Sponsored

569 2018 Gt350s for sale on Car Gurus

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My solution would be to track tune the car so the throttle only opens to 33%.

Diff would stay nice and cool.
Don't you already have that level of performance in the 3 valve?

;)
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
1) They don’t seem to want to sell the GT350 for any discount (even for a cash sale)
2) They are quick to show GT’s
3) They all comment on how good the automatic is.
4) Most of the used GT350s were owned by one of the managers
5) No leases were offered
6) No CPO offered on used cars
I just want to say that I experienced none of this as early as last May when I got my GT350.

I looked at two cars at two different dealers. The first dealer had a new 18 that they were willing to let go for 57 on a sticker of around 63.

The second dealer (which I purchased my car from) had a CPO'd 2017 and they didn't try to talk me out of it at all. I paid 52.

7yr/100k powertrain warranty on the CPO.

MDM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
M3, F350
I just want to say that I experienced none of this as early as last May when I got my GT350.

I looked at two cars at two different dealers. The first dealer had a new 18 that they were willing to let go for 57 on a sticker of around 63.

The second dealer (which I purchased my car from) had a CPO'd 2017 and they didn't try to talk me out of it at all. I paid 52.

7yr/100k powertrain warranty on the CPO.
Wow! I was told Ford wouldn’t CPO a “performance car” like the GT350. Maybe it’s a regional thing. Another reason to add to my I hate car dealers list.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at a 2017 GT350 as well that has a CPO tag on it. They will do it, seems to vary from dealer to dealer....

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Wow! I was told Ford wouldn’t CPO a “performance car” like the GT350. Maybe it’s a regional thing. Another reason to add to my I hate car dealers list.
Never believe what a dealer is telling you.

It costs the dealer money to CPO a car. Sometimes this is worth it, as it usually increases the sale price of a used car.

In the case of the GT350, I suspect most dealers don't currently think the market is asking for it. They'll tell you whatever they want as an excuse.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
What is a CPO?

ssteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
big truck
Should be interesting to see how the gt500 affects those numbers. I’d expect nation wide it will jump at least a hundred units or more. Will that be enough to affect resale value though? Who knows.

Sponsored

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
I was looking at both the '19 GT350/R and '19 PP2. My wife ordered me a '19 PP2 car without my prior knowledge and surprised me with it last month. All she kept hearing me say was "I am going to pull out the interior and put a roll bar in, and hop up the suspension on whatever I get". Plus there is that endless list of upgrades she sees sitting on the coffee table that makes her eyes roll. That was enough reason for her not to buy me a GT350 and pull out those beautiful seats among the other nice things they come with. She knew much of what the 350 had, I was going to ditch out anyways. Well same with the PP2; but if I am going to replace parts with high end stuff, it didn't make financial sense to replace high end parts with higher end parts. Truthfully, a base GT would have probably been a better starting point for me overall, but I wasn't keen in sourcing and installing everything from a diff to brakes within the first year of ownership and I wanted something that was decent out of the box. There was no real justification for what I bought as I would have been happy with anything. I'm just a car guy and love working on and tuning whatever that may be.

These threads always amuse me as people are always justifying what they bought to people on the internet. I just went to Cars and Coffee this weekend, and every Mustang owner that had a beat Fox Body, to a fully restored classic to a new S550 platform all shot the bull and got along. It surprises me how hostile everyone gets on here about what is the better car. I would think the brotherhood of Mustang ownership would be tighter; guess not.

I was seriously looking for an FP350S, but my wife put her foot down saying we are not buying a car without a VIN number. That would truly be the best fit for me in terms of value and what I would like to do with the car.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
What I find amusing is that some - not all - GT350 / R owners look down upon GT owners just like SOME GT owners look down on Ecoboost / V6 owners. It's the internet. Who gives a shit what anyone thinks? I'm sure there are plenty of people online who think someone who buys a V6 Mustang can't afford a GT or a Shelby. That's fine. Why should I care? They aren't paying my mortgage every month, they aren't waking up next to me in bed every morning, and they don't have my blood flowing through their veins - so who cares?
I'd say it's because the ones that look down others for having a lesser trim car are "keeping up with the Joneses" types. I found people who act like cars are status symbols are pathetic, but can't believe that there are ones that act like certain trims of Mustangs are status symbols in the first place, considering that the general public don't know and don't care about differences in trims of Mustangs (there's a reason why get-rich-quick schemes feature Lamborghinis and Ferraris, not Mustangs). I'm pretty sure Dr. Stanley's turning in his grave because even though TMND was published over 20 years ago, there are still many in the world that are clueless.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I was looking at both the '19 GT350/R and '19 PP2. My wife ordered me a '19 PP2 car without my prior knowledge and surprised me with it last month. All she kept hearing me say was "I am going to pull out the interior and put a roll bar in, and hop up the suspension on whatever I get". Plus there is that endless list of upgrades she sees sitting on the coffee table that makes her eyes roll. That was enough reason for her not to buy me a GT350 and pull out those beautiful seats among the other nice things they come with. She knew much of what the 350 had, I was going to ditch out anyways. Well same with the PP2; but if I am going to replace parts with high end stuff, it didn't make financial sense to replace high end parts with higher end parts. Truthfully, a base GT would have probably been a better starting point for me overall, but I wasn't keen in sourcing and installing everything from a diff to brakes within the first year of ownership and I wanted something that was decent out of the box. There was no real justification for what I bought as I would have been happy with anything. I'm just a car guy and love working on and tuning whatever that may be.

These threads always amuse me as people are always justifying what they bought to people on the internet. I just went to Cars and Coffee this weekend, and every Mustang owner that had a beat Fox Body, to a fully restored classic to a new S550 platform all shot the bull and got along. It surprises me how hostile everyone gets on here about what is the better car. I would think the brotherhood of Mustang ownership would be tighter; guess not.

I was seriously looking for an FP350S, but my wife put her foot down saying we are not buying a car without a VIN number. That would truly be the best fit for me in terms of value and what I would like to do with the car.
I was nice of her to decide for you

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I'd say it's because the ones that look down others for having a lesser trim car are "keeping up with the Joneses" types. I found people who act like cars are status symbols are pathetic, but can't believe that there are ones that act like certain trims of Mustangs are status symbols in the first place, considering that the general public don't know and don't care about differences in trims of Mustangs (there's a reason why get-rich-quick schemes feature Lamborghinis and Ferraris, not Mustangs). I'm pretty sure Dr. Stanley's turning in his grave because even though TMND was published over 20 years ago, there are still many in the world that are clueless.
I have also seen GT owners have a chip on their shoulder when you roll up in a Shelby thinking you think they drive a lessor Mustang. Problem is, I for one, love em all

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have also seen GT owners have a chip on their shoulder when you roll up in a Shelby thinking you think they drive a lessor Mustang. Problem is, I for one, love em all
This seems very common to me. People seem to think it's ok to cut down my Mustang. They ASSUME I think less of them, when really I love all Mustangs.
Sponsored