Sponsored

5Spurs GT500 Shifter Dial Mystery Solved...

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
See original post below.....
It appears our mystery 5 Spurs GT500 shifter dial has been solved. After posting my below experience it appears that one of our fellow GT500 owners, and friend, @marklboris sent this to me as a gift. It also appears that through the process of him writing his own review it got posted under my name. The guys at 5 Spurs will pull down his review in my name so I can leave my own.
I went ahead and installed the shifter dial today and snapped some pics. Installation is easy and definitely adds a better tactile experience to the shifter dial. Take your time with the 3M double sided adhesive as you can easily deform it. They include several of them so you can retry, especially if you have fat fingers. I found application to the OEM dial first to be easiest.
At any rate I hope this clears up any potential shade on 5 Spurs. I definitely owe Mark a beer.
Enjoy the quick pictures below. The shifter dial is a would bang.

5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (1 of 12).JPG

5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (3 of 12).JPG

5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (8 of 12).JPG

5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (1 of 1).JPG
5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (2 of 12).JPG
5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (4 of 12).JPG
5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (5 of 12).JPG
5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (6 of 12).JPG
5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (7 of 12).JPG
5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (9 of 12).JPG
5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (10 of 12).JPG
5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (11 of 12).JPG
5Spur GT500 Shifter Dial (12 of 12).JPG

Going about my normal business today and see that I had a package delivered to me from the UK sent from 5 Spurs. I had no idea who this was so just left it outside as I headed out the door. Pontificated on who might have sent me something and still could not place it. Got home and opened up the package to find this weird doohickey inside..... Still at a loss....
I did a google search and found that 5 Spurs created an aluminum shifter dial for the GT500. Sure enough. that is what I received.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Get in touch with company explain to them what happened and demand they tell you how they got your info. This is forced marketing. Doesn’t matter if the product is top notch. They have your identity and have used it for a review and they know where you live. Also check to see if the product was made in China or not.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I'd be pissesd at the fake review. That isn't cool. Sending free stuff is OK by me though. That's a $200 item!

I just got an armrest from them, excellent work. I don't see the need for fake reviews.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Just sending it to you for free: nice. You must be one of those "influencers" we hear about.
Faking a review in your name: really pissed.

They're an UK firm and have a good reputation I believe, so hard to believe they would fake a review in your name. Would definitely contact them to find out what, if anything, they know about this.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Had the W been spelled out, then maybe, but don't shoot first and ask questions later.....

Terrance Wilson
Terrance Watts
Terrance Woods
Terrance Warren
Terrance Walton
Etc.

I think reaching out to Kevin first might have been more appropriate.

5 SPURS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5spurs.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 BULLITT
Going about my normal business today and see that I had a package delivered to me from the UK sent from 5 Spurs. I had no idea who this was so just left it outside as I headed out the door. Pontificated on who might have sent me something and still could not place it. Got home and opened up the package to find this weird doohickey inside..... Still at a loss....

Knowing what you know, how do you feel and how do you proceed? Install the part? Trash it? Review it? Send a contact to them? Anyone dealt with this company before or also received one?
Looks like @marklboris didn't give you the memo. This was ordered by Mark as a surprise gift to Terrance.

Mark wrote his own review under the order for Terrance so shows up as if Terrance wrote it. I'll take it down so he can submit it again under his named order.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I just woke up and saw and read this thread. I feel like a jerk not letting Terrance know something was coming in the mail for him. I have had quite a bit going on taking care of my 90 year old parents and it slipped my mind. Kevin must have shipped it out right away as it came quite fast. About the review, yes I replied back to a review request I got from Kevin but didn't even think to look it was from the order I placed for Terrance's. I just let Terrance know what was going on. I am sorry for this misunderstanding and want everyone to know working with Kevin has been great and his products are outstanding.

Side note: I sent Terrance this gift thinking it was something he didn't know existed and would be excited to have. He has been so helpful to me with the wheels on my car which I believe are the best wheels I have ever purchased and I have purchased quite a few over the years. He is also helping me design some new wheels for the Mach-E I have on order.

Last edited:

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I love when things work out. This world does have good people still....Sometimes things aren't as they seem.

Sponsored

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Look at that, a good news story! Happy to see the full disclosure and hope @5spurs isn't affected by the negative publicity. Back on my "good supplier" list.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Looks like @marklboris didn't give you the memo. This was ordered by Mark as a surprise gift to Terrance.

Mark wrote his own review under the order for Terrance so shows up as if Terrance wrote it. I'll take it down so he can submit it again under his named order.
Thanks for correcting that. I will get some information up on this later.
Wow, I just woke up and saw and read this thread. I feel like a jerk not letting Terrance know something was coming in the mail for him. I have had quite a bit going on taking care of my 90 year old parents and it slipped my mind. Kevin must have shipped it out right away as it came quite fast. About the review, yes I replied back to a review request I got from Kevin but didn't even think to look it was from the order I placed for Terrance's. I just let Terrance know what was going on. I am sorry for this misunderstanding and want everyone to know working with Kevin has been great and his products are outstanding.

Side note: I sent Terrance this gift thinking it was something he didn't know existed and would be excited to have. He has been so helpful to me with the wheels on my car which I believe are the best wheels I have ever purchased and I have purchased quite a few over the years. He is also helping me design some new wheels for the Mach-E I have on order.
Mark, that is very thoughtful of you man. Totally unexpected. I'm glad we got it all figured out. Now I gotta do something special for ya.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Had the W been spelled out, then maybe, but don't shoot first and ask questions later.....

Terrance Wilson
Terrance Watts
Terrance Woods
Terrance Warren
Terrance Walton
Etc.

I think reaching out to Kevin first might have been more appropriate.
No shots fired, just the data I had up until this point. Sure enough, it got the answer I needed.

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2003 mustang cobra, 2019 GT350R
Thanks for the mystery reading today

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep