Sponsored

582hp/442lb-ft from factory, what do I need to do?

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I went to PRI. They told us the same info Voodoo mentioned but even FP reps could mess that up or they thought the referenced cams where the same set of cams which are coming out specifically for the FPC engine. They said 600+HP was easy to hit with a different cam during their test but they wanted to get closer to 450tq to help motivate the heavier S550s and balance the driving feel. this is an emissions free off road engine test so testing with race fuel is a relevant factor. Lightweight Pistons were used. An electric water pump and lightweight timing chain kit is coming. Voodoo engines can be purchased by qualified race teams so that's only 2 people right now. They said FP engine developments will trickle down into the GT. That probably equates to 450-460HP and 415-420tq on a emissions compliant car in a few years. FYI, Header back exhaust systems are coming but there is a lack of test vehicles at the moment or t hey just started coming around. I asked about the coming voodoo update and got a cheesy smile and if it would be in a revised gt350, all they said is it won't be until 2018, so that's an off road crate engine or it's going in another vehicle. All word of mouth, tried to remember, but we drank from about 4pm till midnight and hung out with some the JE pistons crew so my mind is a little foggy. I might have dreamed it but I thought they said 5.2 heads brought on 40 more peak torque and 70 ft lbs at 4500 rpm on an almost stock 5.0. PRI is awesome. Some of the race teams you meet make for a crazy crowd when booze start flowing. It was61 degrees at midnight and downtown was packed - lots of drunk people everywhere.
Sponsored

OP
OP

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
so it is confirmed then, there will be a 2018 gt350, meaning the run will be more than 2 years.

I went to PRI. They told us the same info Voodoo mentioned but even FP reps could mess that up or they thought the referenced cams where the same set of cams which are coming out specifically for the FPC engine. They said 600+HP was easy to hit with a different cam during their test but they wanted to get closer to 450tq to help motivate the heavier S550s and balance the driving feel. this is an emissions free off road engine test so testing with race fuel is a relevant factor. Lightweight Pistons were used. An electric water pump and lightweight timing chain kit is coming. Voodoo engines can be purchased by qualified race teams so that's only 2 people right now. They said FP engine developments will trickle down into the GT. That probably equates to 450-460HP and 415-420tq on a emissions compliant car in a few years. FYI, Header back exhaust systems are coming but there is a lack of test vehicles at the moment or t hey just started coming around. I asked about the coming voodoo update and got a cheesy smile and if it would be in a revised gt350, all they said is it won't be until 2018, so that's an off road crate engine or it's going in another vehicle. All word of mouth, tried to remember, but we drank from about 4pm till midnight and hung out with some the JE pistons crew so my mind is a little foggy. I might have dreamed it but I thought they said 5.2 heads brought on 40 more peak torque and 70 ft lbs at 4500 rpm on an almost stock 5.0. PRI is awesome. Some of the race teams you meet make for a crazy crowd when booze start flowing. It was61 degrees at midnight and downtown was packed - lots of drunk people everywhere.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
so it is confirmed then, there will be a 2018 gt350, meaning the run will be more than 2 years.
Why wouldn't they sell it for more than 2 years. The answer is there is no reasonwhy they wouldn't as people are buying it or there is a chasis generation change. The GT500 will be along and weigh heavily on sales of the 350 if they are even offered concurrently and that is a big if.

Sponsored

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I agree with voodooo also. You can't blame him for what he was told by someone at FRPP. It's good to know that people like him and others in the mustang world are keeping our love of horsepower, torque and performance alive. I didn't read anywhere where he mentioned about changing cams or that the 5.0 and 5.2 had the same firing order. If someone is willing to try a performance upgrade i.e. Intake throttle body headers etc the more power to them. Someone's gotta be the first. Their will always be naysayers and wanna be's. It's his car and his money let him decide for himself and we can all learn from it. Good or bad. I also read where some mentioned the same about the maganaflow mufflers, if the owner likes them then that's all that matters.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Nope. They are going to upgrade the voodoo at some point in time. Most likely for racing

Sponsored

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm sure he's doing Dyno testing now.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I don't see any reason to question the use of the flat plane cams in a 5.2 voodoo block with a cross plane crank. If there is enough piston to valve clearance and the firing order of cross plane is used , the flat plane cams should work just fine. Just remember the 5.2 engine combination will use a voodoo block and heads with a crossplane crank. Therefore the cams will fit the head.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I wonder what Voodooo did to get banned
I didn't see anything that warranted it, he could have just edited his user title to throw people off?

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
He had a tiff with the guy razzing him about cross plane crank and flat plane crossover...I see a few posts are not here anymore. I think the other guy deserved it actually, not voodoo.
Sponsored