Sponsored

50th Anniversary Logo Unveiled for 2015 Mustang s550!

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
2016 camaro render.png

Ford has unveiled its 50th Anniversary Logo to commemorate the impending release of the 2015 Mustang s550! The new "50 years" emblem will be branded on everything from apparel, jewelry, toy cars and pinball machines to help kick off the year long celebration of the milestone, set to begin at NYIAS this week. The logo, created by designer Michael Thompson, is the result of a design competition at Ford spearheaded by its Chief Creative Officer J Mays. Ford has commissioned 50 companies to help sell the 50 year-emblazoned swag, specific items of which to be revealed in the coming weeks.

We think the logo looks great and can't wait to see all of the special events Ford has planned leading up to the unveiling of the 2015 Mustang! :clap2:
50year logo.jpg
Sponsored

DarkAgent10

Looks good! Better than I expected actually given how bad some of the other anniv ones were IMHO.

Still would prefer an actual car :D, but at least we know what the emblem will look like now.... :clap2:

Mach1

A bit plain.... but good they kept it simple and not tacky looking. The news is slowly trickling out now, let's keep it coming!

NRMStand

Agree it's a bit boring. I was expecting more outta this one.

But hey if they wanna save all the looks for the car, I'm all for that. Nothing like a loud logo on the fender to ruin a nice design.

Ricky35

Agree it's a bit boring. I was expecting more outta this one.

But hey if they wanna save all the looks for the car, I'm all for that. Nothing like a loud logo on the fender to ruin a nice design.
Let the car do the talking. I rather have a plain logo than a over fancy one. Now show us the car Ford!

Sponsored

JackHoya

It's elegant, unadorned and no BS. I prefer it that way. Who knows if the emblem on the car will look exactly like this though. They could touch it up or maybe add some color?

Mriley

It's better than the big gawdy 45th logo IMO.. someone else posted it on here in another thread I think. I wonder how it'll actually look as a badge tho. The spacing of the horse/font needs to be worked on for that.

crazyfastfreddy

man that's lame as hell... its so boring. this was the WINNER?

i hope they dont put it on the exterior, keep it inside if anything.

Prodigy

I'm a little indifferent towards it...

But I'm surprised for the big 50th they left the logo design up to a competition and didn't have their own world class designers working on this. Have they done this before?

Ricky35

Notice Ford didn't actually say this would be the logo on the 50th Anniversary Mustang tho, just on items celebrating the anniversary :shrug:

Sponsored

KZStang

Too plain for a emblem, but I think it's minimalist and clean enough for hats, shirts, other merchandise. If they have to put it on the exterior (would prefer it not), I'd like to see something like this. Sorry it is embarrassingly crude, just slapped it together at work. I removed the "years" closed the gap between the horse and font, and a tiny bit of color wouldn't kill anyone.

Ford Mustang 50th Anniversary.jpg
50year logo2.jpg

hawkeye

Not a terrible idea but I would move the positioning of the stripes. Maybe work it into the 50 somehow. Agree that simpler is better tho - they should get rid of the "years"

DarkAgent10

Yea looks a bit like a saddle. How about even more minimalist and put it on the tail?

groundnpounder

I wouldn't mind owning some swag with the logo. They release anything yet?
Sponsored