Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
They are all repairable . But to an insurance company they are not. To the guy with a body shop That can plug away at it when there is nothing else to do. And wants one. might fix one. Was there anything special parts wise to these over the other gt's? or was this a sticker and badge trim S/E.
The main outer differences are the layered louvered glass quarter panel windows and the wheels. I read a while back that if I ever needed a replacement glass, I would need to supply my VIN and pay $1,600 per side. Not sure if they are even still available. The inner main differences are the door cards and the seat upholstery. Otherwise, they are PP GTs.
Sponsored

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
The main outer differences are the layered louvered glass quarter panel windows and the wheels. I read a while back that if I ever needed a replacement glass, I would need to supply my VIN and pay $1,600 per side. Not sure if they are even still available. The inner main differences are the door cards and the seat upholstery. Otherwise, they are PP GTs.
I would like to add that this was the only automatic PP you get at the time as manuals were the only other way to get a PP GT in regular models.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It's also the only S550 where the last (4) digits of the VIN match the actual 50th Limited Edition build # engraved on glove box plaque.

----

True about the 50th LE rear 1/4 windows. To buy replacements from a Ford Dealer, the buyer has to be a registered owner of one of the 1,964 50th LE's and provide proof. I also don't even know if that glass is still in Ford parts inventory. Usually certain parts specific to any limited produced vehicle are discontinued via Ford Parts 10-15 years after the initial production date of the vehicle. This does not include common shared parts found on a limited edition XYZ and standard production model such as brakes, coolant hoses, electronics, sensors, etc.

Sponsored

MandM9999

Mustang Lady 322
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Limited Edition 5.0L V-8
Wonder if they noticed that it’s wrong side up.
Always keep the rubber on the road 😥 That one had to hurt... Although given the amount of airbags we have, not physically.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@whpony96 - thanks for posting up; I have PDF'd it for future reference.

I can't believe that was totally stripped and parted out. It would have been and easier fix than most posted in here.

----
# 1124
VIN: 1FA6P8RF5F5501124
Odometer: 15,978
Source: en.BIDFAX.info/sold on Copart

Attachments

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

I can't believe that was totally stripped and parted out. It would have been and easier fix than most posted in here.

----
# 1124
Too bad Midway isn’t in the business of rebuilding cars

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car

whpony96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

----
# 1124
I picked up the numbered dash off of #1518 It will live on in "Scarlett" my 2015 Race Red Anniversary Package with only 9000mi on the clock..

As for #1124 I can't believe the insurance company totaled it out. I also can't believe it sold for only $12,000.00.

IMG_9470.JPG

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
# 1518
VIN: 1FA6P8RF4F5501518
Odometer: 41,024
Source: Copart
A couple of bumper covers, and a few other parts and a man with a few body hammers and that is fixed.
Why is it , that it seems the sporty cars like that get totaled out, but a 4 door econobox could be had hard and get fixed.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up the numbered dash off of #1518 It will live on in "Scarlett" my 2015 Race Red Anniversary Package with only 9000mi on the clock..

As for #1124 I can't believe the insurance company totaled it out. I also can't believe it sold for only $12,000.00.

IMG_9470.JPG
@whpony96

Nice!

Hey, care to add more info as to where you picked up the genuine 50th LE 1/4 windows and trim? Was pricing fair? Also was it from 1518? Did you do the install yourself?

Also noticed the quads - active exhaust conversion?

Looks great!

whpony96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
@whpony96

Nice!

Hey, care to add more info as to where you picked up the genuine 50th LE 1/4 windows and trim? Was pricing fair? Also was it from 1518? Did you do the install yourself?

Also noticed the quads - active exhaust conversion?

Looks great!
From day one when I bought it new on Feb 2016 I wanted the LE. But not one was found for sale at a reasonable distance from my home. So, I grabbed this one, and since it was the only left over 2015 (in 2016 filled lot) they gave me a great deal on it as well. Then the hunt began. I first purchased all the Performance Pack Suspension parts brand new except for the springs. I simply like the way she currently rides too much. Second in 2019 was the full cat back Active Exhaust from Ford Performance. The first time I fired it up I was standing at the back of the car with the remote fob in my hand...I almost peed myself! (Keep in mind It defaults in LOUD mode.) But, it looked incomplete so I added a GT350 Rear Close Out Panel Diffuser to finish the look. The neat thing on the active exhaust is you can program the Homelink garage door opener in the visor to control the exhaust valves! The next step I had to be patient for I wanted the 50th rear quarter windows and bright trim BAD! But Ford almost laughed at me when I tried to buy a set from them. I was willing to pay the $560.00 each (in 2017) they wanted for each window but they said without a pic of the VIN and a bill of sale showing the identical VIN....NO SALE. So I decided I would then hunt down the LE wheels. Ford actually put them on sale on their website on 033122 for $258ea. for the front 9" and $310ea. for the rear 9.5". So I bought all 4 and then wrapped them with Continental Extreme DWS-06 Plus tires. Then 050522 I was surfing EBay and there they were a set of windows from a LE. The seller had them for sale from a hail damage insurance claim from his Kona Blue LE and he figured he would pass them on to someone else. Seriously, I couldn't hit the "Buy It Now" button any faster, I got both windows for $299 + $100 shipping. When they arrived there was ONE very small shallow dent on the passenger side top. You literately can only see it if you look at it from the perfect angle. So I felt it was best to just leave it alone and not try to correct it. (Plus it has a story attached to it as well.) Then I needed the bright trim for around the windows and the beltline. That was a painfull $881.29 to fork over and they were brand new from Ford. I have almost every part for the 50th LE except the springs, dash double gauges, and the Cashmire Interior installed. I spoke with several owners of LE's and that's the one thing most of them have in common that they are not very happy with. They say the seats are hard to keep clean and they easily stain from black leather belts. So I'm still on the fence with the Cashmere interior.

All the work on the car I've done myself besides installing the quarter windows and mounting the tires to the wheels.

As of today she has 9621 miles on the clock!

I have also added the following:

50th Anniversary LE Welcome Kit from Ford
Sync 3 with NAV and the 12" LCD cluster.
Lloyd's embroidered 50th floor and trunk mats.
GT350 side Rocker Splitters.
GT350 rear fender well splash guards.
Ford's LED illuminated front pony emblem.
2016 Black OEM Hood Heat Extractors with Turn Signals with OEM harness.
Ford Performance Hood Strut Lift Kit.
2021 Leather Center Console and side knee panels w/Silver Stitch.
Shelby LED front signal w/Fog Housings (Intergrates another fog light into the turn signal housing like the 2018 and above.)
Silver Lower Grill from the Pony Package.
GT350R Steering Wheel
Cup holder Upgrade from 2017
Ford Floating Mustang LED Wheel Center Caps
Ford Performance Oil Separator
Performance Pack GT350 Radiator
Real Ford GT500 Rear Spoiler With Gurney Flap
6R80 Auto Transmission Molded Lead Frame Updated pack (If you have not done this to your 6R80 do it immediately! It's not a recall from Ford but it should be! You will notice it shift better immediately! And it will prevent the selonoids from killing the trans prematurely.)

I always thought it was odd that Ford offered the 50th LE in only Wimbledon White and Kona Blue. Why no red option? Sort of a no brainer isn't it?

IMG_9469.JPG

IMG_9475.JPG

IMG_8330.JPG

IMG_8927.JPG

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
From day one when I bought it new on Feb 2016 I wanted the LE. But not one was found for sale at a reasonable distance from my home. So, I grabbed this one, and since it was the only left over 2015 (in 2016 filled lot) they gave me a great deal on it as well. Then the hunt began. I first purchased all the Performance Pack Suspension parts brand new except for the springs. I simply like the way she currently rides too much. Second in 2019 was the full cat back Active Exhaust from Ford Performance. The first time I fired it up I was standing at the back of the car with the remote fob in my hand...I almost peed myself! (Keep in mind It defaults in LOUD mode.) But, it looked incomplete so I added a GT350 Rear Close Out Panel Diffuser to finish the look. The neat thing on the active exhaust is you can program the Homelink garage door opener in the visor to control the exhaust valves! The next step I had to be patient for I wanted the 50th rear quarter windows and bright trim BAD! But Ford almost laughed at me when I tried to buy a set from them. I was willing to pay the $560.00 each (in 2017) they wanted for each window but they said without a pic of the VIN and a bill of sale showing the identical VIN....NO SALE. So I decided I would then hunt down the LE wheels. Ford actually put them on sale on their website on 033122 for $258ea. for the front 9" and $310ea. for the rear 9.5". So I bought all 4 and then wrapped them with Continental Extreme DWS-06 Plus tires. Then 050522 I was surfing EBay and there they were a set of windows from a LE. The seller had them for sale from a hail damage insurance claim from his Kona Blue LE and he figured he would pass them on to someone else. Seriously, I couldn't hit the "Buy It Now" button any faster, I got both windows for $299 + $100 shipping. When they arrived there was ONE very small shallow dent on the passenger side top. You literately can only see it if you look at it from the perfect angle. So I felt it was best to just leave it alone and not try to correct it. (Plus it has a story attached to it as well.) Then I needed the bright trim for around the windows and the beltline. That was a painfull $881.29 to fork over and they were brand new from Ford. I have almost every part for the 50th LE except the springs, dash double gauges, and the Cashmire Interior installed. I spoke with several owners of LE's and that's the one thing most of them have in common that they are not very happy with. They say the seats are hard to keep clean and they easily stain from black leather belts. So I'm still on the fence with the Cashmere interior.

All the work on the car I've done myself besides installing the quarter windows and mounting the tires to the wheels.

As of today she has 9621 miles on the clock!

I have also added the following:

50th Anniversary LE Welcome Kit from Ford
Sync 3 with NAV and the 12" LCD cluster.
Lloyd's embroidered 50th floor and trunk mats.
GT350 side Rocker Splitters.
GT350 rear fender well splash guards.
Ford's LED illuminated front pony emblem.
2016 Black OEM Hood Heat Extractors with Turn Signals with OEM harness.
Ford Performance Hood Strut Lift Kit.
2021 Leather Center Console and side knee panels w/Silver Stitch.
Shelby LED front signal w/Fog Housings (Intergrates another fog light into the turn signal housing like the 2018 and above.)
Silver Lower Grill from the Pony Package.
GT350R Steering Wheel
Cup holder Upgrade from 2017
Ford Floating Mustang LED Wheel Center Caps
Ford Performance Oil Separator
Performance Pack GT350 Radiator
Real Ford GT500 Rear Spoiler With Gurney Flap
6R80 Auto Transmission Molded Lead Frame Updated pack (If you have not done this to your 6R80 do it immediately! It's not a recall from Ford but it should be! You will notice it shift better immediately! And it will prevent the selonoids from killing the trans prematurely.)

I always thought it was odd that Ford offered the 50th LE in only Wimbledon White and Kona Blue. Why no red option? Sort of a no brainer isn't it?

IMG_9469.JPG

IMG_9475.JPG

IMG_8330.JPG

IMG_8927.JPG
Dang, that’s a lot of work but well done!
Sponsored