Sponsored

5 Years of Mustang Bliss

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, technically tomorrow, but I doubt I'll have time to do this tomorrow! 28th November 2015, was Ecoboost collection day, and arguably my favorite moment from the whole Mustang experience. It's been a while since I've done a long, rambling post but approaching the 5 year mark has made me reflect on life with the Mustang.

There's been some challenging times as some of you will know, but all in all it's been better than I ever could have imagined, fair to say that it's changed my world and changed me in the process. I was just 28 when I collected the Ecoboost on that cold (and snowy) November morning! It was far outside my budget for buying a new car, but I was fortunate enough to be able to save and as it was my dream car, it was a bit of a no brainer to save up and spend that extra bit - list price was just ÂŁ28,995!!!

I could write for hours on the many great experiences I've had but all I'd like to say right now is that I'm grateful for how this car has shaped my life over the past 5 years, it's given me a lot of confidence - which was a big thing for me, and I've made a lot of lifelong friends.

Upgrading to the GT was something I never thought would happen, and despite the pain in the ass warranty drama, it was hands down the right decision, and I have no regrets at all. As always, I'm excited for what adventures and experiences the future will bring.

A special mention to this forum as well, it was and still is a big part of the experience for me, always entertaining and probably the reason I know some of you personally, so thanks for making this a great place.

2020 has been a crappy year for a lot of people for a lot of reasons, but I'm looking forward to 2021 and fully intend on getting to as many meets and events as possible! And maybe squeezing in a mod or two!

Pics of collection day and the car as it is now!

IMG_3971.jpg
20200916_161901.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Here’s to the next 5 years! Is she is a keeper?
Well i said the ecoboost was a keeper at one point and look what happened lol

I think so though. If i do move one, it will no doubt be another Mustang, i do quite like the mach 1! Or maybe i’ll look in to a classic

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I'm glad you've focused on the positives of Stang life, that you're reaping the rewards & that you take a good picture.
It helps maintain the general enthusiasm I get via this forum.

It's nice to see folk enjoying their choice of car.
:like:

Last edited:

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well i said the ecoboost was a keeper at one point and look what happened lol

I think so though. If i do move one, it will no doubt be another Mustang, i do quite like the mach 1! Or maybe i’ll look in to a classic

I’ve had mine for 3 years. Time flies when you’re having fun! Still love it. But I’m getting itchy feet...

The problem is where do you go after a Stang? I cant abide the German prestige stuff. Competent but desperately dull, plus all the elitism that goes with those big brands. Nor am I keen on chavvy hot hatches. Theyre all good cars, just lacking the Stangs character I guess.

Cant see much point in spanking 50k on a newer version of the Stang, so I think I’ll stick with my Stang.

Its a shame the GT350/GT500 never made it over here RHD as that would be a tempter. I can’t see that ever happening given Euro emissions.

Keep your Stang photos to show your Grandkids! Or better still, keep the Stang well preserved and garaged up, as Boris’s 2030 ICE ban isn’t that far away...

Make hey while the suns shining...

Sponsored

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
I’ve had mine for 3 years. Time flies when you’re having fun! Still love it. But I’m getting itchy feet...

The problem is where do you go after a Stang? I cant abide the German prestige stuff. Competent but desperately dull, plus all the elitism that goes with those big brands. Nor am I keen on chavvy hot hatches. Theyre all good cars, just lacking the Stangs character I guess.

Cant see much point in spanking 50k on a newer version of the Stang, so I think I’ll stick with my Stang.

Its a shame the GT350/GT500 never made it over here RHD as that would be a tempter. I can’t see that ever happening given Euro emissions.

Keep your Stang photos to show your Grandkids! Or better still, keep the Stang well preserved and garaged up, as Boris’s 2030 ICE ban isn’t that far away...

Make hey while the suns shining...
I feel exactly the same way. There's nothing you can get that's remotely as special/exciting without spending a lot more money or getting something 10+ years old with the risk of big bills.

I reckon she's a keeper.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Snap. I will be at 4 yrs on Dec 15th and despite needs changing to a more dog friendly caravan towing vehicle, I can’t bear to part with the mustang. The £28k I could get from selling it lands me into very risky range rover territory, sans warranty etc.
For the £36k I paid new, I couldn’t get anything that resembled a real GT or full size SUV without dripping into the > 5yr old used market. Even the new GT costs more than I would be prepared to pay for a mustang now. Just makes you appreciate even more what a bargain it was new.
On a side note I bought mine on pcp which I have just paid off. They have beaten the market with higher residuals than the pcp predicted:
Market value ÂŁ28k
Vs
Pcp buy price ÂŁ14.5k

so if I were to sell for market value that means it would have only cost ÂŁ2k /yr in depreciation, or to put it another way, including tax, insurance and servicing approx ÂŁ300/month or the lease price on a basic boring 1.5L hatchback from vw

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Completely agree, the 15-17 Mustangs were great value for money. That the residuals are so good shows they are still a desirable car. With the low servicing costs, road tax only ÂŁ140 a year etc, there is nothing than can compete when it comes to bang for buck.

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Totally agree. Had my GT since mid 2018. Great value per BHP and smiles per mile! Can’t believe that it will be MOT time in 2021...

Sponsored

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Just about to buy S550 number 4! I am without a car at the moment while my order for a Mach 1 goes in and the car gets here. So, am I tempted to look elsewhere for that money at something else. Nope, there is nothing that pulls me like the Mustang, you can get better build quality, nicer interiors and more luxury, but nothing like the smile and noise. Mach 1 will be a keeper for me.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Still happy with my 2018 EB which I expect to keep for at least 5 years

LokiS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for great write up Kristian, I know how you feel. I personally have owned several v8s and German performance stuff but my Mustang is here to stay. It is a very expensive disease I have as I usually change my car within 2 yrs (I'm 57). I have now owned her just past the 2 year mark and have no intentions to sell. Great to read a positive post on ownership, thanks for sharing .
Sponsored