Sponsored

5.0 knocking and dealer says it’s normal

Ant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150 STX Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Let us know if the 2k rattle goes away... 🤞

They finished the job and the rattle is still there. Didn’t change anything about the rattle. The tech also must have left something loose because now there’s lean codes and it’s not driving properly so it probably has a vacuum leak somewhere. Needless to say I should have left the rattle alone and just dealt with it but it was worth a shot to try to get them to look into it lol. They at least tried to do something and didn’t blow me off saying it’s normal so I thought maybe they were on to something. Car is still at the dealer.
Sponsored

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
X2 bottles of ceretec on oil change and use good 5/30 oil. I also send a sample off
To Blackstone Labs. It’s only $30 and they send you back a report and that way you can monitor if you actually have something slowly failing or if something is wearing way faster then it should etc and its a good piece of mind. Or just do as most do and Put longtube headers on and run e85 and no more pinging and you can’t hear any ticking haha.. 😂

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
They finished the job and the rattle is still there. Didn’t change anything about the rattle. The tech also must have left something loose because now there’s lean codes and it’s not driving properly so it probably has a vacuum leak somewhere. Needless to say I should have left the rattle alone and just dealt with it but it was worth a shot to try to get them to look into it lol. They at least tried to do something and didn’t blow me off saying it’s normal so I thought maybe they were on to something. Car is still at the dealer.
Yeah that’s why I never asked about mine. I think ripping into a good engine is not worth the risks of them effing something up. I’ll live with my rattle.

Sponsored

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
The rattle is just the sound of the injectors used for direct injection. Theres some BMW's that sound like a diesel. Definitely should have just left it alone, you wont get rid of it unless you somehow convert your mustang to port injection only. A lot of direct injectors are piezo and they have solenoids that are pretty noisy. Not sure what kind the mustang uses.

Ant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150 STX Sport Crew Cab 4x4
They are replacing my engine under warranty.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual