55LB Injectors for Whipple Gen V Stage II

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Just trying to find out what injector part numbers will fit and what spacers are required. I have the 38LB ones currently and considering going to the 55LB ones, since they are not going to release any new calibrations for my configuration and I have the latest cal available.

I have to upgrade to the 55LB ones to continue to get updates.Trying to keep the costs down and possibly source the injectors and spacers myself.Thx.
Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Just trying to find out what injector part numbers will fit and what spacers are required. I have the 38LB ones currently and considering going to the 55LB ones, since they are not going to release any new calibrations for my configuration and I have the latest cal available.

I have to upgrade to the 55LB ones to continue to get updates.Trying to keep the costs down and possibly source the injectors and spacers myself.Thx.
I'm confused. The kits appear to still come with 38's. Why would you need 55 to continue to receive updates?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Why do you feel you need continual updates? Is there a problem with the cal?

LethalSteveG

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Yellow Label
If you have an older Whipple kit, yes they did come with 38s. The 55lbs used now, are the same as a 13/14 GT500. MU52s. You can find them here

https://www.lethalperformance.com/ford-performance-52-lb-hr-fuel-injector-set.html

52 is the same as 55. The only thing you will need is the Whipple Shims which we can get too. Like 80 (ING-G5SHIM) bucks or so.

You can shoot me a call and we can get this going for you.

Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
If you have an older Whipple kit, yes they did come with 38s. The 55lbs used now, are the same as a 13/14 GT500. MU52s. You can find them here

https://www.lethalperformance.com/ford-performance-52-lb-hr-fuel-injector-set.html

52 is the same as 55. The only thing you will need is the Whipple Shims which we can get too. Like 80 (ING-G5SHIM) bucks or so.

You can shoot me a call and we can get this going for you.
Any idea when they switched over? Their website still advertises 38's, but I guess that doesn't mean much considering how outdated the install manual is.

OP
OP
Slopoke

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Why do you feel you need continual updates? Is there a problem with the cal?
No problem with the calibration. Whipple stated that the latest update had an "overall improvement in drivability". They did not elaborate to what the actual improvements were.

I just figured if the price was decent, that adding the larger injectors and being able to get further updates would be nice. Especially if the updates contained improvements.

LethalSteveG

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Yellow Label
Any idea when they switched over? Their website still advertises 38's, but I guess that doesn't mean much considering how outdated the install manual is.

I can't say why they did but in the end, I would prefer 55s over 38s.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
It’s been years. I’d like to know why as well. I’ve run down to the 3.375 pulley in cold weather and still had plenty of room left in the old 39’s.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
@Slopoke for you to get the updated calibration you would need to run whipples 55lbs injectors. the ford 52lbs injectors would not work with the whipple calibration. i shot you a PM

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I got one of the earlier kits that came with 38lb. injectors. I was upgraded to 55 lb. injectors with a tune update (JULY 2020) from Whipple. If the car has the Whipple supplied injectors they will know what size you have and what tune you have(if it is theirs). They keep track of everything by your VIN #.

Last edited:

LethalSteveG

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Yellow Label
I'm just trying to fig out what injectors I have, car isn't on a whipple tune.
Most tuners will. use larger one if it's not a Whipple tune. You could post pictures or the part number on it to try to see what you have.
Sponsored