OP
OP

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Enough is enough.....

Sometimes it only takes a phone call. :)

This is indeed a CROSS PLANE CRANK period.

I called MAST myself.

Ill go one step further and say this engine is being developed to UN LS SWAP a Mustang for Cortex Racing and put a Ford back under the hood!!

:headbang:

Necessity breeds invention LOL!!
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Enough is enough.....

Sometimes it only takes a phone call. :)

This is indeed a CROSS PLANE CRANK period.

I called MAST myself.

Ill go one step further and say this engine is being developed to UN LS SWAP a Mustang for Cortex Racing and put a Ford back under the hood!!

:headbang:

Necessity breeds invention LOL!!

Hmm, they shouldn't call it a Voodoo then.

OP
OP

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
My opinion is that Voodoo is in reference to the FPC engine. Both the Voodoo and the Coyote share the same block architecture meaning they are essentially interchangeable. Yes there are differences but nothing that couldn't be overcome with parts choices. Not like the difference between Mod motor or a small block.
No they do not share the same block.

Google 5.2 voodoo block they are not the same as the 5.0s

Edit on that note too if you put GT350 heads on a 5.0 block the pistons become shrouded because the bore and combustion chamber is different on the Voodoo engine than the 5.0

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
My opinion is that Voodoo is in reference to the FPC engine. Both the Voodoo and the Coyote share the same block architecture meaning they are essentially interchangeable. Yes there are differences but nothing that couldn't be overcome with parts choices. Not like the difference between Mod motor or a small block.
Heads and blocks interchange.
Heads are very different.
Blocks are different.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
No they do not share the same block.

Google 5.2 voodoo block they are not the same as the 5.0s

Edit on that note too if you put GT350 heads on a 5.0 block the pistons become shrouded because the bore and combustion chamber is different on the Voodoo engine than the 5.0
Heads and blocks interchange.
Heads are very different.
Blocks are different.

I understand the Coyote and Voodoo differences from top to bottom, been following since the beginning. Voodoo was born from the Coyote. You can take every component from the voodoo engine, minus the crank, cams, and computer, and build a Coyote from it. Ford has done that in fact, and they sell it from their Ford Performance catalog.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I understand the Coyote and Voodoo differences from top to bottom, been following since the beginning. Voodoo was born from the Coyote. You can take every component from the voodoo engine, minus the crank, cams, and computer, and build a Coyote from it. Ford has done that in fact, and they sell it from their Ford Performance catalog.
Because the parts are interchangeable does NOT mean they are the same........

OP
OP

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Man you people are going to irritate me and make me dig up a mountian of research. They are not the same. The head studs are different. the cylinders are plasma arc'd the block has different webbing reinforcement.

ford offers 2 different part numbers for the 5.2 and 5.0 blocks.

Wait one while i find a bunch of articles to attach and post here apparently proof needs to be posted. :frusty:

Last edited:
OP
OP

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
The block is the same. The difference comes from the spray-bore cylinders. The thinner wall of the Voodoo is why the pistons become shrouded. The blocks are the same cast. The difference comes after the casting. Spray bore vs iron liners.
No the smaller bore of the 5.0 is why they are shrouded when a wider bore gt350 head is put on a 5.0

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Color me wrong. Too much bad info on the interwebz

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Because the parts are interchangeable does NOT mean they are the same........

I'm not saying they are the same. The block in your car is different than the block in my car, but they are both Coyote engines. The block in a Voodoo engine is definitely enhanced for the higher performance GT350 but that same block can and has been used to build a Coyote engine.

OP
OP

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
So are you saying all LS engines are the same because LS

but they made like a million different versions and part numbers just like the 5.0 and 5.2 have different part numbers thus they are indeed different.

Just wait ive got a bunch of articles bookmarked ive got lots to post tonight once i get a chance today.......

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm not saying they are the same. The block in your car is different than the block in my car, but they are both Coyote engines. The block in a Voodoo engine is definitely enhanced for the higher performance GT350 but that same block can and has been used to build a Coyote engine.
True.

A friend of mine is building a 5.2 CPC engine right now using GT350 heads and block, all else is aftermarket Coyote stuff. I plan to do the same sometime down the road.

The GT350 heads are known to work on a 5.0 shortblock even though it's not as optimal as the larger bore 5.2 block. They do offer a bump in power, as FRPP's testing has proven. I'm toying with putting the heads and intake on my 5.0 as sort of a Phase 1 as money permits since it's known to work, with the 5.2 shortblock to follow.

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It doesn't say that anywhere.
It’s common knowledge that any time a motor is stroked it is balanced.
Sponsored