5.0 50k miles overdue for oil change.

Rojito_95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT PP1/MT82, 95 F-150 XL "custom"
Just read through this thread and I gotta say, OP keep up with your maintenance please lol
on the bright side the little glimpse of your internals from the oil cap is surprisingly clean lol, definitely inspect the filter though, theres a pdf a few posts back showing how to cut open the filter with out contaminating the filter media. basically you just cut it close to the base and you'll be fine, I'm interested in seeing the oil analysis, also kinda surprised there wasnt a low oil light of some sorts but either way looks like the 'yote is pretty tough lol

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Let's not forget he was going to change the freeze plug on the wife's truck, so that could be taking up quite a bit of time. A couple of things the OP has stated make me say, "what the heck". Annual car washes, come on.....since he obviously doesn't care about the car, why not go through a 5-minute car wash. I can't believe anyone is that busy, even with a football team of kids they couldn't go through a carwash....heck that would give them 5 minutes away from all the kids and time to think about an oil change. WHY/HOW is that engine still running if it only had a couple of quarts of oil in it?

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Let's not forget he was going to change the freeze plug on the wife's truck, so that could be taking up quite a bit of time. A couple of things the OP has stated make me say, "what the heck". Annual car washes, come on.....since he obviously doesn't care about the car, why not go through a 5-minute car wash. I can't believe anyone is that busy, even with a football team of kids they couldn't go through a carwash....heck that would give them 5 minutes away from all the kids and time to think about an oil change. WHY/HOW is that engine still running if it only had a couple of quarts of oil in it?
Yes haven't you been paying attention? It will take him ~50,000 miles (3-5 years) before he takes care of the freeze plug, then he will post pictures of his oil filter.
Check back in 2026. :crackup:

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I agree; I was being sarcastic :thumbsup:

OP
OP

DIB_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT: PP and Recaros
Hey guys, sorry for no update for so long. I fixed the freeze plug on my wife’s truck, then 2 days later it blew the freeze plug at the back of the block. I lacked a place to drop the trans to get to it, and the coolant was milky so I bought a new truck. I’ve been running full synthetic and changing the oil and filters on time.

I’ve moved not long after my last update (lost the old oil filter in the process, sorry guys) and just finished a new house on my new property, so I’ve been quite busy.

I was driving my S-10 to keep miles off of the Mustang, but my brakes went out so I have been driving the Mustang daily. Just rolled over 102k, been changing the filter and oil every 5k-8k (Wal-mart brand oil, Motorcraft filter). My wife called me at work today with good news, she is closing on a big real estate deal.

I spun a rod bearing on the way home. Gonna fix my S-10’s brakes this weekend. Keep up on your preventative maintenance folks.

Last edited:

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Hey guys, sorry for no update for so long. I fixed the freeze plug on my wife’s truck, then 2 days later it blew the freeze plug at the back of the block. I lacked a place to drop the trans to get to it, and the coolant was milky so I bought a new truck. I’ve been running full synthetic and changing the oil and filters on time.

I’ve moved not long after my last update (lost the old oil filter in the process, sorry guys) and just finished a new house on my new property, so I’ve been quite busy.

I was driving my S-10 to keep miles off of the Mustang, but my brakes went out so I have been driving the Mustang daily. Just rolled over 102k, been changing the filter and oil every 5k-8k (Wal-mart brand oil, Motorcraft filter). My wife called me at work today with good news, she is closing on a big real estate deal.

I spun a rod bearing on the way home. Gonna fix my S-10’s brakes this weekend. Keep up on your preventative maintenance folks.
Do you check the oil level every 500 miles atleast? I change mine every 3k but I drive my car hard and it has 800 rwhp.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
As Spanky would say,…..Remarkable.

Last edited:

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The fact it lasted another 50k is amazing!

Sponsored

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
It was back around 1992/93 that the company I worked for had a Ford E-350 delivery van fleet of 10.
They all were super vans all heavy-duty with 351 V-8's, each had an assigned driver who was responsible for seeing that every week it was evaluated on overall condition and servicing.

A new hire, who had supposedly worked as a delivery driver for several years prior had a brand new van assigned and he drove it for about 18 months , when one day the engine locked up solid.
The van had 59,000 miles on the clock, and turns out this driver NEVER had the oil changed, he just added oil occasionally when it started to eat it.
What was left of the oil upon inspection of the removed oil pan was a very stiff thick grease like substance made from the oil and whatever contaminants the engine produced over the short hard life of this engine.
One of the excuses given for this lack of common sense was , nothing, just a shrug of his shoulders and" I have another job lined up and I was leaving anyway".

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Some folks need to be handed a bus pass, and keys taken away from them.
Sponsored