2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Cool idea but im sure its crazy expensive...and would slow the car down.

So in the end is it a good idea???
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I will oblige ... lol

I don't get it, it would be like marrying a supermodel and then paying extra to have her tits removed and a cock stitched on ?

WD :like:
Have you seen super models? most dont have big tits to start with.

Sponsored

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Can’t wait for GT 5.0 guys to weigh in.
Yes, the plebeians will now speak! Thank you so much for your audience Your Grace.

I wouldn't spend the money on this swap, because I would buy a Mach1 with a factory Tremec instead. A Shelby Mustang is still just a Mustang. I said it!

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Yes, the plebeians will now speak! Thank you so much for your audience Your Grace.

I wouldn't spend the money on this swap, because I would buy a Mach1 with a factory Tremec instead. A Shelby Mustang is still just a Mustang. I said it!
Sure come on in and bash away.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the driving experience may be 'fantastic' at some level. but no gear-shift lever it doesn't matter. Some things are simply not compromised on. Same thing with Porsche or high-brow cars. I don't give a damn if the manual can only limp on 2 cylinders (out of 12) and has a 30mph top speed if so equipped. Stick or suck it.

If I'm rich enough to afford a $30k mod to 'fix' a $100k car as God intended, by George I'll do it. Now who do I talk to about putting a TR3160/3060 into my F150? It's probably not that hard.

And pox on Ford for missing a prime opportunity to put the trans+diff at the back of the car where it belongs.

Last edited:

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I've owned alot of different cars. I've owned alot of fast 6 speed cars. I just got rid of 2 2014 gt500s. I love those cars. But I was actually thinking to auto swap one that had a kb 3.2. But then I found the best of both worlds in the new dtc. If the dtc is able to reliably go 8s for some time then it's a lock for me.

Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Have you seen super models? most dont have big tits to start with.
Big , Little.
Honestly if any of us could get a supermodel drunk enough to sleep with our ugly old asses the size up top better never be something your unhappy with.

Now if that same drunk supermodel drops drawer and a big old Carolina Garden Lizard is hiding down in the weeds, you got cause to be upset.

Just say’s is all.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
No manual in the GT500 just like no auto in the GT350. They are what they are.

I've always had manually operated cars and trucks and I prefer roll up windows and no AC as well. The DCT exceeded my expectations on the street and on the track. Too bad that not everyone will get the opportunity to buy or own one whether by choice or due to budgetary concerns. It is a heck of a car and you'll not see another one in an ICE Mustang.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If someone were to say that dual-clutch transmissions in street use are just a gimmick, would that be wrong? :) Also, you "track warriors...." I call B.S. y'all have never been on a track other than a leisurely "track day" at your local car club event. Shifting gears isn't what's slowing you down.

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
If someone were to say that dual-clutch transmissions in street use are just a gimmick, would that be wrong? :)
I don't have experience with the GT500 but you've never driven a DCT car, I highly recommend trying one. The shifts have a mechanical feeling to them. It feels like a flat foot shift in a manual without the wear and tear/risk of mis shifts... and way faster.... The feeling of perfect crip quick shifts every time isn't a gimmick IMO, and can it be utilized on the street. Plus the DCT ratios look very desirable - like a mix between the MT82 and MT82D4. The D4 gearing I find to be pretty long with an 8k redline like I have.
Sponsored