Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Just for reference, the PTS/Oasis/FMC Dealer information screen about pending and current updates to Sync are garbage. Any information you hear from most dealership employees will be pretty much word of mouth/pass down from the service manager. I would take it all with a grain of salt. Ford SYNC team do a very good job at giving us a "loose" date so they aren't held to any sort of deadline.

Welcome to pretty much all of Ford.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Just for reference, the PTS/Oasis/FMC Dealer information screen about pending and current updates to Sync are garbage. Any information you hear from most dealership employees will be pretty much word of mouth/pass down from the service manager. I would take it all with a grain of salt. Ford SYNC team do a very good job at giving us a "loose" date so they aren't held to any sort of deadline.

Welcome to pretty much all of Ford.
Ford still operates like an old slow moving company which doesn't work well for technology updates. I have a feeling they're going to make all the 2016 owners wait until the next big update for Sync 3 2.0 and everyone gets it at the same time.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
So I just picked up my new work leased 2017 Explorer yesterday which has Android Auto. I can see how people without Nav would want it but overall I actually prefer Sync 3 interface. I am pretty underwhelmed with it but I am going to test the mess out of it this week before I form any opinions.

Last edited:

Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So I just picked up my new work leased 2017 Explorer yesterday which has Android Auto. I can see how people without Nav would want it but overall I actually prefer Sync 3 interface. I am pretty underwhelmed with it but I am going to test the mess out of it this week before I form any opinions.
I have the Nav package with Sync 3, but it would be nice to have the option to use Google Maps since it is so much easier to enter addresses and such. At the end of the day it comes down to Ford delivering on their promise.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
for those with iphones: this is the new usb hub (required hardware we kept hearing) that is needed to be upgraded.. source: another forum someone installed yesterday
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
im gonna go to my garage and check the hub.. right now ours only have 1 port, assuming this port fits we'll get two.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
generally, ford provides 2 ports.

In the case of Mustangs, there is the main port (dash tray) and remote port (center console bin).

The part above is for f150s, Escapes, and Navigators and the like which don't have a remote port.

With that said... who knows, it might fit.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I sat in my car and the current hub does look like the same size as the picture, except its only one..

HERES THE KICKER: now you can choose GJ7Z-19A387-B (WHITE BACKLIGHTING) or HC3Z-19A387-B (BLUE BACKLIGHTING)

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
no iphone, no care, just give me the fucking AA update already!