460 rwhp AED E85 Tune otherwise stock to air filter

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Correct. As of the last time I spoke with him, this is the case. Shaun is a big advocate of E85 at the minimum.
I wish i had e85 near me ): I'd be able to go something like another 100 hp with my setup. Ugh!
Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I wish i had e85 near me ): I'd be able to go something like another 100 hp with my setup. Ugh!
Have you looked into using fuel finding apps such as Alternative Fuel Finder or Gas Buddy? I have them and it works great.

Last edited:

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
E85 specific - but the Flex Tune which I also have was essentially identical - the graphs basically sat on top of one another. The exhaust smelled like water vapor. I may try that filter.

I think a good set of light, forged wheels would be a better investment than headers. But I'm biased against headers.
Why not do both let the bald eagles scream brother :rockon:

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Why not do both let the bald eagles scream brother :rockon:
New wheels I can put on by myself - with headers I am at the mercy of an installer, and that job is a PITA even under the best of circumstances. In my youth I chased every chunk of power and I have had enough money pits in this life- now I think "that money can go toward the down payment on my next car".

The short answer to your question is "I'm old"

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
New wheels I can put on by myself - with headers I am at the mercy of an installer, and that job is a PITA even under the best of circumstances. In my youth I chased every chunk of power and I have had enough money pits in this life- now I think "that money can go toward the down payment on my next car".

The short answer to your question is "I'm old"

Hahaha, see post #5 :crackup:

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
E85 specific - but the Flex Tune which I also have was essentially identical - the graphs basically sat on top of one another. The exhaust smelled like water vapor. I may try that filter.

I think a good set of light, forged wheels would be a better investment than headers. But I'm biased against headers.
Did the E85 tune make more down low vs. The flex?

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Surprisingly no - the graphs were practically identical
That's interesting. With the timing down low I've seen on the E85 tune, its crazy- makes me think it has to be making more. Butt dyno felt a lot more powerful down low too, vs. The flex tune.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I saw K&N mentioned above, to qualify, every car I have has K&N including the wife's CTS. In the near future there is a GT with the PP2 package coming my way.
Looking @ cold air systems, K&N being the first considered . I happen to see a Roush offer, seeing it on the Summit page @ 500$, dropped back to the K&N offering.

Still reading around, found that Roush has the cold air induction, with a Level 1 performance boost add on. Yes it is pricey, but appears to be the way to go.

As another member has posted, chasing HP can be a challenge. Getting all the parts matched, back in the day. Today's computer managed and monitoring systems are already tuned well as sold, Do the wrong thing, installing parts that does not match, without tuning the EMC, one will only go slower.

Each arrives at a performance level with different philosophies to get there. Trying to point out that not only is the hardware important, the EMC is always the other half.

Pep

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I saw K&N mentioned above, to qualify, every car I have has K&N including the wife's CTS. In the near future there is a GT with the PP2 package coming my way.
Looking @ cold air systems, K&N being the first considered . I happen to see a Roush offer, seeing it on the Summit page @ 500$, dropped back to the K&N offering.

Still reading around, found that Roush has the cold air induction, with a Level 1 performance boost add on. Yes it is pricey, but appears to be the way to go.

As another member has posted, chasing HP can be a challenge. Getting all the parts matched, back in the day. Today's computer managed and monitoring systems are already tuned well as sold, Do the wrong thing, installing parts that does not match, without tuning the EMC, one will only go slower.

Each arrives at a performance level with different philosophies to get there. Trying to point out that not only is the hardware important, the EMC is always the other half.

Pep
You will LOVE the PPL2. Skip the CAI and head straight for a supercharger. It is the power you crave. You will like your mew stang even more!

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Have you looked into using fuel finding apps such as Alternative Fuel Fider or Gas Buddy? I have them and it works great.
Also, just check out the actual stations, the one near me that made me get a Flex tune isn't listed on any E/Alt fuel sites/apps. In fact, not all the pumps even have E85, it's one of those huge mega-stations, and I just happen to fuel up one day at a pump cluster with an E85 option.

FYI, the K&N suggestion above was just the drop-in panel filter, which doesn't change any of the OEM intake/tubing - the latter being super effective on MY18+ cars (including doing a great job of preventing heat soak).

I run an AFE Dry S, same thing, just replaces the stock air filter element (they also make an oiled version like the K&N). Also, some of us remove the little carbon panel that sits in the OEM airbox, it just snaps out (you can use a dremel and clean up the plastic mounting points too).

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Also, just check out the actual stations, the one near me that made me get a Flex tune isn't listed on any E/Alt fuel sites/apps. In fact, not all the pumps even have E85, it's one of those huge mega-stations, and I just happen to fuel up one day at a pump cluster with an E85 option.

FYI, the K&N suggestion above was just the drop-in panel filter, which doesn't change any of the OEM intake/tubing - the latter being super effective on MY18+ cars (including doing a great job of preventing heat soak).

I run an AFE Dry S, same thing, just replaces the stock air filter element (they also make an oiled version like the K&N). Also, some of us remove the little carbon panel that sits in the OEM airbox, it just snaps out (you can use a dremel and clean up the plastic mounting points too).

I understand, there are many simple quick install options . And am now seeing others with a tune bump. Given that Roush has a fair amount of power testing and development behind them. I find, think theirs is a better way for me to go.

I do not get how heat soak is being used as mentioned regarding the induction. That term is usually used in regards to a starter malfunction. When headers are tight and HP is producing a large amount of heat.

Pep

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0

I have heard great things about Shaun at AED Tuning.What was your impression about him tuning the Boosted Mustangs?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the ideas, but I am in Santa Cruz County. We have zero, nada none E85 here, so 91 is it. Im satisfied with my current power level, ut wow, how much fun it would be to live in another area with 93++ and/or e85.

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
I have heard great things about Shaun at AED Tuning.What was your impression about him tuning the Boosted Mustangs?
I don't know first hand but imagine he can tune most anything - but a blower car should ideally be tuned on a dyno - Or are you referring to EB mustangs? I'm sure those are easy to tune remotely. Call him.
Sponsored