68 Mustang Coupe Restomod Info Help

NoMad11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Coupe, 2005 Mustang GT & 2016 Mustang GT
Recently I started working on a 68 coupe restomod (project I've been wanting to do for a while). I have a 2005 GT (which was recently totalled), which has a modified 4.6 modular engine with a 5-speed Transmision, that i want to swap out with the original 6 cyclinder coupe engine & transmission. I recently purchased a complete Front and Rear end coil over suspension kit for the 68 coupe from FAB Quest, in order to install the 4.6 modular engine (will be here 3-4 weeks..hopefully). I'm also looking at getting a 9" Currie rear end with the 3.73 gears. The issue I'm running into, is the lack of information (or maybe I just don't know where to find it), when in comes to the wiring harness, hydrallic clutch assembly, power breaks & fuel pump assembly for the conversion. I've checked several of the custom hot rod & performance sites, but can't seem to find anything specific regarding those & quite frankly not sure what to look for. Does anyone know if there are kits out there, availble for such a conversion for the hydrallic clutch assembly, power breaks & fuel pump assembly. Also, does anyone know if there's a plug & play wiring harnes that would allow me to use the stock 68 gauges and still allow me to flash/tune the engine, along with having the capability for power window and power seats? ANy information/direction would be helpfull and much appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_3583.JPG
Sponsored

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
So you asked a ton of questions but just to address one- I have a 67 restomod that I converted from a 3 speed auto to a 5 speed T-5. At the time there was no one that offered an after-market clutch assembly. I had to buy one off of ebay from a junk car. Other than that checkout mustangsplus.com they focus on restomods.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Go online and find the Power Nation TV shows. They have done several such projects and have the videos and information on the site.

Also search American Powertrain Products. They sell manual transmissions which people put into old cars. They also have the associated clutch and other items is my understanding.

There is a company which makes complete wiring harness for old cars and trucks but I do not recall there name just now.

Good luck with the project.

OP
OP

NoMad11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Coupe, 2005 Mustang GT & 2016 Mustang GT
So you asked a ton of questions but just to address one- I have a 67 restomod that I converted from a 3 speed auto to a 5 speed T-5. At the time there was no one that offered an after-market clutch assembly. I had to buy one off of ebay from a junk car. Other than that checkout mustangsplus.com they focus on restomods.
Thanks for the info ZPD, much appreciated! Yes, I did post a lot of questions, sorry about that. It's just that I've been trying to get this project going for a while & it just seems I've been hitting a brick wall, when it comes to some of these issues. Figured as a last resort I would post it on a forum, in order to see if anyone out there had similar issues or had a solution to some of them. I'll check out MustangPlus.com and see what they have avaible.

Hello; Go online and find the Power Nation TV shows. They have done several such projects and have the videos and information on the site.

Also search American Powertrain Products. They sell manual transmissions which people put into old cars. They also have the associated clutch and other items is my understanding.

There is a company which makes complete wiring harness for old cars and trucks but I do not recall there name just now.

Good luck with the project.
Thank you sk47, I'll check out the Power Nation TV shows on YouTube and see if they have the information needed. I've checked out Ron Francis wiring, looks like they may have what I need for the wiring harness (hopefully). Thanks again for the information, much appreciated!
Sponsored