Sponsored

7th Generation Mustang (S650) Moved to 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
No jacking rails needed, and good for areas that flood, lol.
People just don't understand truly functional mods /s
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I don't get this Camaro/Mustang rivalry, they're both similar types of cars. I can understand not wanting the car to look like say an Audi TT but as long as Ford follows a muscle/pony car formula then i have no issue.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
OK, I'm assuming this isn't official, but someone has certainly gone to great lengths to produce these scale models. I found it on a FB page with no details other than "You saw it here. First. 5 years from now The Mustang. Yes or No"

Whilst its obvious there are two models here, its worth pointing out there are actually different......particularly around the front end (I prefer the one in the second image down, with the larger grille). Sadly, with the images being quite small and low-res, its difficult to make out the details.

After a bit of initial shock, I actually like these more than I thought I would, considering this is pushing the Mustang design forward a lot. My only concern would be the narrow DLO (Day Light Opening - or side windows to you and I!!) and lack of rear seat space. If this were a 2-seater, then no problem, but one of the things that has made (and continues to make) the Mustang a great sales success is its usability (decent-ish back seat & trunk room with good visibility)

S650 Concept 1.jpg
S650 Concept 2.jpg
S650 Concept 3.jpg
S650 Concept 4.jpg
S650 Concept 5.jpg
S650 Concept 6.jpg

That is not a product of the Ford Motor Company.

S650 will have softer lines like that Mazda Concept.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
S650 will have softer lines like that Mazda Concept.
Mazda are producing some stunning designs at the moment, and it's a tragedy the Vision concept won't see production. If S650 has a similar flavour, then bring it on! :like:

Sponsored

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
s650-concept-6-jpg.jpg

Interesting - I like this

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
The problem with that fanciful rendering, like so many of its ilk, is that while it looks "cool" on paper it would likely suck like a Camaro as it would have abysmal outward visibility (if I had to guess).

Reactions: Why

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
And just what school might that be, pray tell?
From his previous post:
These are the design project done by my fellow classmates for last semester class at Art Center College of Design. It’s not official. Please taken them off, or as least give credit to the designers who made them.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
From his previous post:
These are the design project done by my fellow classmates for last semester class at Art Center College of Design. It’s not official. Please taken them off, or as least give credit to the designers who made them.
Difficult to give credit when they were initially spotted on a random Facebook Page (without credits). However, if we can get a name and some background we can update and give credit where its due :like:

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Difficult to give credit when they were initially spotted on a random Facebook Page (without credits). However, if we can get a name and some background we can update and give credit where its due :like:
I'm sorry, I hope I didn't give the impression that I was addressing the credit issue - someone asked which school, so I tried to answer the question, that was all.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'll take the paint job. Looks like a Corvette/Camaro. I want the Mustang to be sized a little smaller (and thus much lighter) - something in-between an FRS and the current size. Keep the V8, if possible. Certainly the TT V6 EB. That or bring back the Ford Probe and make it f'ing awesome.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm sorry, I hope I didn't give the impression that I was addressing the credit issue - someone asked which school, so I tried to answer the question, that was all.
Not at all :)

That's the problem with the internet.......once something is "out there", like these images where, it is out of control to a degree.

That being said, these scale models have actually been better received than I thought they might (as with every new generation, Mustang owners tend to take a while to like any changes).....so I think he'd clearly done well in that it seems to be 50/50 in terms of like/dislike.

I'd be interested to know the influences behind the designs though :)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I want the Mustang to be sized a little smaller (and thus much lighter) - something in-between an FRS and the current size. Keep the V8, if possible. Certainly the TT V6 EB. That or bring back the Ford Probe and make it f'ing awesome.
Smaller and lighter would be good but Mustang needs to stay a four seat sports coupe even if its now just marginally a four seater. Anything else is not a Mustang.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.