Sponsored

50th Anniversary 2017 Shelby Super Snake Unveiled!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Yeah, fat old dudes.

While we're on the subject on target audiences and marketing, did anyone notice that every reveal image of the 18 Mustang featured some trendy hipster millenials in almost every shot, strutting their new world fashion and tight man pants? I doubt any of those models would be buying a $40,000 car, let alone a Mustang.
I noticed that too, "Kenneth don't spill mocha on the leather!"

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I noticed that too, "Kenneth don't spill mocha on the leather!"
"GOD DAMMIT BECKY. GET YOUR UGGS OFF MY SEAT" or "THIS INTERIOR IS TERRIBLE. IT NEVER MATCHES MY FLANNEL SHIRTS AND I CAN'T SEE MY BEARD FROM THE MIRROR" OR "THE ROOFLINE IS TOO LOW, I CAN'T USE MY SELFIE STICK".

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
That's the market Ford is targeting however..trendy, techno savvy and image conscious young adults with money.

In a not so shocking revelation..that's the market they targeted with the original Mustang..young professionals that were image focused.
They will bust on that attempt. That group is using their parents' money or a trust fund, and currently barristas at an enthusiast coffee joint next to an all day bar/slam poetry lounge. And the image they want to associate themself with is not a Ford, but a Tesla or equivalent EV to compliment their chique double wide (tiny house). None of my succesful friends fit into the hipster genre. That's probably only a bubble that exists in places like California, Portland, and Austin, Texas.

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
um? I don't read anywhere that there is a voodoo engine in that for $40K upgrade? it's a GT with parts? um ok.. no. $65K gets you a gt350. Now if this was a 2018 and had a voodoo for $70K they might have some thing. Correct me if i'm wrong but can't you buy a GT for 32K and ford will slap a supercharger on it for 8K and warranty it? Add some shelby stickers and a stripe you can get 650HP for 40K? ok my .02$ noone wants, but i'd take the GT350 all day long over this.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
If I had the $$$$ there would be no hesitation
Same sentiments, if $ was not an object I would be on this in a heart beat!

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
:thumbdown:

Same 'ol, same 'ol.

Super snake......new?:doh:

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
Didn't the '13/'14 Super Snake have 850hp? Seems like we're going a little backwards in power here... Anyway, I'll have the blue one with the white stripes, cause it's still faster than my '16 5.0

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
10.9 seconds...........?
So? It's a 5.0 just like the GT. Slap a supercharger on your GT and some suspension bits/FRRP half shafts and you're right there performance wise for $20k or more less. That 10.9 is the upgraded supercharger, so even more $.

The issue is Shelby used to mean something. The old Super Snake was a huge 5.8 liter supercharged engine and then modded further by Shelby to 850hp. It wasn't just a GT with a blower slapped on and badged as a Shelby. It was the big badass of the bunch that you could not replicate in your garage.

Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Did I miss the OPG replacements?

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So? It's a 5.0 just like the GT. Slap a supercharger on your GT and some suspension bits/FRRP half shafts and you're right there performance wise for $20k or more less. That 10.9 is the upgraded supercharger, so even more $.

The issue is Shelby used to mean something. The old Super Snake was a huge 5.8 liter supercharged engine and then modded further by Shelby to 850hp. It wasn't just a GT with a blower slapped on and badged as a Shelby. It was the big badass of the bunch that you could not replicate in your garage.

Every company in America has risk management assessment. Hence the watered down versions of factory sports cars for the masses

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

if only. sadly though there are people they keep using them to make these shelby cars...(it's a stupid gt vin) and somehow they are staying in business. is what it is. someones buying it...but very few and i mean very few super snake or gte owners on this forum and facebook group if at all so I guess it's older crowd who keeps them in business.

I just can't imagine spending more than 20k on a modified gt over a gt350.