ADM's on all of their "Specialty" vehicles......but then again so does classic ford. Although, right now you can get some good deals on Bullitt Mustangs which I think is due to how they originally had them a lot higher than sticker when they came out....serves them right really....

Thanks!!
Both Dick Smith Ford and Lugoff Ford have 2 GT500 a piece either already in or arriving in the next week or 2. I was at Dick Smith Yesterday and there CFTP GT500 hasn't arrived yet but Lugoff's should have by now.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I saw a hellcat redeye at a dealer here in CA that was marked up about the same amount. It slowly got cheaper until it was under MSRP. I believe the same thing will happen here. Dealers just hoping someone is stupid or rich enough to pay that much.

It's pretty clear that the dealer knows noone will buy it for that price and they're just keeping it as a showcase for awhile. Kinda frustrating to see a dealer mark the car up that much out of pure greed and a maximum price mentality, they're just looking for a big payday for themselves. What's the risk of them holding onto it for a long time? Ford needs to produce enough of these vehicles to meet demand.

Sponsored

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
and if we all quit paying these premiums the prices would be stupid low. even from an investor stand point you will never get that back and unless you have stupid money to cover being upside down most of the loan.......

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
and if we all quit paying these premiums the prices would be stupid low. even from an investor stand point you will never get that back and unless you have stupid money to cover being upside down most of the loan.......
That's never gonna happen.

"Gee, let's all band together and boycott these dealer markups"

That's naive and a foolish position to make.

There are people with money who dont care about whether you get one or not. Apparently Ford and the dealership system feel the same way or it would be a different story.

Edited to add:

What fool would buy one of these cars as an investment at a substantial dealer markup?

More jibberish.....

RecklessKelly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - L1105, 2016 F350 , 2015 Excursion Conversion
30K Markup on a very b
IMG_6495.JPG
ase model D/FW area week ago.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
with 20+% of your net worth just gone up in smoke, I think the marginal Shelby buyer just disappeared.
Sponsored