Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well...glad I have a Mach 1. This is the CEO's poster car?! In the team's defense, a loss was probably the only possibility here. S550 was a great design...2018 refresh was divisive on the front end but GT500 and Mach 1 fixed that on the higher models. They couldn't deviate too far from S550...nor would I want them too. The budget probably went like this: no engine/trans change; change the front end because we need to do something; the interior gets the majority of funding but find efficiencies with Bronco. And the result is a boxy mess. Maybe they got the weight down?
If they get a couple hundred pounds out of the car without making it a mess in some other way, it would be very appealing to me.

Probably the halo version Boss 429 or Cobra something or whatever Ford decides to do next - the halo will look good. It will be really hard to lay your hands on and will cost a LOT, but it will look good.

Its all part of the plan to get us to go electric-

They purposely made it ugly so then they can tout how the electric Mach E outsells the gas one -
They know we are a hard crowd to convert to electric so the only way to make us convert is to make the gas one so incredibly horrible looking we dont want it and then the Mustang fan boys start looking at the Mach E GT and say well....maybe

It looks like a Toyota Tacoma raped a Mustang- my old 19GT nor my current 350 look no where near this horrible when looking at from same angle

Ford has been woke recently- so maybe we are racist if we dont accept because this model more inclusive to people who like trucks too?

So many theories!!
There are a lot of other options I would go for before I'd buy electric. I mean - I like Fords and I've owned a ton of them, but I'm not THAT brand loyal. My wife still gives me crap about my Toyota, but I really like it. Since Ford decided to stop making cars, it's not like they even are trying to compete.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If this is really close to what it’s going to look like, the Gen 2 S550 is going to be worth much more than it was. :)

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
did the same thing i ordered my 2022 gt premium 401a with the gt performance pack in manual…. mischievous purple with red interior!! i was afraid of the new design man and im really happy man!
Nice!! You’ll have to post pictures for sure! Mischievous purple was definitely my second choice as that’s such a rare color to see on cars. Love the choice to combine it with the red interior!

An7h0ny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp1
"You cannot be serious" with that front, surely it is is disinformation. As an owner of a 2017, I am truly happy--resale will improve if these images are for real.
I'm not selling my 2017 I love the short ratio manual transmission in my PP1.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Latest update from @chazcron

This is 20 hours in. Its mostly 3D rendered, but I photoshopped headlights and grilles and minor touchups.. From the windshield back, I used my 2015 Stang model, so don't go looking for side scoops or any other updates.

The gif is an overlay of the 3D model at the angle of the leaked pic that I decamo-ed and cleaned up. Things line up for the most part.

I don't have my Mustang wheel model anymore, so I had to go with what I have. I know it is practically sacrilege, but those are my 2020 Corvette wheels.

I hope y'all find this angle more appealing.
greym7g_overlay-gif.gif

s655_gr_starter-jpg.jpg

s655_bl_starter-jpg.jpg

s655_rd_starter-jpg.jpg

s655_wh_starter-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
And further edited by @Ace to give the S650 mods.

chazcron_tuned-jpg.jpg

chazcron_tuned_orange-jpg.jpg

chazcron_tuned_blue-jpg.jpg

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
A bit of a Knight Rider KITT feel to that hood for those of us who remember the 80s. Fantastic work on the render, I wish Ford had put that much effort into the design. I’ll keep my 2022 Mach 1 thank you.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I'll refrain from making comments about how it looks to when I see the official reveal in September. I feel that other than when the S197 was introduced back in 2004, any subsequent new model/refresh were not well received. I myself did not like the S550 when it first came out; I vividly remember going to the Autoshow in Toronto in 2015 looking for the new Mustang wondering where it was, and turns out I was standing right in front of it. Personally, I prefer boxier looking cars, so S650 might entice me to sell my '21 but time will tell

Sponsored

williada.williams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT
Hope that’s not it . It’s lost it’s aggressive look and now wears a suit.
Dunno if it’s just me, but musclecars should have a street fighter look ?
I think it still has an aggressive look and at the same time you still know that its a Mustang. Does everything have to be aggressive?

williada.williams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT
7th Gen Mustang S650 Previews by Chazcron! (@ Mustang7G.com)

Latest update from @chazcron

greym7g_overlay-gif-gif.gif

s655_gr_starter-jpg-jpg.jpg

s655_bl_starter-jpg-jpg.jpg

s655_rd_starter-jpg-jpg.jpg

s655_wh_starter-jpg-jpg.jpg

And further edited by @Ace to give the S650 some mods.

chazcron_tuned-jpg-jpg.jpg

chazcron_tuned_orange-jpg-jpg.jpg

chazcron_tuned_blue-jpg-jpg.jpg
I hate it when guys or girls, who claim to be Mustang loyalist, trash every new version of the Mustang that comes out. We have to remember, this is just a close rendering of someone who is trying to give us a early idea of what we can expect from the next generation of the Mustang. Thank you very much Chazcron for getting our palate ready.
Let's go back a few years when the 2017 model changed in 2018. Many people were trashing that refresh, saying that it looked like Darth Vader or some other horrible mock up. Now, a lot of those same individuals refuse to admit that the 2018 - 2021 model is a solid platform, looks good, and is a proven boost lover. Yes, there was a issue with the "tick", cylinder head sleeves, the buy back fiascos......whatever. That aside, where are we today? Every car that is manufactured will have its share of problems, whether its a luxury brand or common brand, foreign or domestic. I personally own a 2018 that I bought brand new and I haven't had one single problem to this day. Am I fortunate, lucky, or just take good care of my car, who knows. While I don't believe in luck, I do believe that it starts with how you treat your car. It's my daily driver and I enjoy this car every time I push the start button.
As the saying goes, its easy to criticize when you are the one looking in, but step inside and try to give commendation and appreciate. Stop and think what the Mustang has offered over the years. Could it be that a lot of the hate on the Mustang is coming from the younger generation who don't know what it took to get to this new platform? I don't know, but I always say that you have to understand what was, in order to appreciate what is. If you have ever owned a pager, if you know what that is, how much more do you appreciate owning a smartphone today?
Think about this, not once has the Mustang went out of production, nor has Ford dumped too much horsepower in a Mustang, rendering it unsafe or unusable. Rather, Mustangs has been give incrementally gains in horsepower, which is far cry from its previous versions. Most importantly, it has maintained being a fun to drive car, stylish, has up to date modern technology, enough power to satisfy the masses, and to this day, it still has the most aftermarket part available.
To you who say that you are Mustang fans, appreciate the Mustang for what it is, not for what you want it to be.

Love the Mustang

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have a feeling they’re going into a more… luxury car direction?
I’m pretty sure it won’t be classed as a luxury vehicle for 3 reasons:
1. It’s built by ford and ford don’t do luxury since they sold Jaguar off.
2. It’s built by ford and they don’t have the factories or workforce required to build a luxury vehicle. It would require huge expense to build a new facility with a modern production line with accurate torque wrench robots and a spray booth containing no remnants of the workers sandwiches.
3. It’s built by ford so every component will be scrutinised by accountants and anything not strictly required for forward motion will be left off, even if the designers have the cheek to put luxury features into the design. E.g the correct number of cam cover bolts to prevent oil leaks.

I am supremely confident that it will be built down to minimum unit cost, using the cheapest materials by untrained workers on minimum pay just like the current one.

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
People will grow to love it. They always do.
The new BMW 4-series beaver-mobile disagrees with you. After all, the front grill clearly ripped-off and appropriate beaver culture in a really offensive way. Plus, BMW picked an animal that chops down trees! They are clearly insensitive to the feelings of trees...and beavers...clearly we should burn down the forests and kill all the beavers. That way, no feelings are hurt, and then nothing will grow on anyone and offend them.

Last edited: