$50 Amazon gift card to the first person that figures this "misfire" issue out

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
GHOST misfires are common problem with longtubes. I see it all the time. If you are sure plugs and fuel are good have them reduce misfire sensitivity and be done. This is also very common with the DW pump. It gets very hot and honestly is not a great option for what you are doing. This is what causes the hard starts.
I am not 100% sure it isn't bad fuel... when this started happening I filled up the tank... with shell gas 93 drove to the airport 60 miles... then drove home 60 miles... car seemed fine both ways... it had about 1/2 a tank left in it. I did a hard 2nd gear pull to about 7400 RPM... after that is when I started noticing these issues... I added some octane booster and filled the tank with Mobile 93 and it ran a little better... I ran that down to 3/4 installed a new tune from PBD and it is running better but not 100% there yet... I sent new logs over to PBD last night. I have attached those logs... the site will not let me upload CSV... so I had to save it as a xlsx
Sponsored

Attachments

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
The long hot starts are probably from the DW400 pump not having a check valve.

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The long hot starts are probably from the DW400 pump not having a check valve.
you are correct,,, but it went from somewhat long... as expected with the DW400 (for three weeks it was running this way) to crazy long overnight... the starter now even "times out" sometime and I have to hit it a second time to start the car. Cold starts are about the same... time wise.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
My Paxton car was acting similar and it was an issue with the maf. Did it run correctly at one point in the same time you are on now? Is the coolant level constant? I would do a compression test.

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a 12 second video of what is going on... Rob i
My Paxton car was acting similar and it was an issue with the maf. Did it run correctly at one point in the same time you are on now? Is the coolant level constant? I would do a compression test.
yes, it did run correctly... I will check the coolant level, the plastic overflow is very full... what it is doing is a classic sign of a maf going bad... I would think the tuner would be able to see that? it should show in the logs right? How can you test for that? I would think that would throw a code too right...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
here is a 12 second video of what I and dealing with...
If you turn up the volume you will hear the sputter at the beginning.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Put stock pump in. Need to eliminate aftermarket pump as the culprit.

Have you reset your idle control after installing your tune?

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do I reset idle controller? The only thing I can find on the is let it idle for 1 min with the AC on... the that the trick?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Can't remember what it's called exactly but it's a thing in your tune device that you can reset all that.

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes, I think it is the KAM or CAM... there are only two picks... and I tried that too...

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do I reset idle controller? The only thing I can find on the is let it idle for 1 min with the AC on... the that the trick?
Im not too sure yet that pump and booster seem a little suspect but i dont know forsure what it is or isnt doing.
I also called DW support... they told me that Voltage Boosters sometimes cause issues with their pumps and for the HP I have I don't need one. So I am going to bypass that tonight and see what happens.

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE75A095-AF64-4BB8-BBB6-8E6BB2F8B317.jpeg
Im not too sure yet that pump and booster seem a little suspect but i dont know forsure what it is or isnt doing.
I dis connected the booster bypass still feels the same .... my installer cut the plastic tubs will the dw400 one fit into this? I watched a video last night and it looks like I can use the DW400 tubs to connect to the factory fuel pump. I will give it a try tonight.

Last edited:

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Double check the porcelain on the spark plugs! I had same issue and looked over it twice, they had hairline cracks in them!

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Double check the porcelain on the spark plugs! I had same issue and looked over it twice, they had hairline cracks in them!
Thanks for the feedback... They looked good and I even replaced all the plugs while I had them out.

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E003C0F6-7EB9-45A8-944B-8D15F28CE082.jpeg
coolant level was high and took some out ... I also did a compression test today too... I think the results look good ...
Sponsored