Sponsored

7th Generation Mustang (S650) Moved to 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
The other part I wonder then if they're going to do a "proper" 4 door Mustang is if that will free them to make the 2 door a 2 seater coupe instead of 2+2 and then anyone that needs the 4 seats can buy the 4 door. Might upset some people, but I think they could do a lot better on the performance side of things by focusing on it and reducing size/weight like that.
Ford is looking to minimize its R&D. Unifying platforms, minimizing models. This makes sense. They cut down on the # of cars like Fusion, Taurus, etc... but then next generation they're going to leverage the Mustang name with a 4-door car to replace something like the Taurus. Built on a modular frame that can do 4-wheel drive, a few other tricks, double as a Police Cruiser, hybrid super acceleration, etc..

Similar to Cadillacs and Camaros being built on the same alpha frame. But I believe with a whole lot more flexibility.

I just hope they really focus on lightening the car, like GM did last generation.

Lightening the car helps EVERYTHING. Improves handling (tires & shocks work better with less weight), MPG/efficiency, acceleration, braking, etc... BASICALLY EVERYTHING!

Also work on balancing the car a little bit, need it to be closer to 50/50. Either focus the lightweight components on the front of the car or shift some weight to the back.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I liked this publication so much that I also wanted to do a few. I leave my proposal
mustang_f__vision_2022_by_jhonconnor-dcqbd0d.jpg
I like that profile a lot! Not sure about the front from that angle, and the enormous wheels, but I really like the overall profile shape.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I liked this publication so much that I also wanted to do a few. I leave my proposal
mustang_f__vision_2022_by_jhonconnor-dcqbd0d.jpg
That looks a lot better than the ones you posted in the GT500 thread! Might be a little short overall for a 2+2, but I like what you've done for the side with the louvers and everything, looks great without being too over the top (imo at least).

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
I like the energy in this forum. It is educating, interesting, and good. This is a busy time of year
for me I am on two college boards, all unpaid, and I do some lecturing on an engineering field
I have experience with. Have not been here for a couple of weeks. Been traveling, all by car, in my Mustang. What a great car. Clothes for a week, computer cases, hats, lawn chair for tailgate, small cooler. The trunk takes it all room to spare. Hat coat and camera bag in the back seat. Strapped in and in motion the car handles feels and responds like a porsche or vette. I did this travel previously in a Crown Vic. Keep Mustangs "mustang." The 2 + 2 with a usable trunk configuration IMO is still a winner. Some of the far-out futuristic designs shown here and talk of a four door stray from what the Mustang is. I could not do this travel with the same payload in a porsche, vette, or C6G. In select dry rural daylight open road I have done more 90+ than I should. Never had that fun in a Crown Vic. People always see what you drive. Everyone else is in a 4 door SUV. They stare at that stang and turn away. Their ride is boring my ride soaring. Keep Mustang Mustang. It is an original. I am OK with new power tek, but, not if adds $20k to the sticker.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
A new S650 render......whilst something this extrovert would never make production, there are some aspect I really like!
S650 render 1.jpg

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Looks a little 6th Gen Camaro....BUT

Not bad honestly. I can see many aspects of that being production possible.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
A more believable one would hint to the future. The future means no scoops or grills. Less downforce so nix those expensive fender vents as the front can go low due to no engine. Design is changing in big ways!

The mid-engine Vette design would point to electrification of that car in the future as the long bonnet for the engine will be no more...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I agree with the Camaro comment, at least on the front end looking somewhat like the '19 refresh.

I think the rear end is very successful though. I love the extreme fastback design and the "built in" rear spoiler. The trunk is so short I could almost see this as a hatch/liftback with the rear glass lifting to reveal the "trunk".

I do love the wide body look though.....very voluptuous!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A more believable one would hint to the future. The future means no scoops or grills. Less downforce so nix those expensive fender vents as the front can go low due to no engine. Design is changing in big ways!

The mid-engine Vette design would point to electrification of that car in the future as the long bonnet for the engine will be no more...
I'm hoping for a less dystopian future.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Battery cars with decent performance are quite expensive at the moment. This EV Mustang might be a bit cheaper than the expensive Jags and Teslas. But whilst we are waiting you might as well have a decent V8. The Reaper might well have his eye on you.
Sounds like the start to a commercial. "Outrun that Reaper with a new 5.0 Mustang!"

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Battery cars with decent performance are quite expensive at the moment. This EV Mustang might be a bit cheaper than the expensive Jags and Teslas. But whilst we are waiting you might as well have a decent V8. The Reaper might well have his eye on you.

Been there done that as every car before this V6 was a V8 including two 5.0 V8 Mustangs. Been there and done that.

As for the grim reaper. That happened last spring when they were checking a lump for cancer. If positive I was going to buy this Z06 Corvette:

Corvette_Z06_2018.jpg

I would buy it immediately as if you get surgery or chemo you can’t enjoy this car. I hate the idea of being put into your dream car like a baby because you can’t get in yourself. I have seen sickly old farts in exotic cars and understand what is going on there. It turned out benign so back to the V6 and a Stingray if it’s a Vette and the Mustang EV if it is truly faster than any before it. That is the plan now...

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
That black 'vette looks amazing.
I used the high lite tool in photoshop for detail but it looks good. 128,000CAN and I can buy it outright it if I want. I helped this guy buy an orange Grand Sport on Saturday so I’m primed. But with a loaded Mustang only 4 grand shy of a base Stingray I have to go with the Vette. BTW: That guy on Saturday already has a Vette but the big issue was if his real estate agent sign would fit in back- I’m not kidding! Such is life.

The Mustang EV is interesting and a fresh take on a familiar car. Looking forward to that car! :rockon:

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
That black 'vette looks amazing.

Well, yes, it is amazing. We mostly talk camaro v mustang here. Is the black vette not a point that the futuristic mustang designs in this forum are trending toward? I think vette has a stronger badge identity in the market than camaro. The C6G has some line blurring with it’s chevy older sibling, the corvette. Let’s note that C6G is a sales disappointment for Chevy. My point is, corvettes (and anything trending toward the vette) is a smaller market segment than the 2+2 fastback with usable trunk. Keep Mustangs mustang.

The Mustang is so sales and badge successful that people just can’t layoff trying to morph it into something else, assuming that will not affect the identity and sales success. It will. Mustang got where it is being mustang. If you want a vette or a porsche buy one and drive safe. Keep mustangs mustang. If you redesign mustang trending exotic, the market share decreases, the price increases, and the badge identity is lost.

Get your head out of the trunk. Mustang is a favorite car of all time for many. It is for me. I don’t want a Vette, C6G, Porsche, BMW, Audi, or Lexus. I want a Ford Mustang. IMO everything else sucks, mainly because all the cars I don’t want are far more costly than Mustang and have very poor fun/$ and HP/$ ratios compared to Mustang. On total cost of ownership Mustang is the envy of the performance market. Stop screwing with the winner and get on the road.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.