5.2/GT350 heads/3.2KB/Tremec-148 mph 1/4 mile/10.03-video

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Car was lifting heads on that dyno pull .

So I tried again on a different dyno with an updated tune with less timing ....still lifting but a little better .
I went back to the 3.5 pulley and it was better but definitely still lifting .
As a last ditch effort we we removed the covers and retorqued the head studs (using a special tool) . We then made another pull but it did not make much difference.

So I had decided to swap new motor and sell (like the Hellion car )

First had car cleaned up at body shop and had quick lock bumper release installed .

I decided to have “last blast” with the motor today hooning around and made multiple pulls seeing 19-20 psi .... no coolant loss and does not seem to be spraying any ????

Hmmm. May be I can get a pass or two out of this motor (and that 9 ?) before new engine goes in .

Like the Hellion car once new motor goes in no more racing it .
0557F1B2-B140-4BB8-A229-07C8193BE75B.jpeg
160F9D31-09C3-4300-AC62-7BCCCD31B341.jpeg
73436BA8-067E-4236-84BF-C2AFB430969A.jpeg

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Even has the interior clean for the first time . Lol
38E6D9C2-0786-421A-BF33-DA6EDC9BCA4A.jpeg
863527BD-EB22-4D18-B4FF-8C7DC5BB2325.jpeg

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine bay needs some work . Lol
4ED7DFDF-6F7E-4021-AB32-1FDF93A71DF4.jpeg

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I could sell it as is and include freshly built uninstalled motor...for same price as with new motor installed , I would .

Buyer gets 2 motors so they have a spare .lol

Current motor seems to be running strong except for when it was lifting heads on the dyno . Did not seem to be doing it today on the street . I am going to see what it does at the strip .

If I take the motor out I would probably have it -all checked out, block decked ,converted to use 12 mm head studs ,refreshed with new bearings and list if for sale.

Of course buyer will have option to buy that too but it would be cheaper for them if they bought it still in the car (with the spare motor included )

Also found out buddy had installed the set of brand new heads( not the used ported ones with the trick flow springs ) with stock springs .

I have set of PAC springs to install if /when the block comes out .

I had bought the PAC springs thinking I would install them in the 5.0 long block I just assembled but found out those heads were the ones that were ported and had the trick flow springs

Sponsored

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
You've had some luck with this car man...
Definitely sucks you never got to see what you wanted out of it

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Good luck with the sale!!

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brought this back from the dead .
still have the damn car .
new motor is in but had to come out again due to oil pressure issues (wrong restrictors in the heads)

While it was apart decided to upgrade the stock GT 350 springs to MMR
Still having issues with power falling of after 3500 .Not sure if it’s a valve spring issue or coils . Plugs have been checked .

I was considering doing a TH400 swap and going all race car but if I have to have the motor pulled again considering swapping in 10r80/Gen3 motor combo on hand ... just add turbos . 2
LOL
Any thoughts .? I might need the Magnum XL eventually in my GT 350 and if I ever get that roller fox busy I can use this motor in it with a TH400.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Bud, you are going in a million different directions. A solid plan is needed. Looks like simple mistakes are being made because of some sort of frantic rush. All these engines with vary degrees of issues, different cars etc. Hard to keep up with on this end. I cant imagine your end. Anyway, not knocking but just saying take a step back and make a plan. Then implement it so we got something else cool to check out here at 6g!

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol sure sounds like you are knocking

yes , I have 4 cars and they have all have different set ups but not sure how that means I am going in 100 “million different directions”

Not really driven this one much for a while or taken it the strip as it’s too damn hard with the manual. I always planned to do an auto swap some point .

A dedicated drag car Is also something I have always considered hence the thoughts on the roller .

Sorry if you have a hard time keeping up but no problems on my end ...

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
lol sure sounds like you are knocking

yes , I have 4 cars and they have all have different set ups but not sure how that means I am going in 100 “million different directions”

Not really driven this one much for a while or taken it the strip as it’s too damn hard with the manual. I always planned to do an auto swap some point .

A dedicated drag car Is also something I have always considered hence the thoughts on the roller .

Sorry if you have a hard time keeping up but no problems on my end ...
Seriously, dont take it the wrong way. Ive tried to keep up but could not. Easy for you to track, but with 4 cars, 2 different engines each, 3 things you want to do to each, this motor in, that motor out and now a fox possibility, that's like 476 scenarios. LOL. I can assure you that if there is another member on here that has all these things under their thumb, they are def more attentive than I. Again no disrespect, i want to keep up but im having trouble doing so.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know you mean well so no offense taKen but I think you maybe exaggerating a tad .

it’s really quite Simple .

1. GT350 /whipple . Already has built motor , no additional plans except more boost but I have couple of spare engines ... just in case .

2. 15 GT with Hellion TT /built motor /6r80 . It’s done and have no additional plans .... Has spare short block ... just in case . listed for sale but no bites so happy to keep it rather than give it away

3 18 GT/6 rib whipple - stock motor and plan to swap built motor /10 rib and trans with extra clutches at same time . Have couple spare motors .... just in case . Not sure what I will do with the stock motor when its pulled but I am sure I will think of something

4. And this one will end up some point with auto swap .I am leaning towards Gen3/10r80 swap since already have the parts .

None of the above have safety gear and don’t think I want to cut them up .... hence idea to build one with all the “extra stuff “ I already have lying around . I would rather have TH400 in that if it’s a dedicate race car .

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I know you mean well so no offense taKen but I think you maybe exaggerating a tad .

it’s really quite Simple .

1. GT350 /whipple . Already has built motor , no additional plans except more boost but I have couple of spare engines ... just in case .

2. 15 GT with Hellion TT /built motor /6r80 . It’s done and have no additional plans .... Has spare short block ... just in case . listed for sale but no bites so happy to keep it rather than give it away

3 18 GT/6 rib whipple - stock motor and plan to swap built motor /10 rib and trans with extra clutches at same time . Have couple spare motors .... just in case . Not sure what I will do with the stock motor when its pulled but I am sure I will think of something

4. And this one will end up some point with auto swap .I am leaning towards Gen3/10r80 swap since already have the parts .

None of the above have safety gear and don’t think I want to cut them up .... hence idea to build one with all the “extra stuff “ I already have lying around . I would rather have TH400 in that if it’s a dedicate race car .
TH400 and never look back ;-) Still fun on the street also and manual cars are really easy to convert