6 1/2" Subwoofers in rear deck?

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I saw the pioneers mounted in a sealed enclosure for a crazy low price, well under $100 per on Amazon through Walmart. Almost jumped on them and thought they would be easy to hang. Not sure is the deck holes would line up put they could also be mounted down firing. Very curious on the sound of those.

Not sure if the op has the base system or mids in the front as well. If it is the bass I would be hesitant to just do the woofers up front.

Also in communication with OEM, he believes the factory should provide more mid bass with some power. I plan on high passing mine to protect against the lows.
Sponsored

2016Gruv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
How do you think something like this would sound with an Alpine 500 watt amp at 2ohms? They are sold as a pair. I suppose I could try it free air and then build an enclosure if I am unhappy with it. I'm pretty much sick of loud boom and my music to sound more natural but with the low end still there.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45923_Earthquake-Sound-SWS-6.5X.html

Those speakers are inefficient with fairly lower power handling. With a max power handling of 100 watts, you're looking at a max SPL of about 97dB. They may sound great, just don't expect them to get loud.

Driving any 100w speaker with a 500w amp requires the gain to be dialed back.
Sponsored