Sponsored

50th Anniversary 2017 Shelby Super Snake Unveiled!

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I have a ton of NOS parts. Rear fenders, bed sides, tail gate, running boards, grilled, brake drums, interior and exterior pieces, etc. I don't need them as my truck is solid with no rust at all, but I buy everything now for my year that I come across.
That's awesome, while most of the stampings from the aftermarket are ok, there is no comparison to the NOS in terms of fitment accuracy and quality. The difference even in the thickness of the sheetmetal is substantial.

NOS is great because most of the front and rear fenders are all rusted to shit wherever the running boards attached.
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Very, very true. My crystal ball doesn't go out that far.

However, refer to Voodoo's previous post about a recent GT-H sale....
The GT-H for $100k plus was car #001 owned by Shelby himself. The GT350H was 1966, so yeh it's a classic and during the prime of Shelby cars.

Plus these new ones are after Shelby died. Who knows how that will affect value in the future

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
One car was owned by Shelby. The other was not. Both brought more than its original valve.
I don't see why some of you are negative about the car gaining in value in the future. I'll be honest, I don't buy a car for an investment. But as I said even cars from the 80s & 90s are going up in value. They are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Not a 50th Anniversary Edition........but this BEAST turned up at our local (UK) meet today.

It's been built by Bill Shepherd Mustang, the UK's official Shelby Mod Shop and it was this car that was displayed at last year's Goodwood Festival of Speed.

It's in 850hp tune. We can argue all night about whether a SuperSnake is worth the money (this one cost just under ÂŁ90k......and even with today's exchange rate, that's a lotta $$!!!)....but you can see how we were all swooning over it!

:love:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
If it says Shelby on it, it'll hold or gain in value regardless.
Someone mentioned Shelby is dead, so is Babe Ruth.

Sponsored

TikiGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Honestly, who doesn't want that^..?

Ironically, it seems like it is the PRICE that most people are butthurt about. Anything over $70k isn't about cost/performance...

Plus, these are limited and not really for people who buy cars off lots.
Exactly. People also can't seem to grasp these aren't marketed to the diy in the garage type. It's a one stop and done. When you break down what labor would be it's not that far fetched either.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Honestly, who doesn't want that^..?

Ironically, it seems like it is the PRICE that most people are butthurt about. Anything over $70k isn't about cost/performance...

Plus, these are limited and not really for people who buy cars off lots.
The gripe is it's not much better than the 350 except power.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
You can argue it back and fourth. Yes, even I said that it will be a GT with Shelby parts and a big tag. In truth its cheaper than I thought it would be. Also a good point brought up is you are getting a car with everything done. S/C are easy to install, but I for one hate doing suspension, so its worth it for that IMO.

In the end the point still remains that it has the Shelby nameplate and registry number. For some, that means a lot and people will pay a lot to have it. BtW I like the SSnake in the above pic more than this version. never was a fan of that SSnake hood on the newer 5.0's

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You can argue it back and fourth. Yes, even I said that it will be a GT with Shelby parts and a big tag. In truth its cheaper than I thought it would be. Also a good point brought up is you are getting a car with everything done. S/C are easy to install, but I for one hate doing suspension, so its worth it for that IMO.

In the end the point still remains that it has the Shelby nameplate and registry number. For some, that means a lot and people will pay a lot to have it. BtW I like the SSnake in the above pic more than this version. never was a fan of that SSnake hood on the newer 5.0's
I agree. The price point is better than thought.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I think the Super Snakes are 50 state emission legal. That is worth quite a bit and must cost SAI a bunch of money.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I'd trade both my cars for this one in black!!
And I got just as much $ in the base GT/PP as I do my GT 350
IMG_3218.jpg

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
So this is literally ford performance parts slapped in at a hefty premium with cosmetic bits added. Yawn.
to me the 2013 supersnake with the wide body looks better,and has the better motor.this is nothing more than a mustang gt with parts.:tsk:
Sponsored