550's are the best

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
did you read what i wrote? they changed the two things i hated. he's saying "they'll change nothing and you will love it given enough time"... which is stupid consumerism nonsense.
You initially did not like S550 then bought said S550. They’re both the same car with some slight tweaks (I owned a 2016 and test drove a 2020 before ordering my 2022, I don’t know what handling change you’re talking about). The biggest change was the Gen 3 coyote but the Gen2 was not an initial complaint of yours, so I’ll assume that particular change to the 2018+ car did not have any meaningful impact on your decision to purchase. So, based on your list of complaints, you basically bought the same car you said you didn’t like. The “meaningful” changes that were actually made to the car had no influence on your purchase if I’m interpreting your prior post correctly.

As to your point about change nothing and like it with time, how is that stupid nonsense? Some people take longer to adapt to change. I was one that initially did not like the 2018+ front end refresh. Yet now I own one. Am I a mindless idiot or did my tastes simply change over time after seeing it enough? I’m an idiot but it’s of my own choosing, not because some company marketed something to me and I just said ok without forming my own thoughts or opinions about it.

Oh and by the way, the S550 and S650 Mustangs have to be the least marketed vehicles (excluding exotics) I’ve seen in quite some time. No TV commercials, I’ve not seen a Mustang billboard and even the social media stuff is somewhat tame compared to other brands. The biggest marketing I see comes from owners, both prior and current. So people must really like the product. Either that or they’re/we’re all drooling into cups and buying cars that others tell them/us to without giving it a thought…
Sponsored

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
You initially did not like S550 then bought said S550.
false.

I loved the car but hated 2 things about the original S550.

ford eliminated those 2 things.

i then bought the next iteration of the S550 without the 2 things that stopped me before.

quit trying to put a square peg in a round hole. its not rocket science.

if ford gets rid of the Ipads on the dash it would move it from nonstarter to maybe if my car gets totalled and can't find something i like more.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
You initially did not like S550 then bought said S550. They’re both the same car with some slight tweaks (I owned a 2016 and test drove a 2020 before ordering my 2022, I don’t know what handling change you’re talking about). The biggest change was the Gen 3 coyote but the Gen2 was not an initial complaint of yours, so I’ll assume that particular change to the 2018+ car did not have any meaningful impact on your decision to purchase. So, based on your list of complaints, you basically bought the same car you said you didn’t like. The “meaningful” changes that were actually made to the car had no influence on your purchase if I’m interpreting your prior post correctly.

As to your point about change nothing and like it with time, how is that stupid nonsense? Some people take longer to adapt to change. I was one that initially did not like the 2018+ front end refresh. Yet now I own one. Am I a mindless idiot or did my tastes simply change over time after seeing it enough? I’m an idiot but it’s of my own choosing, not because some company marketed something to me and I just said ok without forming my own thoughts or opinions about it.

Oh and by the way, the S550 and S650 Mustangs have to be the least marketed vehicles (excluding exotics) I’ve seen in quite some time. No TV commercials, I’ve not seen a Mustang billboard and even the social media stuff is somewhat tame compared to other brands. The biggest marketing I see comes from owners, both prior and current. So people must really like the product. Either that or they’re/we’re all drooling into cups and buying cars that others tell them/us to without giving it a thought…
well said!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Every time a new gen comes out, most previous gen owners have to find something to hate about it. Simple as that.
My Mustang is best Mustang.

I'm in the camp of not preferring the screens (they could have been integrated better), but it's much cheaper for them to do it like that so I'm not surprised. Costs have already crept way up.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I personally understand the need of the two screens. Our cars have two screens already, after all.

First, let me tell you I think they are badly placed, it could have been done better, that's for sure. BUT, that's the only place it makes logical sense. Nowadays we use much more satellite navigation, especially from CarPlay than we did 10 years ago, when the S550 was developed.

More speed traps to avoid compared to 10 years ago so I personally always go around with the TomTom with the speed traps monitor turned on.
That thing does not mirror to the speedometer, even not partially, like the built in navigator.

Should have they given the speedometer a proper place like a "real" one? Yes, as they should have stick to the double dashboard on the passenger side.
But the screens moving to a better position that was unavoidable. I don't hope that a mid life refresh in 2026-27 would bring significant interior changes. Maybe they will fix minor things but they will not change the base concept for sure.

I have them positioned this way on my Merc and I can tell you it's less distracting than the S550.
Also the Merc retained all the physical buttons so you don't have to mess with the screen while driving...

Sponsored

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
As always to each their own but head over to M7G for a totally different take by owners of the S650. Some originally felt the way you did but changed their minds after getting behind the wheel.

As far as this being a passing fad, no such luck. Digital screens are here now and will be in the future. There is no going back.
Agree, to each their own. And some change their mind. I'm cool with that. But, for M7G to not let folks express their dislike, is cultish.

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
We heard the exact same thing when the Gen 2 was released in 18‘. The front end design sucked, the M6 ratios sucked, the digital screen sucked, etc., etc. Now there are still plenty of Gen 1’s out there but the Gen 2 did pretty good. To each their own.
I have not owned a GT since 2015. Was not fan of refresh in 18. Shelbys ever since as they fix the things I didn't like.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
On a serious note, the display has its place, this not one of them.. Read the perfect descriptive phrase that says it all, "fumble around with menus"

Who with an oz of common sense thinks driving and fumble around with menus is practical?

Satellite navigation was mentioned, hell, my cell phone does a much better job with that. Viewing the roadway on the display. How is that helpful?

Following cell phone voice navigation prompts makes more sense. One more cell mapping is superior. No map 2.0988 downloads to display changes on the display.

News flash, a plus, the driver actually is looking out the windshield at the road.

The only thing the display does is case no one has put it together....... they ALL look the same big rectangle BOX sitting in the middle of the dash.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Every time a new gen comes out, most previous gen owners have to find something to hate about it. Simple as that.
Sure. Lexus front, Camaro sides, hello kitty rear, Tesla interior. Chances are somebody will find it appealing. But that MSRP.. not even if I was a multimillionaire would I pay that price for a Mustang.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
this is how you do a digital dash.

1698239926660.jpeg

here's the ranger. both are fine ways to get your fancy flashy screens.

1698239968967.jpeg

sticking them on the dash like an Ipad was a design CHOICE and it was a bad one.

"hey look kids (that can't afford a 50K car) look how cool mustang is now!"

LOL

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
unless you heard the same thing from the same guy who then got the new thing... irrelevant.

i drove a 15 and i had 2 main beefs.

1. it handled like a pig
2. the hood had these ribs that obstructed my view

didn't buy one then ford fixed the front end and the handling.
suddenly i was interested again.

some of us know what we like and aren't simple minded lemmings lead by marketing to waste money on bullshit. that's why i take issue at someone asserting we're all the same.

to those ppl: we aren't. we aren't like you.
There's no difference in handling between a 2015 and a 2022, other than the addition of Magneride as an option.

Ford "fixed" nothing with the handling, they're the same car and suspension. Slight styling changes and a bit more power, that's all.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Yes, the digital dash in the S550 is W-A-Y better than the dash in the S650. The S650 dash is HORRIBLE.

It's a shame Ford got away from the Aircraft inspired "cockpit" style interior.

I actually like the analog dash in the S550 the best!!

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 21 MACH 1
unless you heard the same thing from the same guy who then got the new thing... irrelevant.

i drove a 15 and i had 2 main beefs.

1. it handled like a pig
2. the hood had these ribs that obstructed my view

didn't buy one then ford fixed the front end and the handling.
suddenly i was interested again.

some of us know what we like and aren't simple minded lemmings lead by marketing to waste money on bullshit. that's why i take issue at someone asserting we're all the same.

to those ppl: we aren't. we aren't like you.
Very well said.
I have 4 units S550 and I am not impressed with the S650 at all.
I will stay with what I have and enjoy them.
And I will buy some more S550 units while it is possible.