• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

400A vs 401A

McSmugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
yeah i just checked that on the ford website, it is like $1095 to add the B&O, does seem like a smart move compared to the $2900 for 401A. do you like how the B&O sounds, worth it?
It sounds pretty good. I don't really have anything else to compare it to though.

I picked the 400A to get the things I wanted and compromised by giving up a few things from the 401A that I could live without. At the end of the day each person has to decide what's best for their needs and budget.
Sponsored

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
yeah read it somewhere on here yesterday i think, they would sell a lot of them if they made them. the screens are the same as the premium just 2 pieces. should have info on the 25's in a couple months. was just looking at the interior on a 301A online and looks pretty nice, upgraded power seats, nicer stereo, etc. i may be considering that trim more also. always had cloth in my mustangs in past, never bothered me. & if you were looking at colors check out the silver, shelby released those new supersnake photos of a silver one yesterday on FB, looks really good.
Please let me know if you ever find out the article or even the purchase page for that plastic piece that combines the separate screens. And at this point I'd only get 400A for the California Special package (I think I said that already 😅).

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
Please let me know if you ever find out the article or even the purchase page for that plastic piece that combines the separate screens. And at this point I'd only get 400A for the California Special package (I think I said that already 😅).
yeah it was cj pony parts former employee i think and said they were working on developing something, can't find it on here now, tried googling it, nothing. will let you know if come across it, dont think they ever made it yet. sounds like would be good invention to make money on.

Bob M.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thinking about maybe ordering a 25 GT when order banks open up later this year. Contemplating which trim level is the best for the cost? Is the 401A worth the extra $2900 over the 400A? just adds the B&O stereo, memory seats, accent stitching on the seats, etc. from that list I do not see the extra value for the cost. do like the nicer one piece screen so probably stick with the premium trim over the base. anybody have a 400A and how do you like it? regret not going 401A? thanks!
Yes. I ordered the MagneRide suspension instead.

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
  • There are better options for the money
  • My reasons in blue

• Includes all GT Features, Plus:
    • B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen® Premium system rocks
    • Illuminated Door-sill Scuff Plates
    • Had on Shelby u never see it
    • Premier Trim with Colour Accent Group same as 401 trim except front console stitching
    • Security Package
  • comes w convertible
    • Ford Co-Pilot 360™ Assist+
    • not for my sport car!
    • Memory Driver Seat and Exterior Mirrors with Integrated Turn Signal Indicators
    • only driver not needed

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • There are better options for the money
  • My reasons in blue

• Includes all GT Features, Plus:
    • B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen® Premium system rocks
    • Illuminated Door-sill Scuff Plates
    • Had on Shelby u never see it
    • Premier Trim with Colour Accent Group same as 401 trim except front console stitching
    • Security Package
  • comes w convertible
    • Ford Co-Pilot 360™ Assist+
    • not for my sport car!
    • Memory Driver Seat and Exterior Mirrors with Integrated Turn Signal Indicators
    • only driver not needed
so you're saying the 9 speaker stereo sounds good & the B&O is not worth the $1K extra? i agree with all your other points,

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
The only time I wouldn't order the High Premium package is if you want the Emberglo interior (not available in combination). You can still get the Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+ package if you want the adaptive cruise control and the B&O sound system with Emberglo.
That's what I have. 400a, Emberglo, DMG, NPP, PP, Co-pilot360, B&O, with Magnaride. Drove it home for $54,680.

S650 Mustang 400A vs 401A Messenger_creation_c1678ef9-b103-44a2-908d-371d5d95fbc0

S650 Mustang 400A vs 401A Screenshot_20240423_182804_Gallery

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
That's what I have. 400a, Emberglo, DMG, NPP, PP, Co-pilot360, B&O, with Magnaride. Drove it home for $54,680.
That's gorgeous! I did the Grabber Blue paint with the Emberglo interior (200A) on my Ecoboost Convertible order, along with MagneRide (plus the required 2.3L Performance Package).

Last edited:

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
so you're saying the 9 speaker stereo sounds good & the B&O is not worth the $1K extra? i agree with all your other points,
Never heard the BnO but 400 sounds as good as my BMW excellent Harman Kardon both have almost too strong bass when eqed and surround option. .
Go to your dealer and play with it mine was first GT delivered in my area Sept. 2 2023 so I never had that option w no regrets.

Last edited:

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Never heard the BnO but 400 sounds as good as my BMW excellent Harmon Karmon both have almost too strong bass when eqed and surround option. .
Go to your dealer and play with it mine was first GT delivered in my area Sept. 2 2023 so I never had that option w no regrets.
Harmon Karmon 😂😂😂

brij250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Toyota FJ, 14 Mustang V6, 23 Bronco 2 DR
did some calculations on ford website and once you add the 301A for $2K you are about $2.5K away from a 400A so the 400A is probably a better deal for the money. can also add on the B&O for $1K more.
I testdrove a 401 A the other day and I was interested in this same question (I like a good sounding system) Honestly it doesn't worth it in my opinion at least just for B&O. Granted, I havent heard the non B&O system but the B&O stereo was just okay. Wasn't bad but wasn't impressive either. I was disappointed myself, esp for the $1K.

If sound is the only thing important to you, I would just upgrade the stereo yourself.

(I'm interested in the other stuff b/c I'm expensive like that, so personally I ordered 401 A btw.)

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
In 401A you also get the seatbelt with the color accent stripe.

Also, as others have mentioned, the 400A leatherette material is a different material than 401A leather material. Look at these 2 pictures of a 400A Space Gray Seat and a 401A Space Gray Seat. They are even cut/trimmed differently. Note the notch in the shoulder in the 401A version as well as the side bolsters. Also the headrest is trimmed differently as well. Some subtle differences.

400A:
S650 Mustang 400A vs 401A 400A Seat_2

401A:
S650 Mustang 400A vs 401A 401A Seat

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In 401A you also get the seatbelt with the color accent stripe.

Also, as others have mentioned, the 400A leatherette material is a different material than 401A leather material. Look at these 2 pictures of a 400A Space Gray Seat and a 401A Space Gray Seat. They are even cut/trimmed differently. Note the notch in the shoulder in the 401A version as well as the side bolsters. Also the headrest is trimmed differently as well. Some subtle differences.

400A:
400A Seat_2.jpg

401A:
401A Seat.jpg
interesting, they are a little different, is there much difference on the steering wheels? does not look like much from the photos . and just the center section on the seats is a different material? real leather on 401A and synthetic leather on 400A, outer parts are the same?

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
Is the Space Grey color slightly different on 401A versus 400A? Or am I just seeing that because the two photos provided are shot under different lighting situations?
Sponsored