Sponsored

7th Generation Mustang (S650) Moved to 2022...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Lexus also has a normally aspirated 5 litre V8 and a 10-speed auto gearbox. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)
If it were offered in a manual and cost about $25k less, I'd possibly have one in my garage

Edit: also, if it weighed about 500lbs or so less... 4300 lbs is absurd!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Personally, assuming we're not actually waiting 5 years for S650 (after all, current rumour is it'll be a '22MY in 2021) then I'd rather they just adapt the S550 look.

Haven't posted this red render in while ;)

The DLO is similar, but slightly tweaked and the roof has a slightly more fastback rake. I especially like the return of the "hockey stick" on the side....the S197 had a mild version of this which was, of course, a nod to the '65-'68. The exaggerated rear hips hint at even more muscle.

:sunglasses:
S650 comparison 1.jpg
S650 comparison 2.jpg
Thanks for reposting this Twin Turbo.
This rendering has always been my favorite design style for the S650...lean, muscular and without a doubt...a Mustang.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Thanks for reposting this Twin Turbo.
This rendering has always been my favorite design style for the S650...lean, muscular and without a doubt...a Mustang.
Looks Corvette-esque

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Looks Corvette-esque
I agree. Mostly the super low hood and roof look somewhat like a Corvette to me. But in a great way. I'd love to see the Mustang get lower and smaller than it is now. With looks like that it would probably lose a couple hundred pounds.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Will the next Mustang be aluminum?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If it were offered in a manual and cost about $25k less, I'd possibly have one in my garage

Edit: also, if it weighed about 500lbs or so less... 4300 lbs is absurd!
It sounds like a lot on paper but it hides it's weight well in corners. In reality (at least to me) it did feel about 500 lbs lighter than the curb weight. If I had 100k to spend on a second fun car, it'd be a tough decision between the LC and a Jag F-Type R.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like a lot on paper but it hides it's weight well in corners. In reality (at least to me) it did feel about 500 lbs lighter than the curb weight. If I had 100k to spend on a second fun car, it'd be a tough decision between the LC and a Jag F-Type R.
If I had that kind of money to spend on yet another fun car, I'd be in a used Ferrari lol. LC and the Jag are beautiful cars with incredible engines, but both have somewhat underwhelming performance

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I see a lot of Ford GT in there
gt.jpg
I was thinking this too... Imagine if the next gen mustang got flying buttresses! lol

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I'm assuming this isn't official, but someone has certainly gone to great lengths to produce these scale models. I found it on a FB page with no details other than "You saw it here. First. 5 years from now The Mustang. Yes or No"

Whilst its obvious there are two models here, its worth pointing out there are actually different......particularly around the front end (I prefer the one in the second image down, with the larger grille). Sadly, with the images being quite small and low-res, its difficult to make out the details.

After a bit of initial shock, I actually like these more than I thought I would, considering this is pushing the Mustang design forward a lot. My only concern would be the narrow DLO (Day Light Opening - or side windows to you and I!!) and lack of rear seat space. If this were a 2-seater, then no problem, but one of the things that has made (and continues to make) the Mustang a great sales success is its usability (decent-ish back seat & trunk room with good visibility)

S650 Concept 1.jpg
S650 Concept 2.jpg
S650 Concept 3.jpg
S650 Concept 4.jpg
S650 Concept 5.jpg
S650 Concept 6.jpg
These are the design project done by my fellow classmates for last semester class at Art Center College of Design. It’s not official. Please taken them off, or as least give credit to the designers who made them.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Why does all automotive concept art have to look like this? Superhigh beltline, slit windows, fat rear, unrealisticly tiny fender gaps. In most cases that gets toned down significantly before production, but when it doesn't (Camaro) the car is worse for it. The Ford GT has bigger side windows. Camaro guys will be making fun of Mustang guys for the slit windows.:thumbsdown:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why does all automotive concept art have to look like this? Superhigh beltline, slit windows, fat rear, unrealisticly tiny fender gaps. In most cases that gets toned down significantly before production, but when it doesn't (Camaro) the car is worse for it. The Ford GT has bigger side windows. Camaro guys will be making fun of Mustang guys for the slit windows.:thumbsdown:
Concepts like these are intentionally exaggerated to put emphasis on the design language and specifically show what design cues they'd like to have on the production model

Status
Not open for further replies.