Sponsored

50th Anniversary 2017 Shelby Super Snake Unveiled!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Ok I want to know a few things.
1) At the 16 second mark, since when has the s550 had wheel bearing dust caps? Unless the GT's have them I guess ok. But the GT350's do not. And yes I know the gt350s have different front and rear wheel bearings. Not to mention all the pics of the super snake have ARP studs. The 16 second mark shows stock studs.

2) At the 1:03 mark, that's a pretty positive engaging shifter there. Reminds me of my old top loader and Jericho DR4 transmissions. Never heard that in a rail shifter before.

3) Sounds a lot like a flat plane crank sound clip to me.

4) I'm disappointed that they are using a separate parking brake caliper.
Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
So instead of ford performance doing real work for the GT350's they helped SA do this?
WTF
Ford performance sucks.
No transmission/differential coolers for tech base guys.
No larger throttle body's like they said.
No track key like they said.
Nothing they said ever happens.

Borla made the exhaust. That's a plus.
Tuners made tunes. That's a plus.
DSC makes a magneride controller. That's a plus.
ARH & Kooks make headers. That's a plus.
Mgw makes a awesome shifter. That's a plus.
Dss makes a 1 piece carbon driveshaft. That's a plus.

What's ford performance make?
One GT350 driver side specific oil catch can.
Pos shifter that's junk and over priced.
Springs that are soon to be available but still every week I call FP and keep getting the same answer from all the guys. "Call back in another week" we still don't know anything about the springs. But! You can place an order for them at your dealer. Here's the part number!
Yeah just what I want. To order springs that I have no idea what the rates are or how much they lower the car!
FP made and cleared 50 state emissions for 4 performance packs. A much larger market exists for the GT's and EB's than the GT350. I realize its not mutually exclusive to provide for multiple cars, but there has to be an assessment of bang for the buck when it comes to resource allocation and market impact.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
FP made and cleared 50 state emissions for 4 performance packs. A much larger market exists for the GT's and EB's than the GT350. I realize its not mutually exclusive to provide for multiple cars, but there has to be an assessment of bang for the buck when it comes to resource allocation and market impact.
I know all about the larger market. The point is they published the performance parts for the gt350 over a year ago.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
1) At the 16 second mark, since when has the s550 had wheel bearing dust caps? Unless the GT's have them I guess ok. But the GT350's do not.
Yes, S550s (besides GT350s) have a wheel bearing dust cap.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
While we're on the subject on target audiences and marketing, did anyone notice that every reveal image of the 18 Mustang featured some trendy hipster millenials in almost every shot, strutting their new world fashion and tight man pants? I doubt any of those models would be buying a $40,000 car, let alone a Mustang.
With corporate America embracing political correctness, this is what you get. The hipster crap annoys me and ruins some otherwise great shots. I'd much rather see an attractive woman sans the "Instagram" style or the lame "I'm a man and can grow a beard" crap.

2) At the 1:03 mark, that's a pretty positive engaging shifter there.... Never heard that in a rail shifter before.
Exactly how I was thinking when I saw that shift "clunk, clunk." That was awful.

And I'm all for aftermarket wheel studs, but the studs (look to be ARP) shown here are ridiculously long. Make that stupid long.

attachment.jpg

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The first Shelby GT-H they made were cool as hell. But that was back in 2006. Not a buyer anymore .

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
A GT350H on bj sold today for $97K

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
With corporate America embracing political correctness, this is what you get. The hipster crap annoys me and ruins some otherwise great shots. I'd much rather see an attractive woman sans the "Instagram" style or the lame "I'm a man and can grow a beard" crap.

Exactly how I was thinking when I saw that shift "clunk, clunk." That was awful.

And I'm all for aftermarket wheel studs, but the studs (look to be ARP) shown here are ridiculously long. Make that stupid long.

attachment.jpg
Exactly! They should of used the shorter ARP studs. This picture you snap shot reminds me of Ben Hur's chariot

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
A GT350H on bj sold today for $97K
You are talking about a 1966 not a 2006 right. Because there were executive 2006 GT-H cars that were not rented. Low mileage. Under 100 miles.
As a side note down @ Daytona and looking forward to seeing the Mustang GT4 @ the conti race.

Last edited: