Sponsored

7th Generation Mustang (S650) Moved to 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Planet C6G.

There the Camaro is a supercar at least.
Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's great you guys all love the Mustang concepts with high beltlines and low roofs :)

Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
:crackup: just poking fun. I know it's standard art student car rendering process to have low roof / high beltline / big wheels

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
:crackup: just poking fun. I know it's standard art student car rendering process to have low roof / high beltline / big wheels
I think the 16-18 Camaro look pretty good with the high beltline. However, I found these “concept” art are always fucking ridiculous and will never look like it in production.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ford should do this for the S650 hot as !
e77cb603-4f75-4fef-969e-89107db50621-png.png

2c34bd41-9fc5-4fc6-91d0-23f46d77453f-png.png

Absolutely. They've been around a while and I can't recall where they came from (I don't think they're from Ford)......but they're stunning.

Yes, yes, yes, of course the proportions are exaggerated as it's concept art, but add in your own "production-car filter" and the overall design elements would still work fantastically. Also,if we're lucky enough that we still get Shelby models for S650, how cool would it be to have a Shelby-specific rear end?

Really hoping the first S650 mules are spotted soon, but I'm guessing first sightings won't be until Summer 2019 if the car is coming as a '22MY.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haz

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Could be a great way to help the next-gen Mustang get a better highway MPG rating to help keep it alive with a V8! The 7 speed manual seemed to work out great for the Corvette and 911.
I agree, I think a 7 speed manual will be a step forward. Should be short gears for one to six with a wide seventh gear

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

2c34bd41-9fc5-4fc6-91d0-23f46d77453f-png.png

Absolutely. They've been around a while and I can't recall where they came from (I don't think they're from Ford)......but they're stunning.

Yes, yes, yes, of course the proportions are exaggerated as it's concept art, but add in your own "production-car filter" and the overall design elements would still work fantastically. Also,if we're lucky enough that we still get Shelby models for S650, how cool would it be to have a Shelby-specific rear end?

Really hoping the first S650 mules are spotted soon, but I'm guessing first sightings won't be until Summer 2019 if the car is coming as a '22MY.
Considering we haven't even seen non-mule Broncos running around yet, I think it'll be a long while for the new Mustang. We still need to see Bronco with bulky camo, then with just the swirly wrap, and that's a 2020 model year vehicle. I believe hybrid Mustang is up first too before S650, so an S550 with electrical stuff will probably be spied before S650 too. If it's supposed to be revealed in 2021, I wouldn't expect to see sightings until early 2020 unless the development process is super drawn out like GT500 lol.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That's a fair point, Matt.......with the current state Ford seems to be in, who knows what's really coming and when?!?! :frown:

With regards the hybrid-Stang though.....I know Ford originally stated that was coming for 2020, but I think so much has changed in the interim that the hybrid will be pushed back to S650. It would seem crazy to engineer it for just one model year, or so, before the "all new" car is launched. It would make more sense (to me) to package it around the new architecture.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
That's a fair point, Matt.......with the current state Ford seems to be in, who knows what's really coming and when?!?! :frown:

With regards the hybrid-Stang though.....I know Ford originally stated that was coming for 2020, but I think so much has changed in the interim that the hybrid will be pushed back to S650. It would seem crazy to engineer it for just one model year, or so, before the "all new" car is launched. It would make more sense (to me) to package it around the new architecture.
This is a very interesting point. Will the hybrid come before or after S650 launch? On one hand, given that GT500 will be on S550, having the hybrid on S550 is possible and probably also helps the cost position of GT500 by providing more (though not a lot) volume on the S550 as the S650 rolls out. On the other hand, the S650 could be better optimized for packaging all the hybrid components. Thing is, if the hybrid is done off of S650, it more than likely will not be within the first year of S650, as alternative propulsion development, just like top performance development, tends to lag mainstream model development by a year or two.

I'm thinking the first hybrid comes off of S550 with as small of a battery pack as is possible, for minimal reduction of trunk space, then the replacement for that hybrid comes with S650 midcycle refresh in 3 or 4 years with a bigger battery with much better packaging. So for a couple years there would be a distinct visual difference between Mustang and Mustang Hybrid.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Considering we haven't even seen non-mule Broncos running around yet, I think it'll be a long while for the new Mustang. We still need to see Bronco with bulky camo, then with just the swirly wrap, and that's a 2020 model year vehicle. I believe hybrid Mustang is up first too before S650, so an S550 with electrical stuff will probably be spied before S650 too. If it's supposed to be revealed in 2021, I wouldn't expect to see sightings until early 2020 unless the development process is super drawn out like GT500 lol.
There might be broncos running around that we just don't know about. I mean, we usually see Mustangs a lot earlier on, but Mustang is also a more popular market when it comes to spy photos. A camo'd up SUV may just not catch the public eye like a loud camo'd up sports car does. Not to mention, they got the Ford GT nearly production ready without the public even knowing a GT was coming, so who knows. Although, I still don't see the bronco being released for 2020 like it was planned... I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere less than a year ago that the designers were STILL indecisive about how it was even going to look
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.