Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I'm interested to see what it looks like. I'm kind of getting the feeling that it's not going to be a huge improvement over the S550 on the interior end — likely just a tech update with the same quality materials as current-gen.

Is it bad that I'm hoping it's not a huge improvement so I feel better about keeping the Mach 1 I'm in the process of buying? 😅
As a fellow Mach owner, I’m planning on holding on to my car till they announce the curtain call for the manual V8, and probably trading in for that. I’m sure it’ll be the ‘Shelby Boss Mach 500 SVT’ and they’ll hype the shit out of it. But that will be the car I trade in for, assuming I have the cash. I figure that’s ~4 years down the line
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm just not that excited for this. From what I've seen, it's just an S550 with a body kit. There aren't enough new changes.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
i was under the impression that the "leaks" were just a refresh.
to me an updated front and rear doesnt justify Gen7, from what i have seen most of the major changes have been designated as the "gen" models...so...
if the leaks are truly the next G7, then ill pass on the mustang explorer

give us the Gilardi (sp) mustang from several years ago, then we can start talking....

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
As a fellow Mach owner, I’m planning on holding on to my car till they announce the curtain call for the manual V8, and probably trading in for that. I’m sure it’ll be the ‘Shelby Boss Mach 500 SVT’ and they’ll hype the shit out of it. But that will be the car I trade in for, assuming I have the cash. I figure that’s ~4 years down the line
Yeah I figure it's prob best to wait until the inevitable mid-cycle refresh when they do more worthwhile stuff to it.

The difference between 2015s and 2018s+ is much more notable than people give it credit for between the tech and engine feel imo, and I imagine the S650 will be similar in that

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Always exciting to see a new release, even though it's more so a refresh.

However, after bailing on buying a GT500, I've come to the realization that my '15 may very well be the last Mustang I buy new. Every passing year brings more weight, complexity, tech I'll never want or use, and expense. Meh.
Why didn't you like the GT500?

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
There is a decent chance we won't really see the end of the line coming very clearly for the NA V8 or the manual... Though I'm sure there will be signs (obviously the writing is already on the wall). For example, I remember a lot of people were caught off guard when the C8 was officially announced with no manual option. And IIRC, it was pretty close to when they weren't taking more orders for the C7.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Why didn't you like the GT500?
I was unable to find one without an ADM. Never paid one, never will. It was the only car for which I was willing to pay MSRP, for that matter.

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
It's awesome they've announced a seventh generation and even better confirmed they will offer a manual.
With it riding on the CD6 platform I wonder if this is the generation that pushes into more body styles, fully embracing Mustang as a brand. I'm only interested in seeing what the two door car looks like though.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
It's awesome they've announced a seventh generation and even better confirmed they will offer a manual.
With it riding on the CD6 platform I wonder if this is the generation that pushes into more body styles, fully embracing Mustang as a brand. I'm only interested in seeing what the two door car looks like though.
It's not riding on the CD6 platform. It's an updated S550 chassis.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I’m sure it’ll be the ‘Limited Shelby Boss GT Mach 500 SVT Dark Pony Edition’ and they’ll hype the shit out of it.
Fixed that for you. It'll include a special pony emblem on your cup holder.

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
There is a decent chance we won't really see the end of the line coming very clearly for the NA V8 or the manual... Though I'm sure there will be signs (obviously the writing is already on the wall). For example, I remember a lot of people were caught off guard when the C8 was officially announced with no manual option. And IIRC, it was pretty close to when they weren't taking many more ordered for the C7.
Chevy is a rank amateur compared to Ford when it comes to milking nostalgia. It’s possible it’ll be subtle but I would be very surprised

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I am a Mustang guy through and through, but I have to admit, this frontend from what I have seen is a major step in the wrong direction compared to the S550. Really not impressed. Hopefully when it is truly revealed it will look better in person, but there is no way in heck I would trade mine for what these renders and leaked photos show.
Sponsored