Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Long time Ford and Mustang fan here. I have the Mustangs (4 now), t-shirts, and stock holdings to prove it.

I move for the military to Hawaii and find HUGE ADM mark-ups of $5k+ and obscure dealer mark-ups for air conditioning “super-charging” for $2,000. A $695 random mark-up too.

I get the current shortages, but trying to buy a Ford now competes with BMW pricing…and BMW doesn’t have any ADMs?

Seriously, back to German brands I go. Un-sat. Ford, if you’re watching, wrangle in your poaching dealers. I’m done.

— Mike
Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Long time Ford and Mustang fan here. I have the Mustangs (4 now), t-shirts, and stock holdings to prove it.

I move for the military to Hawaii and find HUGE ADM mark-ups of $5k+ and obscure dealer mark-ups for air conditioning “super-charging” for $2,000. A $695 random mark-up too.

I get the current shortages, but trying to buy a Ford now competes with BMW pricing…and BMW doesn’t have any ADMs?

Seriously, back to German brands I go. Un-sat. Ford, if you’re watching, wrangle in your poaching dealers. I’m done.

— Mike
MAS doesn’t deal in HI? Not that they are the best deal on earth, but for a captive audience they aren’t terrible.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Its that way across the board unfortunately, Gotta find the needle in the haystack willing to give an actual "good" deal. Dealers are owned by individuals not Ford Corporate. Wouldn't let a slimy dealer turn you away from an entire brand, I highly doubt BMW/Audi/MB, are just giving cars away. I drove over 700 miles to pickup our truck because it was the best deal by at least 10K. I get it being in Hawaii slightly limits that at this point, but as for a CONUS base next PCS and your golden lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Its that way across the board unfortunately, Gotta find the needle in the haystack willing to give an actual "good" deal. Dealers are owned by individuals not Ford Corporate. Wouldn't let a slimy dealer turn you away from an entire brand, I highly doubt BMW/Audi/MB, are just giving cars away. I drove over 700 miles to pickup our truck because it was the best deal by at least 10K. I get it being in Hawaii slightly limits that at this point, but as for a CONUS base next PCS and your golden lol
Interestingly, BMW and Subaru here are priding themselves on not gouging— they are offering cars at MSRP or less.

If you drove 700 miles for a good deal, good on you; for me, I don’t go out of my way to spend thousands of dollars. These chaotic times echo for an eternity in my opinion; those who treat you well now will for the long term.

— Mike

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Interestingly, BMW and Subaru here are priding themselves on not gouging— they are offering cars at MSRP or less.

If you drove 700 miles for a good deal, good on you; for me, I don’t go out of my way to spend thousands of dollars. These chaotic times echo for an eternity in my opinion; those who treat you well now will for the long term.

— Mike
So just to be clear... your upset that you are not getting a good deal, but not willing at all to travel for one? seems slightly contradictory.
"Single" BMW and Subaru stores owned by individuals not BMW or Subaru Corporate.
The same exact way that Granger is offering 9K off of TRX's and mach 1's well below invoice... If Granger was your local dealer I bet we would be hearing a different tune. Either do some research and find a good deal, or be upset your one dealer had ADM.

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
So just to be clear... your upset that you are not getting a good deal, but not willing at all to travel for one? seems slightly contradictory.
"Single" BMW and Subaru stores owned by individuals not BMW or Subaru Corporate.
The same exact way that Granger is offering 9K off of TRX's and mach 1's well below invoice... If Granger was your local dealer I bet we would be hearing a different tune. Either do some research and find a good deal, or be upset your one dealer had ADM.
Or, see it from my angle on an island with three separately owned Ford dealers that price gouge, and only one Subaru and BMW dealer that do not.

Fact of the matter is BMW and Subaru have their dealers in check, while many Ford dealers go rogue. Good on Grainger; maybe they’ll take my trade and ship a car out here for MSRP and no additional cost.

— Mike

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Good on Grainger; maybe they’ll take my trade and ship a car out here for MSRP and no additional cost.
It wouldn’t hurt to hit up some high volume dealers on the mainland and see if they would be willing to work a deal including shipping.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It wouldn’t hurt to hit up some high volume dealers on the mainland and see if they would be willing to work a deal including shipping.
Besides the prohibitive shipping costs you would still need to deal with the Ford dealers on the island. Honestly they could care less if you buy a car from them or not. I’m wouldn’t be giving my hard earned dollars to any of them. Just put them out of your mind and go get a BMW.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Besides the prohibitive shipping costs you would still need to deal with the Ford dealers on the island.
Shipping a car via a ship to a place like Hawaii isn’t all that expensive, especially compared to the ADMs OP is seeing. I’d bet from a California port to Honolulu is under $2,000.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
As someone stated if you order a mustang from the right dealer (chapman, granger) you can get one below invoice which is very good in these times. Yes it is a shame Ford corp does nothing about ADM s but then you (we) need to just avoid those dealers and put up with a little inconvenience. As long as STUPID money pays the ADMS it will continue. While other manufacturers don t add ADM they certainly don t markdown like they did before. It s ashamed what you have to deal with in Hawi.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Here’s a thought. Do all three dealers on the island have different ownership? Are they all marking their ADM’S the same way? Maybe a good lawyer could make a case for consumer fraud and/or collusion. And maybe add to this a little media (TV) support calling these dealers out.

These dealers are getting away with this because they can. Maybe, just maybe, if someone starts to put up a fight things can be forced to change.

1643552799063.gif