Sponsored

50th Anniversary 2017 Shelby Super Snake Unveiled!

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
So? It's a 5.0 just like the GT. Slap a supercharger on your GT and some suspension bits/FRRP half shafts and you're right there performance wise for $20k or more less. That 10.9 is the upgraded supercharger, so even more $.

The issue is Shelby used to mean something. The old Super Snake was a huge 5.8 liter supercharged engine and then modded further by Shelby to 850hp. It wasn't just a GT with a blower slapped on and badged as a Shelby. It was the big badass of the bunch that you could not replicate in your garage.
10.9 is not boring.
Maybe not a big deal getting the hp level......but not boring.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Man, there are a lot of Shelby bashers on here. I just don't get it. The great thing about this country is that you have choices. If you don't want one, don't buy one. I see comments like "boring" or they just slapped a Shelby badge on it and installed a supercharger. I don't see Roush bashers or Steeda bashers on here and they generally do the same thing. Shelby is an iconic brand and the performance on their cars are really really good. So many "keyboard car designers" on here that think their ideas are better. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but some people on here are just over the top. I personally like all the variations of all models of our beloved Mustangs.
I agree that people absolutely have a choice -- but we shouldn't pretend Shelby is an iconic brand for the sake of tradition... Shelby WAS and iconic brand. The early Shelbys are some of the most sought after cars. They were something that no one else offered, or could do in their garage for even close to the price.

Shelby has become a badge, and the name is losing its prestige. Their upgrade lists consist of Shelby stickers, badges, anniversary plates, tacked on body parts, and go fast bits out of the Ford Performance catalog. They charge a premium because that badge is on the car. There is no innovation.

Instead of defending them, we should demand better, and they will be forced to deliver better. You don't hear the same about Steeda or Roush because they never claimed to be what Shelby is trying to sell.

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I was hoping that it was going to be a proper shelby not a bolt on kit like Roush

[MENTION=24758]white880[/MENTION] sorry mate your big dog car has now been usurped by a bigger more limited dog, I would be having words with MM if I were you

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
in all seriousness this is going to happen every year. Its effectively like HSV. They will bring out a newer better faster model.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
ARP wheel studs.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
That video of the car was hilarious.

"Ok now we need some shots of you guys doing car stuff, pick up that cut off wheel and start cutting that random bolt, we want people to think that instead of just buying the bolt in the right length that we will use the longer ones we have lying around and just cut a bit off them, for 36K thats what we do"

(scene at 1:51 in the video)

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
That video of the car was hilarious.

"Ok now we need some shots of you guys doing car stuff, pick up that cut off wheel and start cutting that random bolt, we want people to think that instead of just buying the bolt in the right length that we will use the longer ones we have lying around and just cut a bit off them, for 36K thats what we do"

(scene at 1:51 in the video)
:lol:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I hope this isn't that one car that was "supposed to hold us over" till the new GT500 comes out!!! :tsk: :mad: :tsk:
I like it, but I don't love it nor do I want it.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
So instead of ford performance doing real work for the GT350's they helped SA do this?
WTF
Ford performance sucks.
No transmission/differential coolers for tech base guys.
No larger throttle body's like they said.
No track key like they said.
Nothing they said ever happens.

Borla made the exhaust. That's a plus.
Tuners made tunes. That's a plus.
DSC makes a magneride controller. That's a plus.
ARH & Kooks make headers. That's a plus.
Mgw makes a awesome shifter. That's a plus.
Dss makes a 1 piece carbon driveshaft. That's a plus.

What's ford performance make?
One GT350 driver side specific oil catch can.
Pos shifter that's junk and over priced.
Springs that are soon to be available but still every week I call FP and keep getting the same answer from all the guys. "Call back in another week" we still don't know anything about the springs. But! You can place an order for them at your dealer. Here's the part number!
Yeah just what I want. To order springs that I have no idea what the rates are or how much they lower the car!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
It's a nice-looking car. It has the Shelby name and 50th significance. It's all finished, for those who don't want to part together a car by themselves.

And, it Performs!

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
My stock ruby red 15 looks better than these snakes. Now I did dig the 2 tone seats and who wouldn't want a supercharger right?
Sponsored