Sponsored

5.2/GT350 heads/3.2KB/Tremec-148 mph 1/4 mile/10.03-video

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Sweet. Youre right there. MPH is there. Why is it every time I wanna hear a car in a drag video the car in the other lane is loud as h#'ll
Sponsored

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
As I have said before ,I am thinking of listing both 15's.

I just don't think my heart is in to drag racing like I used to be( years ago I would go 2-3 times a week, driving to different tracks) .

I may have lost my nerve but don't feel safe running these speeds without safety gear. My local track wont let me make more than one pass anyway and I don't have the zeal to drive to les strict tracks(also tired of paying tow 100 miles home. Lol).

I have too many cars really and need to really start putting my disposable cash away.... rather than putting them in to this money pits.

I figure since car is running great may be time to cut my losses.
I may try once or twice for that 9 when I have the 4.09 swapping in.

This is not a for sale thread but wanted opinions as I prepare to list the car.

This is a draft below of my planned sales pitch.

Fully built supercharged 2015 GT/base/Magnum XL for sale.
Why wait for the GT 500 when you can have supercharged / built cross plane 5.2 with GT 350 heads now …. and with 3 pedals
All for less than a GT 350 and a little more than a loaded 18 GT.
14000 miles on body (2000 miles on new motor and 4-5 passes)
Engine
MMR Gen 2 Pro Mod Block - 5.2 liters -handles up to 2000HP

Forged Factory Boss 302R Crankshaft, Race Prepped

Manley BILLET I Beam Rods w/ARP 7/16 2000 bolts

Manley Forged Piston CR 11:1

9310 Piston Pins
Total Seal AP Steel Piston Rings

Clevite Race Rod and Main Bearings

ARP Main studs

ARP block side bolts.
ARP Head studs/Ford racing 5.2 head gaskets
MMR billet OPG/CS
GT 350 heads/stock cams /MMR modified rocker arms/Head cooling mod
Billet Cylinder Head Block Dowels-Locates cylinder head & gasket more precisely to minimize head gasket failure
All new TiVCT Timing Chain, tensioner & guide kit.
SHD Secondary Chains.
MMR Billet Secondary Tensioner Bracket.
Stock oil coolers deleted –MMR oil cooler /relocation kit-uninstalled available-

Fuel-
ID1300
JPC return fuel system with x 3 walpro fuel pumps (in car fuel pressure gauge)

Boost- 3.2 Kenne Bell/8 rib/20 % ATI damper. 3.75,3.5 and 3.25 inch pulley.
19 psi with 3.75 pulley.
Cooling- 5 gallon ice tank with ligenfelter high flow water pump.

Exhaust- Stainless works 1 7/8 long tube headers. Custom 3 inch exhaust/H pipe - with electronic cut outs/SVE axle back

Drive line/rear end
RXT twin disc clutch
Race prepped Magnum XL.2.66 first gear
One piece DSS drive shaft with safety loop
Ford racing 1400 HP axles.
4.09 gears
Steeda –vertical links
Steeda- IRS brace/lock out kit
BMR adjustable toe links
Ford racing LCA bearings.

Suspension.
BMR drag springs
Viking warrior adjustable shocks
Koni yellow adjustable struts.

Brakes-
Baer rear and front drag brakes ( will come with 15 race star wheels with slicks and 15 inch front skinnies)
Stock 4 piston front brakes/rear-painted red included.

Interior
GT 350 steering wheel
Corbeau Fx1 seats-driver and passengers.
Rear seat delete.
Stock base seats available,
Unique 2 cluster gauge pod- oil temp/oil pressure.
X3 vent gauges (plenty of air flows out the sides)-boost gauge/fuel pressure/E85 sensor.

Exterior-Big worm racing stripes/APR splitter with struts.
Lower grill delete
5.2 custom exterior badges-

Tires/wheels
AMR wheels 18x9/18x10(pretty beat up)
Nitto 555 255/45 and Brand new Nitto 555R 305/45.
Choice of 15 inch race stars/slicks and 15 front skinnies
Tuned by Lund- Naguge.
WOT box-with 2 step and NLT
950-1000 RWHP with 3.75 pulley
Best of 10.0@145.

Asking $55K

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Constructive suggestions welcome ,including prices since this is not a for sale thread..... yet.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope I did not make a mistake with the 4.10's.

I made 2 attempts at a pass today and it was spin city cutting high 1.6x 60 ft times .
Spins 1-2 as well .It was still spinning in second gear making the car a real handful.

First try I had to short shift to third and missed:frusty:.

The second try I had to lift in second gear as car was out of shape (very close call)!

I don't think the 27 inch quick time pros are going to work anymore as I had the pressure down to 15 psi .
They are probably done as well as they were not even picking up rocks like they used to after short burn out .

Last time out with the 3.31 rear ended they dead hooked leaving at 4000 rpm off the 2 -step.I have driven them a bit on the street so I am sure that has not helped .

Next time out I am going with a 28 inch tire . I will first try my ET R's mounted on 15 inch Welds and will have my old Hoosier slicks on 17 race stars as back up .
I may need to lower the 2 -step also . I don't think have the balls to run the psi below 15 .

Shoot ... I thought I had mastered the car with the 3.31's , running consistent 10.0- 10.1 and thought 9's were going to fall into my lap with the 4.10's...... :frusty:

Going to take a lot more seat time figurig out this new set up:shrug:

I may play around with the shock setting or have to upgrade the warriors to the crusaders .:frusty:

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
How did the EWP pump work out for you, were you able to do the 1" lines to KB intercooler. Did the IAT2 temps reduce with it and what sensor do you log for IAT2. I've read where your saying not sure the IAT2 data you were getting was real.

I also did the EWP high flow programmed pump on my whipple setup. All 1" lines and fitting even at the intercooler however the inner tubes to the IC are chocked down .625". That EWP is a monster and took a lot of creative plumbing to get air put of the system and get a clear column of water flowing.

Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
With my slicks, I was able to clutch dump at 4500 on 2-step. I suggest those next time.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
It's so much fun when you think you have something figured out, and realize you are more lost than you were before. I have learned over time to not let one track outing dictate whether something worked or not, especially when playing with a tire limited combo. Sometimes the track just plain doesn't work. Seat time, seat time, seat time.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
With my slicks, I was able to clutch dump at 4500 on 2-step. I suggest those next time.

What slicks? 27" Hoosier? Next purchase with wheels and tires...

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
It's so much fun when you think you have something figured out, and realize you are more lost than you were before. I have learned over time to not let one track outing dictate whether something worked or not, especially when playing with a tire limited combo. Sometimes the track just plain doesn't work. Seat time, seat time, seat time.

I agree 100%, seat time!

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did the EWP pump work out for you, were you able to do the 1" lines to KB intercooler. Did the IAT2 temps reduce with it and what sensor do you log for IAT2. I've read where your saying not sure the IAT2 data you were getting was real.

I also did the EWP high flow programmed pump on my whipple setup. All 1" lines and fitting even at the intercooler however the inner tubes to the IC are chocked down .625". That EWP is a monster and took a lot of creative plumbing to get air put of the system and get a clear column of water flowing.
Yes, my installer set it up with 1" fittings/tubing all the way to the intercooler.

I confirmed that the readings are post compressor IAT2 with the KB set up.

On a warm day without ice I saw peak IAT2's at the end of a 148 mph/19 psi pass down from 160+ to 135- so yes , the EWP flows like a fire hose. On the street(driving to the track) with current temps ,the water heats up fast and once its hot :frusty:
see below(green line).
I am having trouble with water splashing out(even with the lid on) and wonder if that's what is spinning my tires as the track said I was dripping at the end of the pass.
IAT.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What slicks? 27" Hoosier? Next purchase with wheels and tires...
Below is the mph log of a previous 10.1 pass. I assume the mph dips at the shifts because tires are spinning even with the 3.31's/27 inch Hoosier quick time pros(bias ply). Only had to shift twice:cheers:
As they are now they have no chance really with the 4.10's.

The 28 inch ET R's I am going to use are bias ply.

I think its going to be hard, especially at your power/2,97 first gear( I have 2.66) to make a 27 inch tire work even when new with the 4.10's.
mph.jpg

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

True . I just need to figure out this combo all over again and its going to take time and.......Probably also broken parts with the stick. I was looking to get rid of the car and just want that 9.99 before I list.

To be honest, I don't really think I still enjoy drag racing a stick...... its just so damn hard! yesterday the strip was packed .... I got to make 2 blown passes in 4 hours. And I always consider it a "win" just for being able to drive it home and not on a flat bed(not going ever get a truck/trailer).

With my auto cars I am usually done and satisfied after 2-3 passes as the car is going to "run what its going to run".
You also actually get to enjoy the pass. When I do make a successful pass in this car.... its over before I know it as you are focusing so much on getting things right. With the auto--- you just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Honestly if I was keeping the car I would just put in a TH400 and be done it with it .
I would say the Magnum does make it a fun street car especially with the 4.10's.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)