Sponsored

50th Anniversary 2017 Shelby Super Snake Unveiled!

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Performs better or is faster? Their is a significant difference becuase I am sure this SS faster.
It also probably depends on which track it is HP/handling, straights vs bends
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
It also probably depends on which track it is HP/handling, straights vs bends
True but I have no doubt that even on a majority of road courses it will be faster just for the power/wight ratio and advertised grip. Having said that and without driving the car (SuperSnake) I am sure the GT350 is the better performer in terms of handling, balance and smiles per gallon.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Nice GT with a body kit you have there. Echo echo echo echo... sounds the room it sits in is empty of resale value.

Lostnthewoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Explorer
Supersnake? Really? This has absolutely no connection to the twin supercharged 427 Cobra of the same name. Mr. Shelby my condolences to your legacy.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
As soon as you put some 18x11's on for track use you'll be glad it has the 3" studs.
That's amazing. I have 11x19 forgelines ga1R with pilot sport cup 2s 305/30 and don't think I need 3" long studs. ARP makes shorter ones also. I doubt many if any at all will track this car. I'm sure it'll over heat before a lap or two is done.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
That's amazing. I have 11x19 forgelines ga1R with pilot sport cup 2s 305/30 and don't think I need 3" long studs. ARP makes shorter ones also. I doubt many if any at all will track this car. I'm sure it'll over heat before a lap or two is done.
So true! SC's worst enemy, HEATSOAK! Just ask C7 Z06 owners

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Like I said earlier, that CSM number is gold down the road. Not many seem to get that.....

I know damn well I could build a better car for less. Any of us could. But at the end of the day (or a decade) it wasn't built at SA, it won't be in the Shelby World Registry for posterity, and it won't be worth shit.

Some car collecting folks care about these things.....

A few years back my Dad was looking into buying a '68 GT500. A quick check with the registry told him everything there was to know about the car, including current ownership. Instant provenance.
It's all a gamble. No one has any clue if current day cars will be collectible in 50 years the same as they are now for the 60s cars.

Further with everything made of plastic and cheaply vs old school will they even last 50 years.

Same way people who bought the 1964 LE 2015 mustangs thought they are worth all of this money and paid more for them

Buying a current model year car as an investment is a piss poor long term investment to begin with.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It's all a gamble. No one has any clue if current day cars will be collectible in 50 years the same as they are now for the 60s cars.

Further with everything made of plastic and cheaply vs old school will they even last 50 years.

Same way people who bought the 1964 LE 2015 mustangs thought they are worth all of this money and paid more for them

Buying a current model year car as an investment is a piss poor long term investment to begin with.
Very, very true. My crystal ball doesn't go out that far.

However, refer to Voodoo's previous post about a recent GT-H sale....

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And if it would have been some random fastback modded by Joe Blow it wouldn't have been worth squat.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Modern cars will also be collectible. People are already collecting 80s and 90s cars and those were the worst years of all.

During the 1960s and 70s people also never thought those cars would be of any value either. Same goes for guys that were of the 30s, 40s and 50s. I have an all original (original paint, interior, engine, drivetrain, glass, etc) 1956 F100 with a 272 V8 Y block with 4 speed on the floor that's been appraised for $35000.00 I've been offered more and turned it down. Trucks have really went up in value in the last few years and keep climbing. The more original a vehicle is the better.
The only things not original on my truck are..
Tires, battery, muffler and pipe, brake lines and fuel lines.
Even the bed wood is still solid and original.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42553&highlight=1956+F100

Last edited:

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Modern cars will also be collectible. People are already collecting 80s and 90s cars and those were the worst years of all.

During the 1960s and 70s people also never thought those cars would be of any value either. Same goes for guys that were of the 30s, 40s and 50s. I have an all original (original paint, interior, engine, drivetrain, glass, etc) 1956 F100 with a 272 V8 Y block with 4 speed on the floor that's been appraised for $35000.00 I've been offered more and turned it down. Trucks have really went up in value in the last few years and keep climbing. The more original a vehicle is the better.
The only things not original on my truck are..
Tires, battery, muffler and pipe, brake lines and fuel lines.
Even the bed wood is still solid and original.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42553&highlight=1956+F100
I've owned 3 of this generation, 2 54's and one 56. 56 is the most desirable because of the one year only with the nicer glass and the first year for 12V, i personally had a soft spot for the 54 because of the design of the grill that year, i always thought the two parts on the grill looked like fangs.
ba53589f574c1d555129094765f0e95d.jpg

None of mine were originals all had been changed over the years. My plan was to build a hot rod. I had built the chassis, boxed the frame, mustangII front end air bags all around, had an engine built, all that was left to do was plumb brakes/fuel lines/ air lines and get her painted and it was done. Then my daughter came along and we moved to michigan and i sold off the project. Someday i will get another one although i worry by the time I'm ready the prices will be outrageous.

The nice part about the trucks a few years ago is that they could be had for fairly cheap (less than 10K), you can buy everything you need from LMC, they are easy to work on and with a little time you can have a pretty cool driver. Popularity is picking up though and i don't think the deals are going to be around much longer

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I've owned 3 of this generation, 2 54's and one 56. 56 is the most desirable because of the one year only with the nicer glass and the first year for 12V, i personally had a soft spot for the 54 because of the design of the grill that year, i always thought the two parts on the grill looked like fangs.
ba53589f574c1d555129094765f0e95d.jpg

None of mine were originals all had been changed over the years. My plan was to build a hot rod. I had built the chassis, boxed the frame, mustangII front end air bags all around, had an engine built, all that was left to do was plumb brakes/fuel lines/ air lines and get her painted and it was done. Then my daughter came along and we moved to michigan and i sold off the project. Someday i will get another one although i worry by the time I'm ready the prices will be outrageous.

The nice part about the trucks a few years ago is that they could be had for fairly cheap (less than 10K), you can buy everything you need from LMC, they are easy to work on and with a little time you can have a pretty cool driver. Popularity is picking up though and i don't think the deals are going to be around much longer
I have a ton of NOS parts. Rear fenders, bed sides, tail gate, running boards, grilled, brake drums, interior and exterior pieces, etc. I don't need them as my truck is solid with no rust at all, but I buy everything now for my year that I come across.
Sponsored