Sponsored

6.5" JL Audio Micro Sub + 250/1 JL Amp + LC7i LOC

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I am looking to doing a full sound system short of the head unit for the obvious reasons. This is a very useful thread. I am more about sound quality than volume. I am in Denver and would very much like to find the high end shop in the Denver area, if anyone has any recommendations.

On a separate note, I don't know why US manufacturers, save Lincoln and Caddy, can't offer a true premium sound system as an option. The high end systems I have heard in Volvo, Lexus and BMW are very, very nice.
the sound system in my F350 Platinum truck is quite good also.
Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Man after reading this thread it seems like a lot of headache. The fanatic says this is all you need. This guy truly is a fanatic if you watch his you tube channel. Now his kit is clearly overpriced but I'm going to do something similar to what he did as I trust his opinion and the dude just knows his shit ..
I talked to my local shop and they said they can do the exact same thing installed with better stuff for cheaper then his kit.
Going to go this route as I think the sub in the trunk is not only teenager to me but not needed . Will post my results in the spring as she is hibernating now.
Here is his kit .

https://www.auto-fanatic.com/product/shelby-gt350-audio-upgrade/

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Autofanatic is a crook. The same setup can be bought for $350. That is why he removed his installs video after I posted the brand of the sub he was using that he mentioned it was high end subs from denmark. Lol

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Autofanatic is a crook. The same setup can be bought for $350. That is why he removed his installs video after I posted the brand of the sub he was using that he mentioned it was high end subs from denmark. Lol
Agreed man, however he removed his video because of copy right issues supposedly. I agree with you that he takes advantage over pricing everything. It doesn't change the fact that he truly is a fanatic and knows his stuff . I'm guessing here but I bet his upgrade works and sounds great. Only I would use better equipment for a better cost .

Lol lol ... I was wondering what kind of sub he was selling. Two shops I went to near me couldn't figure out what it was either , lol Denmark lol

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
Man after reading this thread it seems like a lot of headache. The fanatic says this is all you need. This guy truly is a fanatic if you watch his you tube channel. Now his kit is clearly overpriced but I'm going to do something similar to what he did as I trust his opinion and the dude just knows his shit ..
I talked to my local shop and they said they can do the exact same thing installed with better stuff for cheaper then his kit.
Going to go this route as I think the sub in the trunk is not only teenager to me but not needed . Will post my results in the spring as she is hibernating now.
Here is his kit .

https://www.auto-fanatic.com/product/shelby-gt350-audio-upgrade/
Trust me I would have loved to have a kit to drop in prior to dealing with all these test setups. I was just the first to really deal with the headache (and document it) so I was stuck forking over the time and money. After all was said and done, I was still never 100% happy with the sound system in that car because the headunit always had some static coming from it due to the ENC.

I’m back in an M3 as my daily driver and can attest that BMW does their systems justice with going through a reputable company like Harmon Kardon.

Best of luck with your setups, hopefully you guys had better luck than I did.

Sponsored

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
To avoid headache I went with a simple speaker upgrade. Sounds much better, but it does have a weird anomaly. When I push the volume above 20, which the speakers will take just fine, the volume adjusts down on it’s own to a more “reasonable” volume after playing for a minute or so. I’m wondering if this is normal with the OEM equipment working too hard to power the upgraded speakers, or if something seems off that I should try to troubleshoot? Anyone have any insight?

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Could be the OEM amps get hot and reduce their power output. Your new speakers could have lower impedance, which will draw more current.

Reactions: CSL
OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
It’s probably the OEM amp not having enough power to sustain the necessary output.
Sponsored