Sponsored

500 WHP, N/A on 93 octane, possible?

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ran with my neighbor super loud with stickers 2018 Mustang a few months ago because he was looking for me apparently. He said he loves N/A and I do too, but he’s slow as shit. I can’t find him anymore though and if I do, I’ll smoke that loud N/A again.

Good luck OP. You got this 500 rwhp
Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’m assuming buying all of the n/a parts can get you there.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'll ask it since no one else did. Why 500whp? You seem like a track guy from your posts, so wouldn't shooting for a certain lap time be a better goal? 475 whp with better tires, and suspension mods will rape 500whp on shit tires and stock suspension. I stand by my claim before, LTH, tune, tires and some suspension mods would likely make you just as happy or happier. Hell, throw in a 4.10 gear as the above poster mentioned. That help get you out of the turns better.

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Fair question. No particular reason, I currently have a car that has roughly 400 WHP and weighs about the same as the Mustang so I figured 100 more WHP would be nice. Not very rational is it?
I'm not shooting for lap times to boast about, for me okay, yes, quicker lap times are better.
As to suspension, no the car won't stay stock. My prior car has solid subframe bushings, monoballs, shim kit to replace eccentric adjustors, mono-tube shock system with remote reservoirs and R-comp tires. That car is now 12 years old and has 160K miles. (For all you guys with blowers, are you getting that kind of life out of your motors?) But, this is just for fun/challenge not trophies or racing. Do I like corners more than straights? Yes!

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Fair question. No particular reason, I currently have a car that has roughly 400 WHP and weighs about the same as the Mustang so I figured 100 more WHP would be nice. Not very rational is it?
I'm not shooting for lap times to boast about, for me okay, yes, quicker lap times are better.
As to suspension, no the car won't stay stock. My prior car has solid subframe bushings, monoballs, shim kit to replace eccentric adjustors, mono-tube shock system with remote reservoirs and R-comp tires. That car is now 12 years old and has 160K miles. (For all you guys with blowers, are you getting that kind of life out of your motors?) But, this is just for fun/challenge not trophies or racing. Do I like corners more than straights? Yes!
The rational is fine. I suggest taking the car as it sits now to a track your familiar/comfortable with and see where you think it is lacking. Digest the experience, then put together a plan of attack. That is just my opinion though. I still think powerwise a tune, and LTH's would be a solid start and make for a noticeable difference.

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Or go the other N/A option (nitrous assisted). I‘ve had two supercharged Mustangs and both were a lot of fun, but for my S550, I chose nitrous. My car made 639 whp and 602 wtq on a 150 shot and I have about $4100 in my setup.
Nitrous is certainly not normally aspirated.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Nitrous is certainly not normally aspirated.
Correct; that’s why I said the other N/A (acronym). I just wanted to put it out there that it would yield better results (more power) than cams, intake, head work etc. for far less than N2O (especially if labor is involved).

Last edited:

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Correct; that’s why I said the other N/A (acronym). I just wanted to put it out there that it would yield better results (more power) than cams, intake, head work etc. for far less than N2O (especially if labor is involved).
Ahhh, I got ya. I think he is talking road racing, not sure if nitrous would be a realistic option for that.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ahhh, I got ya. I think he is talking road racing, not sure if nitrous would be a realistic option for that.
Yeah, that’s true. He’d have to save it for the home stretch or risk running out. That’s if it would even be allowed in road racing.
Sponsored