Sponsored

7m Americans 90 days late on car payments...

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I have my Title...................:like:
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Ha, that guy!! "Get something on my level and then we'll race" guy, I presume.
Cant say he wasn’t offered a chance to live up to all of his big talk? Dude never fails to disappoint.:giggle:

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Not surprising at all. I know one internet legend who brags about having a hell cat and a ZL1. And the amount of vacations he takes a year. Meanwhile he’s living in an apartment.:facepalm: I just laugh. While my house and Mustang are both paid off.:like:
Not sure who this guy is but whats wrong with living in an apartment? Aside from not having a private driveway.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Not sure who this guy is but whats wrong with living in an apartment? Aside from not having a private driveway.
Let me guess you live in an apartment? And your feelings are now hurt? Because I mentioned apartments? The entire thread is about bad financial decisions. Think about why it would be a bad idea to finance. Two relatively expensive sports cars. Instead of a home. That was the point. Not that there is anything wrong with apartments.:facepalm:But try to keep in mind as you ponder this question. Cars rarely go up in value. While homes rarely go down in value.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I lived in apartments for years while in college and for a few years after college. Need I list the ways apartments aren't ideal? People living above and below you (noise: vacuums, footsteps, music, TVs, instruments, and other things). Sharing multiple walls. Noise. No private parking (many don't have assigned parking), stairs to get to your dwelling (I lived on 3rd level - there's pros and cons to the 3rd level), throwing away money paying rent, no garage (some have them for extra $), small-ish sq ft compared to most houses, noise restrictions (need to worry about bothering neighbors), relative lack of privacy compared to a fenced yard, having a land lord. And those are just off the top of my head...

Now, I realize not everyone has the means to buy a house, but, you asked, so that's my response!

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Fek, indeed. And they're all over on the road.

There's a loaded, new Ranger 4-door at the local Ford emporium that I bought my Mustang from, sticker of $46K. I thought they were supposed to be the "affordable" truck. Oh wait, they are, considering a roughly equivalent F150 will run ~$60K. How silly of me.
Seriously the same truck now that I bought brand new in 2010 would run me $60k. I paid $42k for my 2010 FX4. Before I got the Mustang (I still have my truck - it’s my DD and I just hit 100k miles) I walked the lot and was curious about the stickers on the Fx4’s...saw 60k and about shit myself.

Some of the Expeditions are going for 80! That’s nuts. But they’re selling like crazy so the amount of people with $900-1000 car payments is high.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Let me guess you live in an apartment? And your feelings are now hurt? Because I mentioned apartments? The entire thread is about bad financial decisions. Think about why it would be a bad idea to finance. Two relatively expensive sports cars. Instead of a home. That was the point. Not that there is anything wrong with apartments.:facepalm:But try to keep in mind as you ponder this question. Cars rarely go up in value. While homes rarely go down in value.
My feelings are fine. Priorities is a funny word because it means different things to different people. Beyond things like food and shelter they start to get subjective. I collect baseball memorable. Some people, including some family members, think its absolutely nuts to spend $2000 on some guys dirty laundry. These same people have no issue spending a few thousand dollars on a weeks vacation though, while if I ever need to I could sell those jerseys, balls, bats, etc, sometimes for even more than I paid for them.

There are many pros and cons to renting and owning. Some people ↑ hate the idea of living in an apartment regardless of cost, and I get that. My uncle is one of those people so he bought a house in Stewartsville in 2006 for about $450,000, its now worth about $250,000. Owning a home can certainly be a good financial decision depending on where you are in life and your current and future needs. I dont really have a preference but based on your assertion I will say this. Pipe burst, roof is leaking, hot water heater goes, something else breaks, not my problem. I have 24/7 security and maintenance, and I dont have to concern myself with the garbage, as well as a list of other amenities. Another big advantage is the fact if I get a job on the other side of the country, or need to or want to move for any number of reasons, I can just pack my stuff and go. My point is you are projecting your priorities on to the other person if you think someone who drives a 25 year old Toyota so they can live in a really nice house is more responsible then someone who wants to live in a one bedroom apartment so they can drive a really nice car. Without knowing anything about their situation beyond that.

Last edited:

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
I lived in apartments for years while in college and for a few years after college. Need I list the ways apartments aren't ideal? People living above and below you (noise: vacuums, footsteps, music, TVs, instruments, and other things). Sharing multiple walls. Noise. No private parking (many don't have assigned parking), stairs to get to your dwelling (I lived on 3rd level - there's pros and cons to the 3rd level), throwing away money paying rent, no garage (some have them for extra $), small-ish sq ft compared to most houses, noise restrictions (need to worry about bothering neighbors), relative lack of privacy compared to a fenced yard, having a land lord. And those are just off the top of my head...

Now, I realize not everyone has the means to buy a house, but, you asked, so that's my response!
I know it is a requirement on internet forums to take a side and fight to the death, but my point is I dont have a side (read my last post), I dont really care where you live. I will even say most of what you said could be true, but those are things you dont like. They are not concerns for other people. I live in Queens where it is fairly quiet and I have a nice size three bedroom apartment (rent controlled :rockon:). The walls are thick concert (fire proof) so I dont have any issues with noise. There are wooded areas, parks, baseball fields and a lake. Unless I could afford to live in a really nice building I dont think I would want to move to say Manhattan, but still hundreds of thousands of people will pay double, triple or even more to live somewhere barely bigger than one of my bedrooms because it is Manhattan, or LIC, or Brooklyn and so on. And that's nothing compared to buying even a small apartment there never mind a "house".

Welcome to apartmentliving6g.com :giggle:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
My feelings are fine. Priorities is a funny word because it means different things to different people. Beyond things like food and shelter they start to get subjective. I collect baseball memorable. Some people, including some family members, think its absolutely nuts to spend $2000 on some guys dirty laundry. These same people have no issue spending a few thousand dollars on a weeks vacation though, while if I ever need to I could sell those jerseys, balls, bats, etc, sometimes for even more than I paid for them.

There are many pros and cons to renting and owning. Some people ↑ hate the idea of living in an apartment regardless of cost, and I get that. My uncle is one of those people so he bought a house in Stewartsville in 2006 for about $450,000, its now worth about $250,000. Owning a home can certainly be a good financial decision depending on where you are in life and your current and future needs. I dont really have a preference but based on your assertion I will say this. Pipe burst, roof is leaking, hot water heater goes, something else breaks, not my problem. I have 24/7 security and maintenance, and I dont have to concern myself with the garbage, as well as a list of other amenities. Another big advantage is the fact if I get a job on the other side of the country, or need to or want to move for any number of reasons, I can just pack my stuff and go. My point is you are projecting your priorities on to the other person if you think someone who drives a 25 year old Toyota so they can live in a really nice house is more responsible then someone who wants to live in a one bedroom apartment so they can drive a really nice car. Without knowing anything about their situation beyond that.
You don’t get it! You want this to be about you so badly! And I don’t care about you. Or your apartment. Or who collects your garbage. Or your baseball cards. I’m not talking about priorities. I’m talking about the difference between good and bad financial decisions. The people that are 3 months behind on their car payments. Obviously have other priorities! Than making a payment on a car. They purchased in good faith. And agreed to repay a loan on. Right? Homeless people have other priorities. That doesn’t make the decision to live on the street a wise one! Understand? Making bad financial decisions is STUPID. Spending all of your money on frivolous things is STUPID! Your priorities are what dictates if you spend your money wisely or foolishly! Now the point was. That a car will be worth 50-75% less than its purchase price. In as little as 5 years. EVEN REALLY NICE CARS! And a home will most likely maintain or increase in value. In that same time period. If you can’t acknowledge that one choice makes more financial sense. Than the other. I’m going to have to put you on ignore. For being willingly dense.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Well that took a left turn. And they say you can't have a rational discussion on a forum. :crazy:

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Ford builds affordable cars for the average worker, that is the heart and soul of Ford. The fact that we are on a Ford forum shows some form of financial accountability.

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Why do people generally make poor financial decisions? You see it all the time on these forums. My dick is bigger than yours (my car is faster) syndrome is most of it. Trying to be cool and get attention (insecurity) drives most peoples M.O. I would also say 70-80% of most of these builds are either totaled, blown up, or parted out and sold with 2-3 years. Newer cars that are modded are definitely not sound investments.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well that took a left turn. And they say you can't have a rational discussion on a forum. :crazy:
I think he wants a date with you but can't figure out the right way to ask :lipssealed:

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I don't think he would date Game1190 until he buys a house....
Yes, that is a hurdle. He just needs to get over that. Its obvious his underlying feelings will give him the push he needs.
Sponsored