19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
If I was one of the lucky ones to be on the list to spec one, I’d go manual too. Since I’m not, I’ll take what I can get when the time comes. Glad to hear more manuals will be available when they go to the used market!

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
70% of drivers are having more fun.
After driving many manual cars in my lifetime, including several Mustangs...I can't say I miss going with an automatic or "not having as much fun".

If this was 2004 and I was driving a 4R70W I'd agree. In 2020 with the 10R80 not so much, and that transmission is not even on the same planet as the 911s PDK. I betcha those guys are having a blast even with the auto.

Sponsored

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
After driving many manual cars in my lifetime, including several Mustangs...I can't say I miss going with an automatic or "not having as much fun".

If this was 2004 and I was driving a 4R70W I'd agree. In 2020 with the 10R80 not so much, and that transmission is not even on the same planet as the 911s PDK. I betcha those guys are having a blast even with the auto.
I fully admit I have never driven a 911, auto or manual. Indeed, I bet they’re great fun either way.

I drove a rental EB A10 vert on the Big Island in Feb, 2019, for two weeks. It was a blast and is the reason I bought my Mustang.

I just decided, after driving a manual S550, that’s the way I wanted to go.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

BlownVooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

Even a great trans like the pdk isn't as fast as a sequential. I don't mean to start a manual vs auto argument but just sayin, if the speed of the trans is the dominating factor in not being "slower" then wouldn't it make sense to focus on that and get a sequential? Idk how you measure the fun factor on an individual level but obviously 70% of GT3 drivers care more about being connected to their car and enjoying the drive overall than just being faster with an auto.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I don't mean to start a manual vs auto argument but just sayin, if the speed of the trans is the dominating factor in not being "slower" then wouldn't it make sense to focus on that and get a sequential?
How many road cars that you know of have a true sequential with a pneumatic shifter?

I would love a sequential, unfortunately I have not been able to find a car with one of those.

BlownVooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
How many road cars that you know of have a true sequential with a pneumatic shifter?

I would love a sequential, unfortunately I have not been able to find a car with one of those.
Granted, no factory road cars that I know of that's for sure. But I was just making the point that if driving a manual trans makes you slower then driving a pdk/auto makes you slower compared to a sequential I guess. I have seen a few builds with ppg's and one with a sadev trans. Oddly enough I think I'd have more fun with a sequential than a manual lol.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I belonged to a couple of Porsche clubs and there were always a good number of GT models at every meet. Most are garage queens. They get taken out to show 3 or 4 times in the summer and maybe drive 20 miles through high-end suburbs. The two clubs met at a country club and a high-end restaurant. Most of these GT owners are pretty decent guys and don't mind talking to a lowly somebody with a 997.2 Carrera S cabriolet. One had just sold his 2008 GT2 with 4k miles on BAT because he was buying a new one. I don't think the transmission matters a lot to most of these guys except as a selling point.
Sponsored