Sponsored

44 years and bought my first domestic sports car!

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone, I am a brand new member here and now a brand new Mustang Owner. For many years of my younger life, I had a 2004 Volvo S60R, 2007 Volvo S60R and a 2006 Mercedes C55 AMG. I originally planned on purchasing a Porsche 911 C2S however in 2008 I got laid off during the recession. I found a job in 2010 and once my wife and I found out she was pregnant, I moved into a 2009 Ford F150 Screw and finally into my last vehicle, a 2013 Ford F-150 FX2 Screw.

So as you can see my Porsche plans got put on hold. Fast forward 11 years and now my daughter is going to turn 7 and my wife is driving a 2017 Ford Edge. My 2013 FX2 has 48k on the odometer because I work from home and don't drive it much except with the family. A couple weeks ago I asked my wife if she minded me buying a sports car and she said go for it. So after careful consideration, I planned on either a Corvette, Camaro or a Mustang. I ruled out the Porsche mainly due to the cost of ownership, not the cost of the car.

I drove the Camaro and although I liked it a lot, I hated the visibility. I felt like I was in a tank. I didn't drive a Corvette but realized that I didn't want to have to choose between my daughter or wife to come on a ride with me. Thus I set my sights on a Mustang.

My first quest was a used 2017 GT350 and almost pulled the trigger on one but the extended warranty cost and the issues with the engines spooked me. The AMG engine cost scared me enough when I had the C55 and didn't want to be out of warranty.

So after a thorough search, there were only 2 in the state of Texas and they both were being built. I found one in Baltimore (race red) and one in Alabama and when I requested a OTD price, Alabama won on price and guaranteed me on my trade, and was closer. 3 Days, 1700 miles both ways, (traded in my 2013 truck) and I'm finally back at home with my 2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 with 401a, 10 Speed, Safe and Smart, Enhanced Security, B&O, Active Valve and Magneride. Oh yeah she had 8 miles on her and I paid 46K for her plus TTL.

My daughter has been telling her friends at school that I was getting a Mustang and many responded where we were going to keep the horse. She loves the car and has named her Alice.

GT.1.jpg

GT.2.jpg

GT.3.jpg

GT.4.jpg
Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi everyone, I am a brand new member here and now a brand new Mustang Owner. For many years of my younger life, I had a 2004 Volvo S60R, 2007 Volvo S60R and a 2006 Mercedes C55 AMG. I originally planned on purchasing a Porsche 911 C2S however in 2008 I got laid off during the recession. I found a job in 2010 and once my wife and I found out she was pregnant, I moved into a 2009 Ford F150 Screw and finally into my last vehicle, a 2013 Ford F-150 FX2 Screw.

So as you can see my Porsche plans got put on hold. Fast forward 11 years and now my daughter is going to turn 7 and my wife is driving a 2017 Ford Edge. My 2013 FX2 has 48k on the odometer because I work from home and don't drive it much except with the family. A couple weeks ago I asked my wife if she minded me buying a sports car and she said go for it. So after careful consideration, I planned on either a Corvette, Camaro or a Mustang. I ruled out the Porsche mainly due to the cost of ownership, not the cost of the car.

I drove the Camaro and although I liked it a lot, I hated the visibility. I felt like I was in a tank. I didn't drive a Corvette but realized that I didn't want to have to choose between my daughter or wife to come on a ride with me. Thus I set my sights on a Mustang.

My first quest was a used 2017 GT350 and almost pulled the trigger on one but the extended warranty cost and the issues with the engines spooked me. The AMG engine cost scared me enough when I had the C55 and didn't want to be out of warranty.

So after a thorough search, there were only 2 in the state of Texas and they both were being built. I found one in Baltimore (race red) and one in Alabama and when I requested a OTD price, Alabama won on price and guaranteed me on my trade, and was closer. 3 Days, 1700 miles both ways, (traded in my 2013 truck) and I'm finally back at home with my 2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 with 401a, 10 Speed, Safe and Smart, Enhanced Security, B&O, Active Valve and Magneride. Oh yeah she had 8 miles on her and I paid 46K for her plus TTL.

My daughter has been telling her friends at school that I was getting a Mustang and many responded where we were going to keep the horse. She loves the car and has named her Alice.

GT.1.jpg

GT.2.jpg

GT.3.jpg

GT.4.jpg
How about some inside pictures and some under the hood,also take OFF that ugly dealer sticker on the back bumper !

hailo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I never thought I would like that color till now.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Sweet car man! I just got my GT less than 2 weeks ago too. I had a 2013 Camaro SS I traded in. It was a good car but I tired of the bunker feeling you noted with the gunslit windows. And I felt while beautiful in its day the styling was getting old looking. I too considered a new Camaro though was luke warm on them due to the styling, visibilty and price! They are closing in on the base Vette price wise when looking at a 2SS here in Canada . So then that made me consider a Vette instead. But I like to throw my hockey gear in the car and I fly RC Helicopters as a hobby so I need to be able to carry those on an outing too.

So I woke up 2 Saturday's ago and told my GF I was going to look at a Mustang GT. She was like I never heard you mention a Mustang before to which I replied I have secretly admired them since the 2015 styling change. Test drove it & loved the car & am growing to love it more as I get more used to it including some of the cool features it has. And the A10 in Sport Mode when it downshifts Mother of God!

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Very nice, looks sharp!

Stick around on the forum and she'll be modded in no time :-)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice car I like Magnetic PP1 and 10spd very cool :rockon:

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
How about some inside pictures and some under the hood,also take OFF that ugly dealer sticker on the back bumper !
I'll take some pictures tomorrow. I used the Xpel Tracwrap to ensure I didn't get rock chips and it did awesome. I put it on terribly as there were tons of bubbles but it was over 95 degrees and I just wanted to get something on it to keep it protected. Yup the dealer logo is coming off tomorrow!!

I never thought I would like that color till now.
Oh yeah it reminds me of liquid metal like mercury! Love it

Sponsored
OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet car man! I just got my GT less than 2 weeks ago too. I had a 2013 Camaro SS I traded in. It was a good car but I tired of the bunker feeling you noted with the gunslit windows. And I felt while beautiful in its day the styling was getting old looking. I too considered a new Camaro though was luke warm on them due to the styling, visibilty and price! They are closing in on the base Vette price wise when looking at a 2SS here in Canada . So then that made me consider a Vette instead. But I like to throw my hockey gear in the car and I fly RC Helicopters as a hobby so I need to be able to carry those on an outing too.

So I woke up 2 Saturday's ago and told my GF I was going to look at a Mustang GT. She was like I never heard you mention a Mustang before to which I replied I have secretly admired them since the 2015 styling change. Test drove it & loved the car & am growing to love it more as I get more used to it including some of the cool features it has. And the A10 in Sport Mode when it downshifts Mother of God!
Yeah the one I looked at was a 2019 Camaro 2SS with magnetic ride and active exhaust. Really thought it wasn't bad but the visibility was not great and I couldn't see very well which I didn't like. I also looked at a 1LE but figured I'd rather have the luxury sport which the PP1 Mustang has!

Another Convert...:clap::like:
Yes I am! I'm very excited to be part of the community.

Very nice, looks sharp!

Stick around on the forum and she'll be modded in no time :-)
Well I have enough non-engine mods planned like PPF, accessories etc. That will do me for now.

Very nice car I like Magnetic PP1 and 10spd very cool :rockon:
I like the 10 speed mainly because I live in Austin and the traffic can be terrible. Also I liked that it was faster!

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Congrats I did as you did. I also had a C class.

I have the same car but with the 6 speed. I found this car to satisfy my long burning 911 plans.

I always thought the c55 was a monster until now.

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats I did as you did. I also had a C class.

I have the same car but with the 6 speed. I found this car to satisfy my long burning 911 plans.

I always thought the c55 was a monster until now.
I loved my C55 for the engine but I loved my S60R more. It had an active chassis and with a downpipe it was pretty fast. However the Mustang is a beast in stock form.

C55.1_small.jpg

volutions_small.jpg

thechase_std.jpg

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I loved my C55 for the engine but I loved my S60R more. It had an active chassis and with a downpipe it was pretty fast. However the Mustang is a beast in stock form.

C55.1_small.jpg

volutions_small.jpg

thechase_std.jpg
Remember the crappy Mercedes car phone options?

This is my AVIC video I made years ago which was an awesome solution for the C class

I did love that car though- very comfortable and dependable.

rickdrews5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Prem / PP
Great color choice! Congrats on your new ride.
Sponsored