5.0 Diff Cover is Cooler Ready

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Some weird videos magically appearing from the same guy on youtube. I can't tell due to the straps what the exhaust actually looks like but the Diff cover has a plug and a drain meaning it's ready for a cooler and circulating pump. Alumium cover, but hard telling if diff is actually steel or aluminum, no rust yet :)

Oh and the 15" Brembo's are huge. Happy they are black, not a fan of the "Look at me" painted caliper look, it's like saying "How cool am I? my car has disc brakes...in case you didn't know, I'm kind of a big deal".

The mufflers look like they could stand to skip a meal, a lot of mass. From what I could tell from the video this is someplace in TX, or at least the Tow truck is.

Mustang Underbody shot.jpg
Sponsored

RoryTate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Hate the video quality of the potatoe he's shooting with, love the new details.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Hate the video quality of the potatoe he's shooting with, love the new details.
I'm mainly annoyed he used that stupid YouTube Video Stabilizer crap that makes things look like flubber.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
As long as the diff has a sufficient fluid capacity I doubt an external cooler would be necessary or even useful. A finned cover would do the trick for most people.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Some weird videos magically appearing from the same guy on youtube. I can't tell due to the straps what the exhaust actually looks like but the Diff cover has a plug and a drain meaning it's ready for a cooler and circulating pump. Alumium cover, but hard telling if diff is actually steel or aluminum, no rust yet :)
The diff is aluminum on autos and steel on manuals.

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
The diff is aluminum on autos and steel on manuals.
Yes, aware of that, my point was it is a PP car so technically it should be a manual and why I said no rust yet :)

I'll wait to see what mine is when it comes in.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
That cover isn't anything specific to an external cooler.
The original mule that showed us the IRS for first time had a finned cover on it similar to the B302. That cover has since disappeared for cost reasons. You can expect it back later on for the special model (GT350,SVT/whatever).
For serious track use, this car will need a diff cooler (solid axle cars just expand into the axle tubes, and then out the vent cap). Hopefully there is a kit from Ford under development, along with the finned cover - but probably not until after it's a production piece.

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
That cover isn't anything specific to an external cooler.
The original mule that showed us the IRS for first time had a finned cover on it similar to the B302. That cover has since disappeared for cost reasons. You can expect it back later on for the special model (GT350,SVT/whatever).
For serious track use, this car will need a diff cooler (solid axle cars just expand into the axle tubes, and then out the vent cap). Hopefully there is a kit from Ford under development, along with the finned cover - but probably not until after it's a production piece.
Oh, I was just thinking a handful of JIC fittings, some hose, a pump and a heat exchanger. A finned cover really isn't needed with a HE and the extra fluid capacity. Finned covers do look racy tho.
Sponsored