Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Thing is we have a culture problem. You shouldnt have to lock your doors to the house. You shouldnt have to chain your bike to the pole. You shouldnt have to worry if you left some tools in the bed of your truck. Only reason you should have to do any of this is for safety of children, etc. Our punishments dont fit the crime. And what I mean by that is everything in life is a risk vs reward.

We have people with assets they have worked for, families they care about, etc. making the punishments. Well being locked up for 5 days to someone like that is a huge setback vs being locked up for 5 days to someone who doesnt have any of that, doesnt care to ever have any of that, 5 days doesnt mean shit.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The pendulum has swung too far in the wrong direction in many aspects of American society, but still, you'd think there would be some semblance of enhanced anti-theft features on these Shelbys while at the plant...

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Oh well. They can always produce more. I assume Ford has insurance in case of incidents like these.

I wonder what the plan was for the cars. Maybe have them shipped to some far flung corner of the world. I wonder if Ford has the capacity to disable the cars remotely if they ever popped up via the 4G modem or wifi connection in Lebanon or someplace.

Or perhaps stripped for parts but that seems like a waste since these were literally brand new.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Oh well. They can always produce more. I assume Ford can just adjust pricing so that the rest of the consumers can absorb this

I wonder what the plan was for the cars. Maybe have them shipped to some far flung corner of the world. I wonder if Ford has the capacity to disable the cars remotely if they ever popped up via the 4G modem or wifi connection in Lebanon or someplace.

Or perhaps stripped for parts but that seems like a waste since these were literally brand new.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I wish crime was punishable by death. Honestly it would stop the mindset oh I won’t be caught and if I do itl be minimal punishment
That would make life interesting wouldn't it? I hate to say it but I agree with this sentiment. Someone just scammed my father out of $7500 with a phone scam. When I called back the # to see if it was a spoofed number he started to talk smack on the phone. Dropping F bombs, telling me he already had the money etc.

All I would ask the judge is to put me in the room with the person. Pay no attention to my military service or any other extenuating circumstances. Put me in a room with him for 10 minutes. If he survives he goes free. If not, well then our tax dollars pay to bury him and not incarcerate him.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I wish crime was punishable by death. Honestly it would stop the mindset oh I won’t be caught and if I do itl be minimal punishment
There is absolutely no reason someone found guilty of murder beyond a reasonable doubt should be able to take another breath after 24 hours of the verdict. This should also be true for repeat violent offenders. You will not eliminate all murders or violence with this method as there is no method that will, but the numbers would drop dramatically.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Clearly Ford views this occurrence as an acceptable loss, since it has happened before and they have not taken any effective steps to mitigate the risk. If they want an excuse to raise prices they have plenty of things to choose from. They are already changing their entire business model anyway. Fixed prices, no inventory, electric and ICE brands separate.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Clearly Ford views this occurrence as an acceptable loss, since it has happened before and they have not taken any effective steps to mitigate the risk. If they want an excuse to raise prices they have plenty of things to choose from. They are already changing their entire business model anyway. Fixed prices, no inventory, electric and ICE brands separate.
Yep. Ford overly cares less as they will make their profit from insurance.

What sucks is if any were orders or pre arrivals already under contract.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Ford overly cares less as they will make their profit from insurance.

What sucks is if any were orders or pre arrivals already under contract.
blows my mind. mayor lightfoot told them dont pursue them too during all this.

Sponsored

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder about Ford's security. But then, do these cars have FordPass that enables tracking? I worked in Saudi Arabia a few times. Thieves over there had their left hand removed the first time they were caught. The second time, well let's say the punishment was much more severe.

Reactions: MCS

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder about Ford's security. But then, do these cars have FordPass that enables tracking? I worked in Saudi Arabia a few times. Thieves over there had their left hand removed the first time they were caught. The second time, well let's say the punishment was much more severe.
im fine with this.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=robberies+malls

also california, a lot of areas leave their cars entirely unlocked and open because smash and grabs..
Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 1.06.05 PM.png

problem is if we defend our property/physcially stop/and they defend we beat them up or shoot them. we are now the people being charged and they are victims, and everyone ignores the crimes they committed

I always hear the argument 'material items aren't worth hurting people over' so let them steal it. Ooooookay. so no way to defend yourselves against it?

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Somehow, Newton's 3rd law of motion could be implied into law enforcement... Sit passively while we're robbed of our hard work or do something about it

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
it is not the punishment of the committed crime that's the issue. Its actually getting a conviction on that crime, and then getting that punishment.
Classic example that happened in the county I worked in a previous life
Same judge same month

Person 1- no criminal history. First ever offense. DUI causing death
Sentence-20 year Flat no opportunity for Parole must serve sentence

Person 2- extensive violent criminal history, known drug dealers hitman, premeditated murder, on camera using the deceased victims credit card at local gas station after the murder....
Sentence-5 year chance of parole at 3, was dropped down to a manslaughter and was also able to get the weapon charge dropped as well.

Its not the punishments that need revising its the way the justice system works.
the people who commit these crimes and are in the system know that it makes no difference the crime you commit, its all about what back door deal you can make to plead down.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
it is not the punishment of the committed crime that's the issue. Its actually getting a conviction on that crime, and then getting that punishment.
Classic example that happened in the county I worked in a previous life
Same judge same month

Person 1- no criminal history. First ever offense. DUI causing death
Sentence-20 year Flat no opportunity for Parole must serve sentence

Person 2- extensive violent criminal history, known drug dealers hitman, premeditated murder, on camera using the deceased victims credit card at local gas station after the murder....
Sentence-5 year chance of parole at 3, was dropped down to a manslaughter and was also able to get the weapon charge dropped as well.

Its not the punishments that need revising its the way the justice system works.
the people who commit these crimes and are in the system know that it makes no difference the crime you commit, its all about what back door deal you can make to plead down.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, the light bulb just went off when I saw the comparison. I'm just leave this here and now go hide in the aluminum basement so They can't get me!

Person #1 could have killed a Judge, a Senator, a Banker, a Businessman etc. We can't have the peasants thinking that this is acceptable because one day the law of averages will kick in and one of the elite will get smacked down hard. Throw the book at him and bury them so deep they will never see the light of day.

Person #2 knew their target and nobody else was going to get hurt (for this particular crime). I'd be willing to go so far as to say that the deceased may not have been any person the Elite would consider a person of import. Peasants taking out other peasants don't concern the Elite. As long as it doesn't affect the tax base, the revenue stream or the money machine. Slap on the wrist and then let them out to get some more of the peasants!
Sponsored