Sponsored

50th Anniversary 2017 Shelby Super Snake Unveiled!

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Red Fire GT Shaker 1000
Man, there are a lot of Shelby bashers on here. I just don't get it. The great thing about this country is that you have choices. If you don't want one, don't buy one. I see comments like "boring" or they just slapped a Shelby badge on it and installed a supercharger. I don't see Roush bashers or Steeda bashers on here and they generally do the same thing. Shelby is an iconic brand and the performance on their cars are really really good. So many "keyboard car designers" on here that think their ideas are better. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but some people on here are just over the top. I personally like all the variations of all models of our beloved Mustangs.
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Just give me the fog/brake duct surrounds.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Seriously...

Not going to waste my time reading the press release. Other than 50th anniversary badging, is there anything that's actually unique about this, compared to all of the other Mustangs Shelby offers...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Man, there are a lot of Shelby bashers on here. I just don't get it. The great thing about this country is that you have choices. If you don't want one, don't buy one. I see comments like "boring" or they just slapped a Shelby badge on it and installed a supercharger. I don't see Roush bashers or Steeda bashers on here and they generally do the same thing. Shelby is an iconic brand and the performance on their cars are really really good. So many "keyboard car designers" on here that think their ideas are better. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but some people on here are just over the top. I personally like all the variations of all models of our beloved Mustangs.
Nicely put.

Of course someone could build something similar themselves, cheaper too. But that's not the point. Ford clearly believes in the Shelby brand, as was clear by what was said in the live reveal.

Steeda Q750, Roush Stage 3, Shelby SuperSnake...........I'd find it tough to choose between the 3, but I'm really glad there is a choice :)

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Red Fire GT Shaker 1000
Nicely put.

Of course someone could build something similar themselves, cheaper too. But that's not the point. Ford clearly believes in the Shelby brand, as was clear by what was said in the live reveal.

Steeda Q750, Roush Stage 3, Shelby SuperSnake...........I'd find it tough to choose between the 3, but I'm really glad there is a choice :)
I couldn't agree more TT. :cheers:

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I take it that the mt82 getrag is used and a stock gt clutch, because the transmisson specs arent explained other than a shifter. Its a shame they cant at least give the 6060 trans. :frusty:

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Another great thing is the ability to express ones opinion. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Much better than what Ford unveiled earlier this week *cough* Mustang 2018 *cough* in the looks department, although I still like the GT350 more than any other Mustang variation/model year of this generation (S550).

Performance numbers sound interesting, though.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It doesn't work like it does with the GT350. You buy a GT from your dealer and then its sent to Shelby American to be converted into a SuperSnake. I believe you can even finance it all through your dealer :)
Sounds like a more reasonable way to go. If the dealers were selling them after the mods, I'm sure they'd be raping everyone with ADM.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Gaaah back again with the mesh grille held in with rivets!

I'm sorry but it looks so cheap and trashy...2001 called and wants their "sick custom parts" back.

However..the 1.2G on a skid is impressive...it seems they actually did do some custom engineering on the suspension/wheel/tire combo to help get there.
Agreed. And the stripes. Common... branch out. I know it's just a sticker but... yikes. And the front bumper... needed to be different than stock. Hell, get Steeda's bumper on there to at least up-class it a bit. Ahwell... not something that'd make me run to the dealer to pay ADM. :tsk:

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
If you want to play a fun game, check out the engine compartment and see how many times you can count the word "Shelby"
Sponsored