• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

400A vs 401A

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
Is the Space Grey color slightly different on 401A versus 400A? Or am I just seeing that because the two photos provided are shot under different lighting situations?
The 401A has additional two-tone trim on the sides of the bolsters and seat.

The biggest jump is from the 300A / 301A, as on base-models the passenger seats lack height adjustment.
Sponsored

Tyler Durden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium - Ordered
The 401A has additional two-tone trim on the sides of the bolsters and seat.

The biggest jump is from the 300A / 301A, as on base-models the passenger seats lack height adjustment.
Maybe I didn't understand correctly. But if you move up to 301A/401A, passenger seats gets height adjustment?

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I didn't understand correctly. But if you move up to 301A/401A, passenger seats gets height adjustment?
Sorry, to clarify, 400A and 401A have the same power seats other than trim color.

Passenger seats only get height adjustment on the 400A and 401A, they don't on the 300A and 301A. The biggest jump is going to the "Premium" (400A) over the 300A/301A because it adds the power-adjustment for the passenger and climate-controlled seats.

Going to the 401A, the seats will look different because the trim around the edges of the base of the seat, and on the edges of the bolstering, gets a premium accent color, the 2-tone areas are bigger, but it's otherwise the same material (and seats) as the 400A.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Let's see if I got this correct...

200/201A: 6way driver, 4way passenger, ActiveX
301A: 6way driver, 4way manual passenger, vinyl/cloth
400A: 6way/4way, leatherette? (possibly ActiveX?)
401A: 6way/4way, actual leather?

Last edited:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue

200/201A: 6way driver, 4way passenger, ActiveX
301A: 6way driver, 2way passenger (no height adjustment, are they power or manual adjustable?), vinyl/cloth
400A: 6way/4way, leatherette? (possibly ActiveX?)
401A: 6way/4way, actual leather?
I went Premium with 401A and AE because the way I see it, I can always change suspension parts, tires, spoiler, chin spoiler, etc, but it's kind of difficult to change the creature comforts. My car is a cruiser with no track so for ME it's perfect. YMMV and that's the beauty of the Mustang! Make it your own!!! And have fun!

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I went Premium with 401A and AE because the way I see it, I can always change suspension parts, tires, spoiler, chin spoiler, etc, but it's kind of difficult to change the creature comforts. My car is a cruiser with no track so for ME it's perfect. YMMV and that's the beauty of the Mustang! Make it your own!!! And have fun!
That's the goal for me, a comfy V8 GT cruiser with some occasional spirited driving. With that in mind I'm definitely on more of a budget for what I hope to own in the future. I'll probably post a new thread about what I'm hoping to achieve sooner than later. 🙃

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The whole car is not "worth it". But WTH, I checked every box except the auto transmission.

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a cheat-sheet:

TrimMaterialFront Seat ClimateDriver SeatPassenger Seat
100AClothNone6-Way Manual4-way Manual (no height adjust)
101ACloth \ VinylHeated6-way Power with Lumbar4-way Manual (no height adjust)
200AActiveXClimate controlled6-way Power with LumbarPower height adjustment
201ALeather-trimmedClimate controlled6-way Power with Lumbar and MemoryPower height adjustment
300AClothNone6-Way Manual
4-way Manual (no height adjust)
301ACloth \ VinylHeated6-Way Manual4-way Manual (no height adjust)
400ALeather-trimmedClimate controlled6-way Power with LumbarPower height adjustment
401ALeather-trimmedClimate controlled6-way Power with Lumbar and MemoryPower height adjustment

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue
Here's a cheat-sheet:

201ALeather-trimmedClimate controlled6-way Power with Lumbar and MemoryPower height adjustment
400ALeather-trimmedClimate controlled6-way Power with LumbarPower height adjustment
401ALeather-trimmedClimate controlled6-way Power with Lumbar and MemoryPower height adjustment
Nice!!!

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Here's a cheat-sheet:

Thank you so much! Adjusting the seatback to lean back or forward counts as part of the 4way...somehow I didn't realize that. (I assumed power lumbar was what made the seat 6way, that was a big oops on my part.)

Of note, I just looked it up and 301A does get the 6way power seat with power lumbar adjustment. (I imagine this is the case for 101A as well.)
Sponsored